Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Walking Dead

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #340 on: May 23, 2012, 10:50:50 AM »
Clearing the prison of zombies is going to be creepy, gore splattered awesomeness.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #341 on: May 23, 2012, 10:52:29 AM »
Clearing the prison of zombies is going to be creepy, gore splattered awesomeness.

Yes...yes it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #342 on: May 23, 2012, 12:10:59 PM »
Cannot wait.  It sounds like season 3 will make up for the first half of season 2 at least...
Unless it doesn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #343 on: May 23, 2012, 01:13:29 PM »
First look at Michone - WOW.  She even favors the comic drawing facially.  Great choice.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/23/walking-dead-danai-gurira-michonne/

Ever since we saw that cloaked figure brandishing a katana sword while accompanied by two chained up armless zombies in The Walking Dead’s season 2 finale, fans have been salivating for a first look at the woman under the hood — Michonne. That first look is now here. A fan favorite from The Walking Dead comic book on which the AMC series is based, Michonne will be played by actress Danai Gurira (Treme) when the show returns for season 3 this October, and here is your exclusive first taste of what she will look like.

In the comics, Michonne is an unflinching warrior who proves to be powerful ally for Rick Grimes and the rest of the survivors. But how different will the onscreen version be? “The essence of the character — her personality, her motives, everything that makes Michonne Michonne — remains intact from the comics,” says Robert Kirkman (the creator of the comic and executive producer of the TV adaptation). “But like a lot of things on the show, there will be little tweaks and differences here and there. We saw that her introduction is slightly different from how it was in the comic, and her interaction with Andrea is really going to be a really cool addition to the character that I think will get television viewers up to speed, and they’ll get to know her a lot faster than comic book readers did.”

As for why they cast the relatively unknown Danai Gurira for the pivotal role, Kirkman says, “We looked at a lot of talented people that were really fantastic, but we were waiting for that one spark, that moment where everyone was completely in agreement and completely excited, and we felt like we had found the essence of this fictional character that just randomly appeared in another person, and that person was Danai Gurira. She kind of came in and really just blew us all away. She’s got incredible presence, and she’s got a theater background, and is very physical, and was just perfect for the role.”

Kirkman is equally enthusiastic about the big location setting for season 3, as Rick and company attempt to turn a prison into their new zombie-proof fortress. “It looks absolutely amazing,” gushes Kirkman. “They are shooting the hell out of this prison. It just looks absolutely stunning, and I think when people start seeing trailers and stuff for this season, I think people are just gonna be like, “Wait, what? This is what? I can’t believe this is a TV show!” It’s really creepy, really moody and it’s just gonna be really awesome.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #344 on: June 26, 2012, 11:10:33 PM »
zombiethon ...weekend of july 7th and 8th om amc.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 11:12:38 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #345 on: June 26, 2012, 11:21:43 PM »
AMC and Dish Network had better kiss and make up before July 1, or I'm making the switch back to DirecTV.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #346 on: June 27, 2012, 09:35:36 AM »
AMC and Dish Network had better kiss and make up before July 1, or I'm making the switch back to DirecTV.

Was watching Shawshank Friday evening on AMC and saw the alert across the bottom. Glad I'm already on Directv because I would be pissed if I were on DISH at the moment. Although it would be because of Breaking Bad for me. This channel has 2-3 big shows that pull in a ton of viewers and I wonder how many of them know about this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #347 on: July 05, 2012, 12:51:12 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #349 on: July 05, 2012, 01:54:15 PM »
Detroit is one of a few cities that a zombie apocalypse would do wonders for...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #350 on: July 09, 2012, 10:32:38 AM »
So Merle is coming back and the navel gazing that punctuated the entire second season and a half at the farm will be left behind.  That's the gist of the preview. 

Will say that I watched the first two episodes and they were so much better than the entire second season that it gave me hope that this show can find its way back.  The first few episodes of the series were pretty damn good.

Weird that they fired the entire writing staff after Year One and apparently selected the women of the Oprah Winfrey Book Club to write season two. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #351 on: July 09, 2012, 10:36:52 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

« Reply #352 on: July 09, 2012, 10:38:49 AM »
So Merle is coming back and the navel gazing that punctuated the entire second season and a half at the farm will be left behind.  That's the gist of the preview. 

Will say that I watched the first two episodes and they were so much better than the entire second season that it gave me hope that this show can find its way back.  The first few episodes of the series were pretty damn good.

Weird that they fired the entire writing staff after Year One and apparently selected the women of the Oprah Winfrey Book Club to write season two.

I agree, it looks like there may be hope. Did you catch the black and white version last night? I thought that was pretty cool.

Also, if any of you have Dish Network and enjoy The Walking Dead, you're going to be pissed come October.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #353 on: July 09, 2012, 10:40:49 AM »
Also, if any of you have Dish Network and enjoy The Walking Dead, you're going to be pissed come October.

I doubt that dish will drop A&E.  This happens every time the contracts run out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #354 on: July 09, 2012, 10:46:25 AM »
I doubt that dish will drop A&E.  This happens every time the contracts run out.

I was told that it was already dropped.....by a customer service rep from Direct TV.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #355 on: July 09, 2012, 10:54:02 AM »
I was told that it was already dropped.....by a customer service rep from Direct TV.

You are correct.  It has been dropped as of July 1 but I doubt highly that they don't get a deal working.  There are too many popular shows that AMC handles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #356 on: July 09, 2012, 10:56:22 AM »
You are correct.  It has been dropped as of July 1 but I doubt highly that they don't get a deal working.  There are too many popular shows that AMC handles.

Smart business would say they have to. If not, they will lose tons of customers and Direct TV will
be smiling all the way to the bank.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #357 on: July 09, 2012, 11:00:32 AM »
Smart business would say they have to. If not, they will lose tons of customers and Direct TV will
be smiling all the way to the bank.

Bingo.

I applaud them for trying to play hardball with AMC or any of the cable networks in an attempt to keep pricing good but you have to pick your battles and understand who has the leverage on this issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #358 on: July 09, 2012, 12:51:37 PM »
Bingo.

I applaud them for trying to play hardball with AMC or any of the cable networks in an attempt to keep pricing good but you have to pick your battles and understand who has the leverage on this issue.

I've had both DirecTV and Dish. 

DirecTV is a Ferrari
Dish is a Yugo up on blocks

You could never, ever, ever, ever pay me enough to switch back to Dish.  It sucked capuchin ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #359 on: July 09, 2012, 12:57:26 PM »
I've had both DirecTV and Dish. 

DirecTV is a Ferrari
Dish is a Yugo up on blocks

You could never, ever, ever, ever pay me enough to switch back to Dish.  It sucked capuchin ass.

Interesting.  Times must have changed.  I had Dish in the mid-late 90's and they were constantly whipping direct's ass. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions