Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Walking Dead

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #240 on: March 12, 2012, 10:35:28 AM »
I was wondering when this would come back into play. If this is in fact the case, they are screwed.

I never read up on the comic and I am unsure how close the TV series follows the comic, but, one of my wifes friends apparently did read the comic and said that Lori dies too......soon. How ironic would it be if Carl has to put both of them down.

How about you fuckers with advance knowledge give some spoiler alerts?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #241 on: March 12, 2012, 10:42:01 AM »

Hey that comment you quoted has spoilers in it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #242 on: March 12, 2012, 11:29:09 AM »
How do they explain it?

My theory: the virus is airborne and all have inhaled it.  It incubates in the body and upon lack of oxygen/death it activates.

I'm assuming that this is what the CDC doctor whispered.

It's never been explained in the comic, and I've read all but the most recent 2 or 3 issues.

I was talking with Wench, and your theory is just about what I was thinking.  Guessing here, but that could be why Rick didn't leave Shane's body, he knew it would reanimate (but I wonder, why not just kick in the head of the dead body?).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #243 on: March 12, 2012, 11:32:16 AM »
It's never been explained in the comic, and I've read all but the most recent 2 or 3 issues.

I was talking with Wench, and your theory is just about what I was thinking.  Guessing here, but that could be why Rick didn't leave Shane's body, he knew it would reanimate (but I wonder, why not just kick in the head of the dead body?).

My only question about this being the case is that this a big freaking thing for Rick to not tell to the rest of the group if he has known since the CDC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #244 on: March 12, 2012, 11:41:06 AM »

My only question about this being the case is that this a big freaking thing for Rick to not tell to the rest of the group if he has known since the CDC.
Rick knows best.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #245 on: March 12, 2012, 11:57:20 AM »

Maybe Rick didn't believe Jenner, and wanted to see for himself?  Shane is the first person that they've seen who died from something other than Zombie Bite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #246 on: March 12, 2012, 12:01:02 PM »
Maybe Rick didn't believe Jenner, and wanted to see for himself?  Shane is the first person that they've seen who died from something other than Zombie Bite.
And the Randall kid in the woods.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #247 on: March 12, 2012, 12:13:37 PM »
True, but the group didn't see Randall die, just Shane.  Maybe Rick didn't tell Shane what Jenner said?

I should add that Dr Jenner is not a character in the comics, so I don't think I'm spoiling anything by talking about causes, etc.  I will refrain from talking about comic spoilers, as they could impact the TV Show story line.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:15:00 PM by AUJarhead »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #248 on: March 12, 2012, 12:24:13 PM »

If advance knowledge is that from my wifes friend that apparently read the comics, then sure ok.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #249 on: March 12, 2012, 12:26:51 PM »
If advance knowledge is that from my wifes friend that apparently read the comics, then sure ok.

I knew you were going to say that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #250 on: March 12, 2012, 12:32:39 PM »
True, but the group didn't see Randall die, just Shane.  Maybe Rick didn't tell Shane what Jenner said?

I should add that Dr Jenner is not a character in the comics, so I don't think I'm spoiling anything by talking about causes, etc.  I will refrain from talking about comic spoilers, as they could impact the TV Show story line.

So, Daryl and Glenn did see/kill the Randall as a zombie so I am sure that will be brought up and they have a pretty good suspicion that Shane did it. What they will soon find out is that Shane was also killed as a zombie therefore folks gonna be asking. One thing that plays in my head is the incident with Shane trapped in the bus. Did he get scratched?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #251 on: March 12, 2012, 12:33:48 PM »
I knew you were going to say that.

Its like a never ending commercial.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #252 on: March 12, 2012, 12:56:25 PM »

Yes...discussions of what occurs in the comics, even if secondhand info is involved, qualifies.  Please don't spill any more beans without a warning.  Thanks.

One thing that plays in my head is the incident with Shane trapped in the bus. Did he get scratched?

He would have gone zombie long before he was killed by Rick, I think.  Randall had no recent exposure and the setup with the cops at the depot would also have been unnecessary.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

« Reply #253 on: March 12, 2012, 01:05:31 PM »
He would have gone zombie long before he was killed by Rick, I think.  Randall had no recent exposure and the setup with the cops at the depot would also have been unnecessary.

Thats what I was remembering. It was mentioned the two dead cops were not bitten but only scratched with both Shane and Randall in a close call but not bitten in the same episode. This would fit well with your "carrier" scenario with both of them dying as a zombie but not directly being infected. Also, I think the time frame from these two episodes is like three days.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #254 on: March 12, 2012, 01:06:40 PM »

Incorrect.  Two people in the bar.  The people who stayed behind at CDC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #255 on: March 12, 2012, 01:08:16 PM »

Shit, forgot about those in the bar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #256 on: March 12, 2012, 01:09:36 PM »
Shit, forgot about those in the bar.

Pffft
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #257 on: March 12, 2012, 02:23:00 PM »

Forgot all about them.....Wait, what the hell are you doing still watching?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #258 on: March 12, 2012, 02:27:39 PM »
Forgot all about them.....Wait, what the hell are you doing still watching?

What, you don't think he will miss it when Lori is dea....wait, never mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #259 on: March 12, 2012, 04:08:03 PM »
My theory: the virus is airborne and all have inhaled it.  It incubates in the body and upon lack of oxygen/death it activates.

Alternatively, the virus may activate even while the person is alive, but it may take longer, whereas lack of oxygen/death accelerates it.

The reason I say this is because Shane was acting weird prior to his death.  Staring off in the distance like a mouth breathing retard, slapping his head repeatedly, etc.  Granted, Shane's been becoming unhinged for some time now, but the last episode was pretty extreme.  There were points where Shane was excessively drooling for no apparent reason.

With that being said, if Shane was infected and the virus does turn the living at a slower rate, then why aren't the others showing signs?  Maybe they're immune?  Or the time frame in which a living person will turn is dependent upon that person's genetic predispositions, metabolism, etc.?

Part of me says that the dormancy period theory is more likely, but the one thing that gets me is that if a living person is bitten, they turn.  Technically, I guess they die first and then turn, but still, the virus doesn't remain dormant in their system after being bitten until a later point at which they die.  So what would be the difference between inhaling the virus and contracting it via a bite?  Why does a living person who is bitten die and then turn, but a living person who has supposedly inhaled it does not turn until they die from something else?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin