Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A sad day for football

A sad day for football
« on: March 26, 2008, 09:30:44 AM »
Whether an Alabama fan or not, you hate to see anything like this happen. Victor Ellis
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Ogre

Re: A sad day for football
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 10:11:52 AM »
Wow, that's horrible.  We're the same age, and it's hard to believe how severe the cancer he had was.  Sad indeed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 10:52:50 AM »
I hate that it happened and I hate the fuck out of cancer, my wife is a 6th year survivor of breast cancer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Peace, Love and God Bless Auburn!

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 11:21:07 AM »
I hate that it happened and I hate the fuck out of cancer, my wife is a 6th year survivor of breast cancer.

A very good friend of mine had her little brother die of cancer. He was on his 3 spell with it, and died the day of the 'Bama v LSU game. He was 20. Cancer sucks a big one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 11:37:44 AM »
There is nobody that shit hasn't affected in one way or another.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 11:47:09 AM »
I'd much rather have AIDS than cancer these days. AIDS is so pase'. More of an 80's and early 90's thing.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 01:52:38 PM »
Not wanting to come off like a dick here, but don't you think it's a bit of a stretch to say that Victor Ellis' passing (while tragic) is a sad day for football? Football is a pretty big place, and there are literally hundreds of thousands of players. Victor was one man. Now, the plane crash that killed a majority of the Marshall football team and coaching staff back in 1970 was a tragedy that the entire world of football felt.

Just putting it in perspective.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 02:34:40 PM »
Not wanting to come off like a dick here, but don't you think it's a bit of a stretch to say that Victor Ellis' passing (while tragic) is a sad day for football? Football is a pretty big place, and there are literally hundreds of thousands of players. Victor was one man. Now, the plane crash that killed a majority of the Marshall football team and coaching staff back in 1970 was a tragedy that the entire world of football felt.

Just putting it in perspective.

Nah, you don't come off as a dick, but Victor meant a lot to people here in this state. I understand everyone says what a good person someone was once they pass, but everyone that had anything, ANYTHING, to do with Victor truly adored him. And when I said a sad day for football, I more or less meant in the south. Most SEC fans gets caught up in these young men, and always want the best for them, even after they graduate. Victor was a great ambassador for the SEC and someone who genuinely deserved much better than this. <-- In no way implying that you meant otherwise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 05:22:15 PM »

A very good friend of mine had her little brother die of cancer. He was on his 3 spell with it, and died the day of the 'Bama v LSU game. He was 20. Cancer sucks a big one.

after 6 years and a surprise baby boy (who we thought couldn't happen after radiation and chemo) we are feeling pretty good that we kicked that mother fuckers ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Peace, Love and God Bless Auburn!