Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Here's an excuse for you guys...

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Here's an excuse for you guys...
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 10:44:47 PM »
No way.  Mick the Dick is nasty.  I even like Aerosmith better than the Stones.  Yeah, I just said that.

Tyler couldn't wear Mick's Trojan Magnum as a front man. Not even close. Were talking showmanship here, not vocals. Not that Tyler can sing anyway. To me, Robert Plant is the ultimate rock god front man. And oh yeah, that Robinson dude from the Black Crowes seems pretty cool. One of the few modern bands I dig.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 11:17:44 PM »
Tyler couldn't wear Mick's Trojan Magnum as a front man. Not even close. Were talking showmanship here, not vocals. Not that Tyler can sing anyway. To me, Robert Plant is the ultimate rock god front man. And oh yeah, that Robinson dude from the Black Crowes seems pretty cool. One of the few modern bands I dig.

Stop with your drunk posting.  Aerosmith has been rocking your face for 12 decades.  Tyler is still kickin' ass at 94 years old. Neither Tyler nor Jagger are sexy. Two ugly as hell dudes. But as for R&R...Aerosmith takes a back seat to no one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 12:10:48 AM »
Stop with your drunk posting.  Aerosmith has been rocking your face for 12 decades.  Tyler is still kickin' ass at 94 years old. Neither Tyler nor Jagger are sexy. Two ugly as hell dudes. But as for R&R...Aerosmith takes a back seat to no one.

Aerosmith = good
Tyler = not good

We all know deep down, Joe Perry has made that band what they are. Come on guys, admit it. Dude is the shitz.

And yes, both fugly as hell. But since I'm not into dudes, I don't really notice at first glance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 03:08:01 AM »
Bravo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 09:52:45 AM »

I nominate Roger Daltrey.  Doesn't write lyrics, doesn't really play an instrument.  Just does what Townshend tells him and brings it.  See "Won't Get Fooled Again" at the 9/11 benefit concert for New York.  They blew everyone off the stage in a lineup that included Jagger and Richards, McCartney, Bowie, Elton John, Clapton, Jay Z, and Mellencamp (one of these things is not like the others).

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2011, 09:54:45 AM »
I nominate Roger Daltrey.  Doesn't write lyrics, doesn't really play an instrument.  Just does what Townshend tells him and brings it.  See "Won't Get Fooled Again" at the 9/11 benefit concert for New York.  They blew everyone off the stage in a lineup that included Jagger and Richards, McCartney, Bowie, Elton John, Clapton, Jay Z, and Mellencamp (one of these things is not like the others).

Well played 2000. Daltrey slipped my mind. However, did you see his SB performance? I cringed....twice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2011, 09:57:43 AM »
Not a Who fan at all and I was bummed they were tabbed to do the SB.  I have to say though, I was surprised and actually enjoyed their performance. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2011, 10:01:58 AM »
Well played 2000. Daltrey slipped my mind. However, did you see his SB performance? I cringed....twice.

Well Moon was the wildman in the band, but they were able to do OK without him.  But Entwhistle was the real glue that held the band together and the impetus behind their numerous reunions (mostly because of his debts due to gambling, divorce, etc).  When he died they should have just retired the Who name and never done that Super Bowl show.  It was just kind of sad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2011, 10:02:47 AM »
Not a Who fan at all and I was bummed they were tabbed to do the SB.  I have to say though, I was surprised and actually enjoyed their performance.

I love, love, love The Who......BUT you must have had it on mute if you enjoyed those vocals. Daltrey has lost it. It was actually sad to me watching him up there. Thats whats so crazy about Plant is that the guy can still sing.

Saw a video on teh Direct Teevee's of Franki Valli doing a concert pretty recently (at age 75). Guy was still belting out a falsetto pretty easy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2011, 10:06:21 AM »
I love, love, love The Who......BUT you must have had it on mute if you enjoyed those vocals. Daltrey has lost it. It was actually sad to me watching him up there. Thats whats so crazy about Plant is that the guy can still sing.

Saw a video on teh Direct Teevee's of Franki Valli doing a concert pretty recently (at age 75). Guy was still belting out a falsetto pretty easy.

Plant can still sing with Allison Krauss.  Not sure if he could still hit the notes on "Immigrant Song".  Same with Daltrey, he has blown his voice out too much to do most of The Who's repertoire.  The Stone's songs have never seemed to be as difficult lyrically so Jagger is still able to keep up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2011, 10:10:46 AM »
Roger was just nervous.  He's never sung in front of many people.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2011, 10:11:04 AM »
Well Moon was the wildman in the band, but they were able to do OK without him.  But Entwhistle was the real glue that held the band together and the impetus behind their numerous reunions (mostly because of his debts due to gambling, divorce, etc).  When he died they should have just retired the Who name and never done that Super Bowl show.  It was just kind of sad.

Funny story about Entwistle aka Teh Ox.

A guy I worked with years back from England actually worked in the music industry in the UK back in the 70's, 80's and part of the 90's before he got into the IT field here in the US. He knew Entwistle pretty good and had visited his house on numerous occasions since he had worked on the some of his sound engineering post-Moon. He was telling me that he was extremely quiet but when he did talk he was usually pissed as a fart and the biggest smart ass the world has ever seen. Showed me pics of his studio from his visits which highlighted his massive bass collection.....guy had a vault with literally 100's of instruments at his mansion. It was amazing.  Its sad that the guy's death was ultimate attributed to his cocaine use at THAT age. You figure these guys give it up at some point (i.e. Jimmy Page) but some never do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2011, 10:17:33 AM »
Plant can still sing with Allison Krauss.  Not sure if he could still hit the notes on "Immigrant Song".  Same with Daltrey, he has blown his voice out too much to do most of The Who's repertoire.  The Stone's songs have never seemed to be as difficult lyrically so Jagger is still able to keep up.

Was thinking the same thing about Plant. Especially that first burst out of Immigrant Song or even Whole Lotta Love coming out of the Theramin solo in the middle.

I love the Stones but what you say is true. They've largely been able to stay more relevant because the vocals on much of their stuff just isn't very hard. Mick is an entertainer not a true vocalist. But I think they rock nonetheless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2011, 11:41:47 AM »

A guy I worked with years back from England actually worked in the music industry in the UK back in the 70's, 80's and part of the 90's before he got into the IT field here in the US. He knew Entwistle pretty good and had visited his house on numerous occasions since he had worked on the some of his sound engineering post-Moon. He was telling me that he was extremely quiet but when he did talk he was usually pissed as a fart and the biggest smart ass the world has ever seen. Showed me pics of his studio from his visits which highlighted his massive bass collection.....guy had a vault with literally 100's of instruments at his mansion. It was amazing.  Its sad that the guy's death was ultimate attributed to his cocaine use at THAT age. You figure these guys give it up at some point (i.e. Jimmy Page) but some never do.

I've heard that Daltrey was pretty vehemently anti drug and alcohol (especially for a '60's and '70's rock star).  I've heard that after the band broke up that Entwhistle kind of just fell off the deep end.

The other members of The Who expelled Daltrey from the band in late 1965 after he beat up drummer Keith Moon for supplying drugs to Townshend and Entwistle, causing him to re-examine his methods of dealing with people. A week later, Daltrey was admitted back to the band, but was told he'd be on probation. He promised there would be no more violent outbursts or assaults. Daltrey recalled, "I thought if I lost the band I was dead. If I didn't stick with The Who, I would be a sheet metal worker for the rest of my life."
  From Wikipedia (take with a shaker of salt)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2011, 11:48:04 AM »

So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2011, 12:49:16 PM »
So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show.

Forgot about that one GF.  :classic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 01:28:56 PM »

Yes, I have a question. When did you turn into a nutbar?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions