Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Terrorist Attack in Moscow

Token

Re: Terrorist Attack in Moscow
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »
I hope it was a Jihad.  I hope Bin Laden makes another video declaring a Holy Jihad against the Russians.  Then I hope the Russians load up all of their ammunition, dig out all of those Afghan uniforms from 1979 and drive their tanks straight up Afghanistan's ass.

If I had enough time and money, I'd start drawing slanderous Taliban comics under a Chinese alias and have them printed in Chinese newspapers.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 11:20:09 PM »
You no rike Arrah?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 08:23:45 AM »
1. Not really sure it matters which side you chose
2. I still think it is an odd choice of comparison, it almost seems as if you are throwing that out there so you can tell us how you feel about the Waco situation. True people many have died in both situations and personal beliefs were involved, but in Waco the people with their personal beliefs were the ones dieing. On the other hand, the person in Moscow was the one with the personal beliefs and he was the one inflicting the harm. I just think it is a bad example for comparison.

You are one nitpicky motherfucker.  And to be honest, I couldn't care less about the Waco situation, but the comparison stands as both involve people dying for stupid reasons. 

And for the record, if you don't think the leader of the Waco compound was inflicting serious harm on his members (physical is not the only means of malevolence), then I'm not sure you know a whole lot about the situation. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 09:55:14 AM »
Being that the old Soviet Union had their long, drawn out war in Afghanistan themselves, albeit probably what...25-30 years ago?....has there still been problems between the two?  Maybe it's just my perception that the U.S. is the prime target for terrorist acts like this; however, this kind of shit is becoming all too common place all around the world.  Do radical Muslims that do this shit just hate everyone who simply isn't Muslim?
Fuckin Rambo should have never saved the Afganis
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 10:29:53 AM »
I am going to guess it has to be Chechen related - because unlike the pussies who currently are in charge of our national security in the Executive Branch, the Russian government will FUCK.  YOU.  UP.  They don't worry about waterboarding because they do not take prisoners.  Al Queda is not that stupid.  They may provide aid to the Chechens but they are not about to take the Bear by the balls directly.

Ahem... I gots Russian skreets...

Putin: Retribution 'inevitable' for airport attack

Jan 25, 9:03 AM (ET)

By JIM HEINTZ 

MOSCOW (AP) - Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin vowed "retribution is inevitable" for the suicide bombing that killed 35 people at Russia's busiest airport, while President Dmitry Medvedev demanded robust checks at all transport hubs and lashed out at the airport for lax security.

Putin has built much of his reputation on harsh statements, but he did not elaborate on what kind of retribution he had planned or against whom in his comments Tuesday carried by Russian news agencies.

No claims of responsibility have been made for the attack Monday at Domodedovo Airport, which also left 180 people injured. Suspicion is likely to fall, however, on Islamist separatist insurgents from Chechnya or elsewhere in Russia's restive Caucasus region who have been battling Russian authority for over 15 years.

Chechen insurgents have claimed responsibility for an array of attacks in Moscow and elsewhere in Russia, including a double suicide bombing on the capital's subway system in March 2010 that killed 40 people. They also have hit Domodedovo Airport before, with two suicide bombers slipping through its security in 2004 to kill 90 people.[snip]

Putin rose to power largely on his tough-against-terror image, including a famous vow that Chechen rebels would be hunted down and killed "in the outhouse." But despite launching the second Russia-Chechnya war and pushing harsh against suspected rebels, he was unable to wipe out the Chechen insurgency during his 2000-2008 presidency.

In addition, it's unclear what levers Putin could push now if he aims to exact retribution. After the Beslan school hostage crisis in 2004 that killed more than 330 people, half of them children, Putin pushed through changes to make regional governors appointed rather than elected. Still, further attempts at consolidating Russian government control could provoke a backlash from an opposition movement that has grown in recent months.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 10:59:34 AM »
I'm sure Cecil is behind this somehow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 12:05:30 PM »
I'm sure Cecil is behind this somehow.

It's ok though Cam wasn't aware of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 12:40:16 PM »
phukin Rambo should have never saved the Afganis 

There's a history there...  We were friends with the Mujahideen back in the day, but all of those relationships fell apart, among other things, during the 90s. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 12:42:28 PM »
There's a history there...  We were friends with the Mujahideen back in the day, but all of those relationships fell apart, among other things, during the 90s.

Yeah I know...I fuckin remember.

Hell the CIA trained half of today's terrorists...including Bin Laden.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 01:58:02 PM »
You are one nitpicky motherfucker.  And to be honest, I couldn't care less about the Waco situation, but the comparison stands as both involve people dying for stupid reasons. 

And for the record, if you don't think the leader of the Waco compound was inflicting serious harm on his members (physical is not the only means of malevolence), then I'm not sure you know a whole lot about the situation.

I'm not really trying to express any opinions on the Waco situation other than it being a bad model of comparison to acts of terrorism. If we all just go by your logic then everyone that dies for a stupid reason should be held in comparison to terrorism? If that's the case, then check out all of these terrorist on www.darwinawards.com.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 11:12:39 PM »
One of the classes I am taking this semester to go towards my minor in political science is "Understanding International Terrorism". So far the textbook has been the most interesting textbook I have ever read. Just reading about the history of terrorism from the dawn of recorded history is pretty awesome. Though the book is supposed to be unbiased, yet thus far I would guess that Muslim extremists would not like the book one bit.

It actually has mentioned the Waco situation, but as a comparison to what most countries consider terrorism and what they don't. Waco was an example of how a person with very good manipulation skills could prey on weaker minds or loners, and have them believe in something that either they normally would not or actually don't fully understand. It gives them a sense of belong to something that they perceive as  important because some extreme leader has convinced them of that, thus also getting them to do things they never thought about doing before in the name of religion, culture, etc. The Branch Davidians had not committed any terrorist acts and might not have been a terrorist organization, but the fact that law enforcement felt they could not wait to see if they did anything was evidence that the BDs were considered to be an organization capable of terrorist acts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions