Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lanier to UT

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Lanier to UT
« on: January 20, 2011, 12:32:08 PM »
One-time Auburn commitment Izauea Lanier is now headed to Knoxville. Lanier, a 6-1, 190-pound defensive back at East Mississippi Community College, had signed with Auburn coming out of Gordo High School in 2009, and committed to the Tigers again last February, becoming the first member of AU's 2011 class.

But with their numbers filling up, the Tigers encouraged Lanier to re-open his recruitment and he announced his commitment to the Vols this week, choosing Tennessee over Ole Miss.

"Tennessee recruited me harder than anyone else," Lanier told Rivals.com, which ranks him as the No. 16 JUCO player in the country. "And they have been so loyal to me that I just felt I wanted to be loyal back."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Lanier to UT
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 12:33:29 PM »
hmmmm...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »
"Encouraged him"?

Wonder how that went down, exactly.

However, he was the undeniable weakest link on our commit list.

I'm kind of surprised Coates and Denson are still so low on the list after this whole re-ranking deal. When I first heard about these guys they both got me hot and bothered.

So I guess this means, we have a surprise WR waiting in the wings? Thoughts on who that may be?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 12:47:36 PM »
"Encouraged him"?

Wonder how that went down, exactly.

However, he was the undeniable weakest link on our commit list.

I'm kind of surprised Coates and Denson are still so low on the list after this whole re-ranking deal. When I first heard about these guys they both got me hot and bothered.

So I guess this means, we have a surprise WR waiting in the wings? Thoughts on who that may be?

Nope. We don't need more WR. I think we are making room for other possibilities...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 12:57:52 PM »
Nope. We don't need more WR. I think we are making room for other possibilities...
^^This^^

Making room for a big ugly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 01:48:58 PM »
"Tennessee recruited me harder than anyone else," Lanier told Rivals.com, which ranks him as the No. 16 JUCO player in the country. "And they have been so loyal to me that I just felt I wanted to be loyal back after I originally picked another school that said I wasn't good enough for them.."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 01:58:56 PM »
Damn, thats gonna leave a mark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 01:09:35 AM »
This was the guy that Kaos said would never see the field at AU. Hmmmmm
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 02:00:23 AM »
Maybe he'll qualify this time, unless he doesn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 05:33:37 AM »
This was the guy that Kaos said would never see the field at AU. Hmmmmm
Yup, and I said that he's going to be bigtime player.  Guess we'll have to wait and see if my eye for talent continues to be really good.

The next recruit that I'm big on is Angelo Blackson.  If he can stick it out and not get home sick, being that he's from Delaware, he's going to be a Vicious DT similar to Nick Fairley.  Right it down, put it in a safe, then within a few years try and tell me that I was wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 08:58:15 AM »
Yup, and I said that he's going to be bigtime player.  Guess we'll have to wait and see if my eye for talent continues to be really good.

I also said his brother Demario is the real deal.   Izuea was marginal at best.  He had some talent, but kept snakes upstairs where his brains should be.   

Wonder is his brother is off the radar, too?  He can play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 09:51:24 PM »
I also said his brother Demario is the real deal.   Izuea was marginal at best.  He had some talent, but kept snakes upstairs where his brains should be.   

Wonder is his brother is off the radar, too?  He can play.
I haven't seen him mentioned anywhere yet.  He'll be a Senior this upcoming season, correct?  WR/DB?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 07:50:08 AM »
I haven't seen him mentioned anywhere yet.  He'll be a Senior this upcoming season, correct?  WR/DB?

Nope.  Gonna be a junior this year. 

Ran the ball 23 times for 209 yards and 4 TDs, caught 34 passes for 536 yards and eight TDs, had 593 yards and two TDs on kick/punt returns, and 21 tackles.  Don't know how many INTs but I'm pretty sure it was three or more.

Their quarterback was pretty weak, too.  FWIW, the whole team had about 1200 yards receiving and 16 scores, so he was half of that.

Team made the semis and beat the everloving piss out of almost everybody they played.  AU recruit Jonathan Rose (?) from Leeds shut him down in the playoffs, though. Don't think he had a single catch.  In fact I don't think Gordo completed but two or three passes all game. The QB was horrible that night.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:15:13 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.