I didn't want him anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Devaunte Sigler chooses.....
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 03:57:54 PM »
And what pasture is that?

Gotta ask the same thing.  I don't see any greener pastures on the defensive side of the ball that is still available  that we are considering and is not an Auburn lock.   If you spend a lot of time on recruiting a kid, and its a kid that you want, you are recruiting against other schools and he goes elsewhere, it was a lost battle imo.  I would bet some of the turd fans thought the same thing about Calloway. 

There is no shame in losing out on a kid, just like Lattimore, we were in it until the end and it was nothing to hang our heads about, but we lost out on him to Spurrier on that final visit according to Rivals.  If anything it shows that we will fight for a kid. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 03:59:06 PM »
Greg Smith.

The basketball player that looks like he's 80?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 04:00:30 PM »
The basketball player that looks like he's 80?
Nevermind...old ITAT joke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 04:01:04 PM »
Not sure, but even if it's not a DT, the spot might be used to secure another need.  I think the CK visit gives pause.  It could also be a product of AU not feeling good about the overall character of the kid.  However, AU walked, and I don't think that they walked "to save face" in lieu of our current recruiting succes.

Maybe we'll hear something more soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 04:02:31 PM »
Nevermind...old ITAT joke.

Personally, I guffawed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 05:26:07 PM »
I would bet some of the turd fans thought the same thing about Calloway. 

Got a gleeful message from a Bama fan yesterday insisting this kid remains a silent commit to Bama and will take a raunchy shit on AU a week from today. 

"Flipped ain't flipped until it's flipped again." 

I hate my friends. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 06:23:37 PM »
Got a gleeful message from a Bama fan yesterday insisting this kid remains a silent commit to Bama and will take a raunchy poop on AU a week from today. 

"Flipped ain't flipped until it's flipped again." 

I hate my friends.

??????????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 07:02:28 PM »
The contents of this thread are why I gave up my subscription to Rivals.  Too much high school drama.  They might as well break into song and call it Glee: Football Edition. 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:14:50 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 07:04:06 PM »
I don't know about Calloway, but a family member of a current player told me that Cyrus has been a silent commit since his brother committed last year.  Supposedly, he is holding out to be Bama's "headline" announcement on signing day.  Whether or not he chose Auburn as a final school to make it look like a Bama victory, I don't know.  I didn't ask. 

Might be bullshit.  Might be truth.

That's what Manteets Smith did a few years back, so I wouldn't be surprised.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 11:16:16 PM »
I don't know about Calloway, but a family member of a current player told me that Cyrus has been a silent commit since his brother committed last year.  Supposedly, he is holding out to be Bama's "headline" announcement on signing day.  Whether or not he chose Auburn as a final school to make it look like a Bama victory, I don't know.  I didn't ask. 

Might be bullshit.  Might be truth.

Dammit, that's it.  THAT. IS. IT.   I posted this same rant elsewhere, but it deserves to see the light of day. 

I refuse to kowtow to a fucking 18 year old kid.  Tell 'em to call Marcus Lattimore and ask him how the view of the BCSNCG was from the fucking stands and if he wished he could take back that fucking hat trick.  Tell 'em to call Lache Seastrunk and ask him how it felt to be number 2 while riding the pine instead of running for the end zone.  If the kids that came to campus last weekend weren't awestruck by 87,000 strong celebrating in JHS, if they don't want to be a part of the best family in all of college football, then FUCK EM. 

It's not only what you can do for us, punk.  It is very much what we can do for you.  Enjoy your fifteen seconds of fame, sweetheart, because I hope Coach Yox has you throwing up your shoelaces come March.

With you guys as my witness, I swear on all that is holy that if my son is ever recruited for any sport, he will not pull this silent commit, hat trick, flip flopping bullshit.  He will make a fucking decision, let any and all coaches know as appropriate, sign the fucking papers on Signing Day or for early enrollment, whatever, and go about his fucking business like a man.

Goll DAMN this shit gets on my eleventh nerve!!!!!!!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 11:20:22 PM »
Dammit, that's it.  THAT. IS. IT.   I posted this same rant elsewhere, but it deserves to see the light of day. 

I refuse to kowtow to a fucking 18 year old kid.  Tell 'em to call Marcus Lattimore and ask him how the view of the BCSNCG was from the fucking stands and if he wished he could take back that fucking hat trick.  Tell 'em to call Lache Seastrunk and ask him how it felt to be number 2 while riding the pine instead of running for the end zone.  If the kids that came to campus last weekend weren't awestruck by 87,000 strong celebrating in JHS, if they don't want to be a part of the best family in all of college football, then FUCK EM. 

It's not only what you can do for us, punk.  It is very much what we can do for you.  Enjoy your fifteen seconds of fame, sweetheart, because I hope Coach Yox has you throwing up your shoelaces come March.

With you guys as my witness, I swear on all that is holy that if my son is ever recruited for any sport, he will not pull this silent commit, hat trick, flip flopping bullshit.  He will make a fucking decision, let any and all coaches know as appropriate, sign the fucking papers on Signing Day or for early enrollment, whatever, and go about his fucking business like a man.

I'm with you on this.  To go further, I won't hope for failure for any kid who's trying to get an education, but I will poke fun at kids who pull this flip/flop, hat trick, bullshit when it blows up in their face.  18 or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 07:29:25 AM »
The contents of this thread are why I gave up my subscription to Rivals.  Too much high school drama.  They might as well break into song and call it Glee: Football Edition.

What's Glee?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 07:31:45 AM »
What's Glee?
glee (gl)
n.
1. Jubilant delight; joy.
2. Music A part song scored for three or more usually male and unaccompanied voices that was popular in the 18th century.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 07:33:15 AM »
glee (gl)
n.
1. Jubilant delight; joy.
2. Music A part song scored for three or more usually male and unaccompanied voices that was popular in the 18th century.

Sounds ghey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 09:00:00 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2011, 10:25:36 AM »

I love you.

Agree though. Your rant above describes perfectly how I have felt about Drew for the last week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE