Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Never Again"

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: "Never Again"
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 02:04:40 PM »
Yes, it's pretty standard. We've seen similar things numerous times in numerous locker rooms. My post wasn't meant to say "These pieces of paper is the only reason we won the NC, or might win next season". My simple point was "why not"? It's not like it's hurting anything.
You're right, it isn't hurting anything.

Just know who your Big Brother is.  The Auburn Mutha Fuckin' Tigers.  It's pretty sad when your own Moderator on bOL has to issue a statment that all of the Auburn topics need to be kept in one place.  This was right after or right before Jeffrey Lee made a statement or two directed at your retarded fanbase.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 02:15:40 PM »
Yes, it's pretty standard. We've seen similar things numerous times in numerous locker rooms. My post wasn't meant to say "These pieces of paper is the only reason we won the NC, or might win next season". My simple point was "why not"? It's not like it's hurting anything.

You'd have a point except for the "worked out pretty well..." taunt you attempted in the original. 

In doing so you inferred some magical property to be attached to this one due to the alleged success of two other similar efforts (while ignoring the other 4300 that didn't have an impact and also the fact that there is no evidence of these two previous successful efforts). 

Your current "why not" position is in direct contrast to the position you took at the outset. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 02:59:25 PM »
You'd have a point except for the "worked out pretty well..." taunt you attempted in the original. 

In doing so you inferred some magical property to be attached to this one due to the alleged success of two other similar efforts (while ignoring the other 4300 that didn't have an impact and also the fact that there is no evidence of these two previous successful efforts). 

Your current "why not" position is in direct contrast to the position you took at the outset.
Call it poor wording, or whatever you want. It wasn't meant as a taunt. It has worked out OK so far, meaning it hasn't hurt the team or caused any unwanted adverse effects on the team. It is but a small piece of the overall motivation for the team. If a piece of paper has more to do with our team's success than our coaches, then there is a problem. Which is why what I said wasn't mean as a "THIS PIECE OF PAPER AND THIS PIECE OF PAPER ONLY WILL DEFINE OUR TEAM FOR THE NEXT 20 YEARS!". Next time I will make sure I put forth a lengthy, multiple paragraph explanation of exactly what I mean next time I make a slightly ambiguous post. I know you guys love that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Token

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 03:06:53 PM »
Call it poor wording, or whatever you want. It wasn't meant as a taunt. It has worked out OK so far, meaning it hasn't hurt the team or caused any unwanted adverse effects on the team. It is but a small piece of the overall motivation for the team. If a piece of paper has more to do with our team's success than our coaches, then there is a problem. Which is why what I said wasn't mean as a "THIS PIECE OF PAPER AND THIS PIECE OF PAPER ONLY WILL DEFINE OUR TEAM FOR THE NEXT 20 YEARS!". Next time I will make sure I put forth a lengthy, multiple paragraph explanation of exactly what I mean next time I make a slightly ambiguous post. I know you guys love that.

If ever I find myself in this similar predicament, my rule of thumb is to log off for a few hours and pretend like this never happened. 

Or you could champion through a few more pages. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2011, 03:08:16 PM »
I will make sure I put forth a lengthy, multiple paragraph explanation of exactly what I mean

I only write these, I never read them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2011, 03:11:26 PM »
If ever I find myself in this similar predicament, my rule of thumb is to log off for a few hours and pretend like this never happened. 

A hearty guffaw was heard by the girls up front eminating from my office.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 03:11:42 PM »

That last post was pretty much it for me, thanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 03:13:04 PM »

I totally heart you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2011, 03:13:30 PM »
A hearty guffaw was heard by the girls up front eminating from my office.

These the ugly ones?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 03:15:21 PM »
These the ugly ones?

Whatever, we went out and hired a whole new set of bitches.  Man you wouldn't believe a couple of them.  Unreal how...

Yeah, pretty much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 03:15:45 PM »

:thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 03:19:37 PM »

RWS, you be fuxed. Quit now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 03:39:53 PM »
Whatever, we went out and hired a whole new set of bitches.  Man you wouldn't believe a couple of them.  Unreal how...

Yeah, pretty much.
That is a sound business plan.  Only bad things can happen from hiring a hot 21 year old...or good things...depending on how you look at it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 03:49:48 PM »
That is a sound business plan.  Only bad things can happen from hiring a hot 21 year old...or good things...depending on how you look at it.

Yeah, it's 6 in one hand....and hot pussy in the other
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 05:29:07 PM »

are sayin' you swing both ways?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2011, 07:56:10 PM »
are sayin' you swing both ways?
makes sense, especially if the only way he can get six inches in his hand is to hold some other dude's junk
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions