Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New story

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: New story
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2011, 01:11:34 PM »
I agree with Wench's post.  I think guys like Saniflush, JR, Godfather and others can easily see it either way because they were NOT the subject of endless bullshit.  I guarantee you in the strongest ways possible, that if you had fallen victim to his shit HALF as much as myself and a few others, you'd feel a little less ready to just feel like he was "just misunderstood", and all the "everyone" needed to just let it go, as if it were that simple.  It wasn't.  It never mattered.  Once you made his crosshairs, you were screwed. 

With all that said, I DO hope he comes back.  Like him or hate him, he was, could still be an asset.  I just hope now, that he's HAD to eat a piece of humble pie, that maybe he comes back with an approach that allows for a second opinion.  One that just might happen to be completely different than his.

Sorry brother, but I told you time and again to let some of that shit go.  IMO you put yourself into those crosshairs and I think rather enjoyed it sometimes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2011, 01:13:51 PM »
Not to call  :bs: on the "some just can't let things go"... arguements, but... 

I KNOW I've had words with WE!!!, Chizad and others on this site at different times, yet there are countless examples of where we've ALL been able to get passed things and remain cool on this site.

Some of us might not be as popular with some folks as others, but we've all been able to get through some pretty dirty bullshit exchanges and still have beers in the end.

...with Kaos?  Not so much.  I hope that changes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2011, 01:14:17 PM »
Sorry brother, but I told you time and again to let some of that shit go.  IMO you put yourself into those crosshairs and I think rather enjoyed it sometimes.

That has ZERO to do with my point.  Again, fall victim to his bullshit like some of us did, then come back and talk about how easy it is to let it go. 

We've ALL delivered shots with slingshots and handguns, but never expected the endless salvos of howitzers and nukes in return.

However, gotcha.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 01:16:00 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2011, 01:14:48 PM »
I took almost a year at AuburnUndercover to get a read on this guy. After a while, there were a series of post he made that kind of turned on the light bulb for me on what he was about. Now, don't get me wrong, there were plenty of times that I didn't agree with his opinion and yes he ate my lunch a few times as well but when you pulled back the layers he has a deep love for Auburn, period. Galen would keep you on your toes and pushed tons of people away from AUC but what the hell, its and internet forum.

I've seen him over on the AuburnEagle, and yes he has toned it down a lot, almost surprisingly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2011, 01:15:52 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2011, 01:18:37 PM »
I am not defending Chop or Chad and certainly not Prowler, and to a certain extent, myself, for rising to his bait and responding, rather than just letting him "win".   But I still think that page after page after page after page after page after page after page after page  of spewing was just too much.

I said I have no problem with him coming back, especially if he is as changed as y'all say.  His legitimate writing is stellar and first rate.  he is an asset to the board.

Maybe we create a separate forum to dump all the threads that get skewed off course with his ranting against whomever - like we did for BHM  - so the threads don't get ruined.  :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2011, 01:19:01 PM »
I took almost a year at AuburnUndercover to get a read on this guy. After a while, there were a series of post he made that kind of turned on the light bulb for me on what he was about. Now, don't get me wrong, there were plenty of times that I didn't agree with his opinion and yes he ate my lunch a few times as well but when you pulled back the layers he has a deep love for Auburn, period. Galen would keep you on your toes and pushed tons of people away from AUC but what the hell, its and internet forum.

I've seen him over on the AuburnEagle, and yes he has toned it down a lot, almost surprisingly.

I would venture to guess that Kaos has driven far more members away from boards than he has ever attracted to them. 

Just sayin
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2011, 01:19:26 PM »
That has ZERO to do with my point.  However, gotcha.

This is what I was replying to....does this not have to do with my point?

I think guys like Saniflush, JR, Godfather and others can easily see it either way because they were NOT the subject of endless bullshit.  I guarantee you in the strongest ways possible, that if you had fallen victim to his shit HALF as much as myself and a few others, you'd feel a little less ready to just feel like he was "just misunderstood", and all the "everyone" needed to just let it go, as if it were that simple.  It wasn't.  It never mattered.  Once you made his crosshairs, you were screwed. 

I didn't agree with him 100% of the time on things he said.  I had always agreed with his premise that Chizik at the time (bama dominance) did not appear to be the right man for the job.  Where we separated was that I was willing to give him a chance and see how things panned out.  Kaos (while not really having a choice) was more vocal and thought he would fail based on his past experiences.

What a lot of you fail to understand and still do, is that Kaos was a persona.  He argued with you, because it got under your skin, and you argued back.  Some of you took it personally.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2011, 01:24:54 PM »
I agree with Wench's post.  I think guys like Saniflush, JR, Godfather and others can easily see it either way because they were NOT the subject of endless bullshit.  I guarantee you in the strongest ways possible, that if you had fallen victim to his shit HALF as much as myself and a few others, you'd feel a little less ready to just feel like he was "just misunderstood", and all the "everyone" needed to just let it go, as if it were that simple.  It wasn't.  It never mattered.  Once you made his crosshairs, you were screwed. 

With all that said, I DO hope he comes back.  Like him or hate him, he was, could still be an asset.  I just hope now, that he's HAD to eat a piece of humble pie, that maybe he comes back with an approach that allows for a second opinion.  One that just might happen to be completely different than his.

Kevin and I went round and round many times on another board. So bad once that we both got reprimanded. Jr, sweets and simp I believe all saw it first hand. But like simp said, I started figuring him out. Learning how he clicked and did as we!! said.....just rolled with the punches with him. The harder you tried to argue with Kevin/Galen/kaos, the deeper you got yourself. I still disagree with him on some things, but we learned to do it in a more civil manner and I gained some respect for him for it.  He manned up and sent me several pm's apologizing, etc. Never thought I'd be friends with him, but I am. Maybe you guys should perhaps attempt to view or handle him with a different perspective. Just a thought.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2011, 01:25:30 PM »
This is what I was replying to....does this not have to do with my point?

I didn't agree with him 100% of the time on things he said.  I had always agreed with his premise that Chizik at the time (bama dominance) did not appear to be the right man for the job.  Where we separated was that I was willing to give him a chance and see how things panned out.  Kaos (while not really having a choice) was more vocal and thought he would fail based on his past experiences.

What a lot of you fail to understand and still do, is that Kaos was a persona.  He argued with you, because it got under your skin, and you argued back.  Some of you took it personally.

Okay.  Fair enough.  I just don't think you can understand what my point is, because of the very point I was trying to make.  Haha.

Simply put, unless you were in my, Chizad's or others that went through it, it wouldn't make sense to you.  Fact is, and I guarantee it's true, we were combined, accused, shot up, spit out and in countless threads we had ZERO to do with.  Yes, he got under our skin, because 90% was either bullshit mischaracterizations, misquotes, complete fabrications or worse.

Again, you did NOT have to go through that.  Ever.  Consider yourself lucky, and just understand that his return is welcomed, but tempered by a very cautious expectation that it could unravel into the same shit it did before whether some of us want it that way or not. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2011, 01:28:12 PM »
Kevin and I went round and round many times on another board. So bad once that we both got reprimanded. Jr, sweets and simp I believe all saw it first hand. But like simp said, I started figuring him out. Learning how he clicked and did as we!! said.....just rolled with the punches with him. The harder you tried to argue with Kevin/Galen/kaos, the deeper you got yourself. I still disagree with him on some things, but we learned to do it in a more civil manner and I gained some respect for him for it.  He manned up and sent me several pm's apologizing, etc. Never thought I'd be friends with him, but I am. Maybe you guys should perhaps attempt to view or handle him with a different perspective. Just a thought.

Was friendly at one point.  Had his number and talked on the phone about things.  Again, you've NOT been through the level we've been through.  I've been around his writings and his personalities since 2003.  I've tried just about every approach, and it always ends in him doing what he's going to do anyway. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2011, 01:29:22 PM »
Personally I always thought y'all all needed to get a hotel room and fuck it out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2011, 01:30:42 PM »
GH, you remember Red Dog Operation I'm sure? What was that posters name, War Aubie (aka Frank Crittenden)? This bammer from the Bleacher Report was all over the place planting these seeds for month. Finally, the dude slipped up and I called him on using "you guys" when referring to Auburn. Then, Kevin came in and totally ripped this fucker a new one. This is when the stupid Red Dog shit came to an end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2011, 01:34:50 PM »
Okay.  Fair enough.  I just don't think you can understand what my point is, because of the very point I was trying to make.  Haha.

Simply put, unless you were in my, Chizad's or others that went through it, it wouldn't make sense to you.  Fact is, and I guarantee it's true, we were combined, accused, shot up, spit out and in countless threads we had ZERO to do with.  Yes, he got under our skin, because 90% was either bullshit mischaracterizations, misquotes, complete fabrications or worse.

Again, you did NOT have to go through that.  Ever.  Consider yourself lucky, and just understand that his return is welcomed, but tempered by a very cautious expectation that it could unravel into the same shit it did before whether some of us want it that way or not.

I completely understand your point, but was there or was there not a point in which things turned? 
Sometimes it is harder to be the bigger man and walk away then it is to continuously argue.  Also don't forget if your opinion was agreed with you were backed up. I'm not singling you out but it takes two to have an argument.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2011, 01:36:02 PM »
Personally I always thought y'all all needed to get a hotel room and fuck it out.

There was a shirt.....fuckin CLC bastards!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2011, 01:38:32 PM »
Was friendly at one point.  Had his number and talked on the phone about things.  Again, you've NOT been through the level we've been through.  I've been around his writings and his personalities since 2003.  I've tried just about every approach, and it always ends in him doing what he's going to do anyway.

Understand chop, but Kevin and I went through some arguments that make some of the bullshit we go back and forth on here about look like 1st grade. Godfather hit the nail on the head. He's a persona. And an extremely complicated human being on top of that.  Like simp said, one day a lightbulb just came on in regards to him and who he was. We've been fine ever since. We've even disagreed on some stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2011, 01:41:02 PM »
That was greasy weasel. I think Kaos was more on the "I think know he will fail, but if I am wrong, that would be great." He said many times that he hoped Chizik proved him wrong and won a bnch of championships...he just didn't think it would happen.

This is what I remember too. 

What GF said, he was trolling a lot of the times to get under our skin and pick a fight, that is what he does. 

Also, the claims about his opinion on Newton are false.  He thought Rollinson was going to be a bust and guess what, the kid flunked out of Sam Houston State this semester.  Now, was that a blind luck guess, or was that his hunch b/c and lets face it, the kid doesn't seem to bright?

While I am pleased with the addition of Newton and the possibilities Dyer may provide, my biggest concern is on the defensive side of the ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2011, 01:41:09 PM »
I completely understand your point, but was there or was there not a point in which things turned? 
Sometimes it is harder to be the bigger man and walk away then it is to continuously argue.  Also don't forget if your opinion was agreed with you were backed up. I'm not singling you out but it takes two to have an argument.

I'm not taking it that way.  Yes.  There were many "turning" points.  However, it was usually only contingent on the moment I got either positive, or had a wait and see type approach.  He wasn't a fan and had a special way of expressing that.  I think a LOT of it was because his opinion on everything going on at AU was so bleak, that ANY shred of positive from what was going on triggered him, regardless of who was posting it.  There was pretty much nothing I could say, or do that wasn't going to get mashed in with everything Chizad or Prowler was saying, regardless of accuracy.

It was pretty much impossible NOT to trigger a reaction from him.  I've walked away WAY too many times.  I had no problem with it each time I did, because frankly I didn't like acting like an assclown, and I can admit that I did.  A lot.  However, I DID admit it.  Many times, with no such respect in return.   After a while, I just didn't care to back off, down, away or anything else when I was constantly attacked.

Again, I guess you just had to be in those shoes.  *shrug*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2011, 01:42:30 PM »
Understand chop, but Kevin and I went through some arguments that make some of the bullshit we go back and forth on here about look like 1st grade. Godfather hit the nail on the head. He's a persona. And an extremely complicated human being on top of that.  Like simp said, one day a lightbulb just came on in regards to him and who he was. We've been fine ever since. We've even disagreed on some stuff.

All I can say is, consider yourself lucky.  I've ran out of ways to handle him.  Believe me.  I'm glad you all are good.  It's good for you and your family.   :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2011, 01:43:15 PM »
Fuck Kaos in da' mouth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.