Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New story

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: New story
« Reply #240 on: January 21, 2011, 05:01:34 PM »
I know this admission may make it seem I live under a rock but I really have no clue about this story of Mr. Penny. Well, at least that I remember anyway.

He is at every home game, sitting on row 1 straight back in the South end zone.  He uses the bricks to do his push-ups after the scores, while wearing his AU baseball helmet.  How he got out to AZ is a really cool story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #241 on: January 21, 2011, 05:07:04 PM »
He is at every home game, sitting on row 1 straight back in the South end zone.  He uses the bricks to do his push-ups after the scores, while wearing his AU baseball helmet.  How he got out to AZ is a really cool story.

Yeah, I read TW's link. That is a pretty cool story....
....and at 57 yrs old doing this:
He does 50 for every first down, 50 for every touchdown, 50 for everything. He does 1,000 push ups each morning.”

DAMN!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #242 on: January 21, 2011, 05:35:30 PM »
The University did not do it.  The parents at the elementary school where he works did.  He is a crossing guard and the custodian at Dean's Road.

http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2010/12/students-present-mr-penny-with-free-trip-to-glendale-at-assembly/

My bad, i thought I heard terry Henley say the University did it.  And was I the only one there that thought Henley sounded drunk as Cooter Brown?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #243 on: January 21, 2011, 05:36:14 PM »
My bad, i thought I heard terry Henley say the University did it.  And was I the only one there that thought Henley sounded drunk as Cooter Brown?
Kudus to you for noticing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #244 on: January 21, 2011, 09:41:21 PM »
I think Terry did say the University did it.  That's what I could understand as he screamed into the mic every couple seconds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #245 on: January 21, 2011, 10:19:12 PM »
He was shitfaced.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #246 on: January 21, 2011, 10:34:11 PM »
He was shitfaced.
HEY!!!!! I JUSSS...I juss wanna say I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I can't wait....for TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!! YEAHHHH!!!!!!  I wanna WELCOME to the....wait what???....Oh....we have a video CLIP!!!!! So, everyONE....enjoy IT!!!!!  So, role the clip.  OKAY!!!! Here IT IS!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #247 on: January 21, 2011, 10:58:38 PM »
He was shitfaced.
You've never been?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #248 on: January 21, 2011, 11:06:46 PM »
You've never been?
Nope, I get crunk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #249 on: January 21, 2011, 11:09:12 PM »
Nope, I get crunk.

Here ya go JR....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #250 on: January 25, 2011, 06:07:09 PM »
I just had this story emailed to me in a long email chain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #251 on: January 25, 2011, 06:24:07 PM »
I just had this story emailed to me in a long email chain.

That's so strange.  Of all the things I've written, this one didn't really resonate with me.  It was just a collection of thoughts.  I'm getting emails and phone calls from all kinds of people about it. 

I just don't understand why. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #252 on: January 25, 2011, 06:28:52 PM »
That's so strange.  Of all the things I've written, this one didn't really resonate with me.  It was just a collection of thoughts.  I'm getting emails and phone calls from all kinds of people about it. 

I thought it was pretty good. But more importantly, it is how Auburn fans feel after the big win. Auburn fans haven't been able to feel that way in a while...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #253 on: January 25, 2011, 06:33:38 PM »

I recently had it emailed to me too, with nice comments
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #254 on: January 25, 2011, 06:42:19 PM »

It's called National Championship.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #255 on: January 25, 2011, 07:07:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

boartitz

« Reply #256 on: January 28, 2011, 08:20:12 PM »
Don't call it a comeback.  I been here for years. 

Fuck you if you didn't miss me.  Fuck you if you can't take the heat.   

Contrary to published reports, I haven't changed.  Not gonna.  Not now, not ever. 

I'm not reading this whole thread.  I stopped after about six or seven pages.  But I'll tell you, Chop, old pal that the nine or ten "yeah, but" posts you added to this thread CLEARLY illustrate part of the problem. You never saw it then and you don't see it now.  That's cool.  I could give a shit. 

Prowler, congrats on seeing what I didn't see. Newton was the best we've had in forever.  I hate that it took you crowning two dozen others before you finally got to the one, but you finally got to that one.  Dude was the real deal.

Fuck all you historical revisionists, too.  Remember things however it's most convenient for you.  Only now? If I'm around?  You gotta answer for that shit. 

Chizik?  He may not be the best coach, hell he might not even be in the top 25, but he's put together a staff that works.  That's not something you can predict until you see it happen because you never know how people will gel.  The one thing he's done, the one thing that has elevated him in my eyes is that he didn't forget me.  He understood how much I wanted January 10, how much I needed it, how much that meant to me.  And by me, I mean every single person who suffered and hurt and took abuse just because we were Auburn fans.  Not the newbie flag wavers who crawled out of the woodwork, but the ones of us who still have pictures of Pat Dye on our walls, autographs of Pat Sullivan in our scrapbooks and who wore the orange and blue every sincle Monday after the Iron Bowl from 1973 - 1982. He understood that and let us in. 

He did a fantastic job of keeping everything focused and centered. Never too high, never too low.  Never give up.  Can't ask for much more than that.  I hope he can sustain it. 

As far as crow?  Fuck no.  Not on the menu. 

Nobody happier than me to be in Arizona this year.  I like the desert.  I was so pissed off at Chizik that I flew all the way out there, taunted some Ducks and confessed in front of a ton of people that I love Kodi Burns.
Why don't you machine gun post for a week or so and release some pent up tension?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions