Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New story

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: New story
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 09:14:45 AM »
Just to be clear...

I have no crow to eat.  I wasn't happy about the hiring, but also made no predictions of doom and gloom.

No one.....Fucking predicted this would happen. Not when Chiz was hired.  Not this past summer. Not even after game 1. If anyone claims they did they are full of shit. Prowler, I think we all have crow to eat since we all hated the hire at the time.  Yes, even you. You can't make 100 off the wall proclaimations, then beat your chest when 1 of them actually happens. That's called blind luck. Try to win with some class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 09:30:04 AM »
No one.....Fucking predicted this would happen. Not when Chiz was hired.  Not this past summer. Not even after game 1. If anyone claims they did they are full of shit. Prowler, I think we all have crow to eat since we all hated the hire at the time.  Yes, even you. You can't make 100 off the wall proclaimations, then beat your chest when 1 of them actually happens. That's called blind luck. Try to win with some class.
This. Anybody that predicted that this would happen did it on blind luck. You can't tell me that after the MSU game, everybody 100% knew AU was going to win a NC. It almost never happens with a team replacing a starting QB. Alabama and Auburn have been the exception, rather than the rule, for the past 2 years. It just doesn't normally happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 09:53:55 AM »

Prowler has skreets
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 10:00:01 AM »
Kaos has wandered in the desert long enough.  Somebody show him the manna.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 10:36:05 AM »
This. Anybody that predicted that this would happen did it on blind luck. You can't tell me that after the MSU game, everybody 100% knew AU was going to win a NC. It almost never happens with a team replacing a starting QB. Alabama and Auburn have been the exception, rather than the rule, for the past 2 years. It just doesn't normally happen.
I'll say this. I, and a few others, weren't crazy about the hire. Then he started assembling the staff, and I quickly shut up. I could see that he was doing something special. Does that mean that I foresaw explicitly, with 100% certainty, a National Title? That's ridiculous to even say. I don't care if we were fielding the Patriots roster against collegiate athletes. Any fan of any team that ever does that ever would be ignorant to claim they know for a fact that the National Championship is theirs before the season begins. Bammers and Buckeyes are about the only two fan bases in CFB that I know of that can be that brazenly ignorant.

But I knew something special was happening. I knew Chizik would be leading us to at least the level of success that Tuberville had in his prime, and I knew that the reboot of the program was exactly what Auburn needed after Tuberville and staff's decline (which rapidly accelerated in 2008), which was mostly caused by complacency.

By the way, I would have reacted the same exact way if I were a Michigan fan right now. Brady Who-ke? I think Gorgeous Borgess will be a good hire for them, and I think Greg Mattison is a home run. It would have caught my attention about as much as Roof-Malzahn did. If he can put assistants in to match the ones Chizik installed, it will be the same deal. The initial shock of not landing a huge name HC wears off quick when you start to see them in action.

Contrast that with Kaos. Literally the breakdown of his thousands of posts went like this:

75% - Bashing Chizik. Declaring that he knew with 100% certainty (that ridiculous term that no one should ever use in college football), that Chizik and his staff would be the biggest collective flop in college football history. They would set the Auburn program back centuries. Our players wouldn't be able to tie their shoes correctly in order to make it on the field without falling on their face, much less win a single game until the day he was fired. When, of course, it would be too late. That the Tiger Prowl, billboards, Big Cat Weekend, was a pathetically hokey act of desperation that would only achieve Auburn being the butt of many jokes. That last year's recruiting class was a complete fluke. All of those players were way over-hyped. Newton would be a huge bust. Bigger than JaMarcus Russell was for the NFL. Even if Chizik won a National Championship in  his first five years (try two), or even won every National Championship from the day he was hired until he retired 30 years later, his hiring would be the worst hire in college football history. It couldn't be that his opinion on the hire was incorrect. It was that the hire was terrible, but somehow luck fell into place so that each of those 30 National Championships fell into his undeserving lap. All hat. No cattle. Lining up helmets. Wolfboy.

24% - Bashing anyone that dared disagree with his opinions mentioned above. Anyone that thought Chizik stood the most remote possibility of success was an ignorant drooling rube that had no business posting on a message board. It was amazing to him that these people had the cognitive capacity to operate a keyboard. His opinions were not simply opinions. They were the Gospel. And so it was written, and so it shall be done. If you dared to disagree with him, you were functionally retarded. He would anxiously await any post by any of his targets to smear shit all over the thread. Chowler. Sancho. Unicorns. Sunshine.

1% - Posts about naked Jewish girls.

He's a different breed. To address JR's suggestion that he doesn't see a need for him to eat some crow, it would be completely different had he been a little more three dimensional. If he had mentioned some of the strengths he saw at A-Day. If he had said, "I like this about what Chizik has done, but I'm not a fan of this." If he had said, "I could be wrong, but I think..." even just once. If he had not dedicated his entire Internet life crusading against all things Chizik, and anyone who did not necessarily agree that we had beyond a doubt just entered into the Dark Ages that make the Barfield Years look like Miami's run in the 80's.

I don't miss him.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 10:42:16 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 10:48:29 AM »
I disagree Chad. Kaos was a decisive dude. He had made up an opinion about Chizik and nothing anyone said was going to change it. When people started defending and even praising Chizik before Chizik coached his first game, that's when Kaos took offense. Even when people started praising Chizik last season, Kaos took offense. If you think back to it, Auburn had some H O R R I B L E losses last year. Kentucky, UGA, and LSU come to mind. Kentucky and UGA should have been wins and LSU was a complete failure.

Also, we had all heard the same think about Franklin that we heard about Malzahn. People on this board said the exact same damn thing about Malzahn, that they did about Franklin, who was a complete bust at Auburn (I know, I know it wasn't all Franklin's fault). Kaos called everyone out on it.

I say this though. He 100% loves Auburn. He just goes about it differently. He is no greasy weasel. I honestly think that Kaos wanted to be wrong...he just has a huge ego and didn't think he was wrong. I bet he is 100% happy right now with the Auburn program and the future it holds. That doesn't mean he won't question it though. And to be honest...is that so wrong?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 10:51:00 AM »
I disagree Chad. Kaos was a decisive dude. He had made up an opinion about Chizik and nothing anyone said was going to change it. When people started defending and even praising Chizik before Chizik coached his first game, that's when Kaos took offense. Even when people started praising Chizik last season, Kaos took offense. If you think back to it, Auburn had some H O R R I B L E losses last year. Kentucky, UGA, and LSU come to mind. Kentucky and UGA should have been wins and LSU was a complete failure.

Also, we had all heard the same think about Franklin that we heard about Malzahn. People on this board said the exact same damn thing about Malzahn, that they did about Franklin, who was a complete bust at Auburn (I know, I know it wasn't all Franklin's fault). Kaos called everyone out on it.

I say this though. He 100% loves Auburn. He just goes about it differently. He is no greasy weasel. I honestly think that Kaos wanted to be wrong...he just has a huge ego and didn't think he was wrong. I bet he is 100% happy right now with the Auburn program and the future it holds. That doesn't mean he won't question it though. And to be honest...is that so wrong?

Thanks for saving me the typing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 11:03:41 AM »

Excellent post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 11:35:42 AM »
75% - Bashing Chizik. Declaring that he knew with 100% certainty (that ridiculous term that no one should ever use in college football), that Chizik and his staff would be the biggest collective flop in college football history. They would set the Auburn program back centuries.

I remember a post from him stating that he hoped Chizik would fail as that would lead to the firing of Jacobs.  Now I'm not going to say I thought Chizik would be a world beater, I scratched my head along with everyone else.  But hoping he would fail?  That was just stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Token

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 11:50:39 AM »
IMO, unless Kaos has a built in ignore feature on his account that he cannot access, he'll never make it if he returns. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 12:02:10 PM »
I think the thing that pissed Chad off the most - because I know it certainly did me - is the way Kaos dismissed and condescended to and scornfully derrided anyone who dared disagree with him.  Fine - have a different opinion, I don't care.  I am not going to write seven paragraphs devoted to making you feel like the stupidest motherfucker on the planet if your way of thinking is 180 degrees from my own. 

I do not discredit K's passion for Auburn, nor do I question his loyalty, although he came close to crossing the line with the "Chiz fails = Jacobs firing = YAY!" stuff (yeah, i remember that too.  i even now question the basis for his undying hatred of Jay Jacobs - seems as tho the man has done a pretty good job so far.)  I simply despise the means by which Kevin lambasted anyone and everyone with a different opinion, as if his was the ONLY FUCKING ONE that mattered or made sense or was worth reading.  And not just a different opinion on football, but everything else too.  He used the 2x4 method of argument - agree with me or I will bludgeon you with a 2x4 until you either die or give up.  And if the merits of his position on the topic at hand  didn't work, then he would not hesitate to resort to namecalling and personal attacks as the nuclear option to distract from the fact that he had run out of original ideas.  Maybe it was a game to him, but it sucked for the rest of us to have to wade through page after page of useless bullshit aimed at Chopper and Chad when we were just trying to follow the subject of the thread.

I have no problem with him coming back, but pages after pages after pages of bullshit in one thread?  The agree wtih me or die, you ignorant douchbag shit?

Dont' miss it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 12:05:39 PM »
IMO, unless Kaos has a built in ignore feature on his account that he cannot access, he'll never make it if he returns.

ROFLCOPTER
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 12:26:25 PM »
I think the thing that pissed Chad off the most - because I know it certainly did me - is the way Kaos dismissed and condescended to and scornfully derrided anyone who dared disagree with him.  Fine - have a different opinion, I don't care.  I am not going to write seven paragraphs devoted to making you feel like the stupidest motherfucker on the planet if your way of thinking is 180 degrees from my own. 

I do not discredit K's passion for Auburn, nor do I question his loyalty, although he came close to crossing the line with the "Chiz fails = Jacobs firing = YAY!" stuff (yeah, i remember that too.  i even now question the basis for his undying hatred of Jay Jacobs - seems as tho the man has done a pretty good job so far.)  I simply despise the means by which Kevin lambasted anyone and everyone with a different opinion, as if his was the ONLY FUCKING ONE that mattered or made sense or was worth reading.  And not just a different opinion on football, but everything else too.  He used the 2x4 method of argument - agree with me or I will bludgeon you with a 2x4 until you either die or give up.  And if the merits of his position on the topic at hand  didn't work, then he would not hesitate to resort to namecalling and personal attacks as the nuclear option to distract from the fact that he had run out of original ideas.  Maybe it was a game to him, but it sucked for the rest of us to have to wade through page after page of useless bullshit aimed at Chopper and Chad when we were just trying to follow the subject of the thread.

I have no problem with him coming back, but pages after pages after pages of bullshit in one thread?  The agree wtih me or die, you ignorant douchbag shit?

Dont' miss it.
Fuck-ing THIS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2011, 12:41:40 PM »
I remember a post from him stating that he hoped Chizik would fail as that would lead to the firing of Jacobs.  Now I'm not going to say I thought Chizik would be a world beater, I scratched my head along with everyone else.  But hoping he would fail?  That was just stupid.

That was greasy weasel. I think Kaos was more on the "I think know he will fail, but if I am wrong, that would be great." He said many times that he hoped Chizik proved him wrong and won a bnch of championships...he just didn't think it would happen.

Also, I am not blindly defending him. I had my disagreements with him too. The thing is, we could agree to disagree. Him and prowler and chad and chopper couldn't...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2011, 12:48:09 PM »
That was greasy weasel. I think Kaos was more on the "I think know he will fail, but if I am wrong, that would be great." He said many times that he hoped Chizik proved him wrong and won a bnch of championships...he just didn't think it would happen.

Also, I am not blindly defending him. I had my disagreements with him too. The thing is, we could agree to disagree. Him and prowler and chad and chopper couldn't...
And fucking that!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2011, 12:53:49 PM »

Dont' miss it.

Everyone did that shit. Neither side could let shit go. When he said something I disagreed with, I would make 1, maybe 2 posts "discussing it, and then I dropped it. There was no point to it.
1. He would eat me up and spit me out with his writing skills.
2. He likes to write a hell of a lot more than me.
3. I knew I wasn't going to change his opinion, so I didn't try to. I made my case and didn't give a shit if he got the last word.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2011, 01:06:11 PM »
WE!!!

You get a +7 for the last two threads....DEAD ON!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2011, 01:07:47 PM »
I agree with Wench's post.  I think guys like Saniflush, JR, Godfather and others can easily see it either way because they were NOT the subject of endless bullshit.  I guarantee you in the strongest ways possible, that if you had fallen victim to his shit HALF as much as myself and a few others, you'd feel a little less ready to just feel like he was "just misunderstood", and all the "everyone" needed to just let it go, as if it were that simple.  It wasn't.  It never mattered.  Once you made his crosshairs, you were screwed. 

With all that said, I DO hope he comes back.  Like him or hate him, he was, could still be an asset.  I just hope now, that he's HAD to eat a piece of humble pie, that maybe he comes back with an approach that allows for a second opinion.  One that just might happen to be completely different than his.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2011, 01:08:39 PM »
Everyone did that shit. Neither side could let shit go. When he said something I disagreed with, I would make 1, maybe 2 posts "discussing it, and then I dropped it. There was no point to it.
1. He would eat me up and spit me out with his writing skills.
2. He likes to write a hell of a lot more than me.
3. I knew I wasn't going to change his opinion, so I didn't try to. I made my case and didn't give a shit if he got the last word.

Like sani said, thanks for saving me from having to type it. And yes gw was beating the 'i hope he fails' drum. Kevin has told me numerous times that he hoped he was wrong and even now that he's glad he was. End of story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2011, 01:09:50 PM »
Ignoring his personal bickering on this and any other board he joins...the man can use his hands and mouth better than a $200 whore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.