Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Brandon Jacobs interview

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Brandon Jacobs interview
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 12:50:37 PM »
I think it was Ronnie that was injured. And instead of rotating BJ more, they just stuck with Carnell. Which was not a bad thing. It is just widely believed that a fresher Carnell was better than a tired Carnell. As evidenced in 2004 when the carries were more even between RB and CW.

RUSHING               Att   Yds    Avg   TD
Carnell Williams       241   1,307 5.4   17
Ronnie Brown       95   446    4.7   5
Brandon Jacobs       72   446    6.2   3
Tre Smith               37   141    3.8   

Apparently it was RB that was hurt some that season.
Notice the 6.2 yd avg. That would have been nice in those 4th quarters.

Nobody's asking you to remove Tubs form your shrine, just to entertain the fact that we had a superbowl winning RB that was not given as many carries as he could have had to help a team that needed a little extra help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 01:15:25 PM »
I think it was Ronnie that was injured. And instead of rotating BJ more, they just stuck with Carnell. Which was not a bad thing. It is just widely believed that a fresher Carnell was better than a tired Carnell. As evidenced in 2004 when the carries were more even between RB and CW.

RUSHING               Att   Yds    Avg   TD
Carnell Williams       241   1,307 5.4   17
Ronnie Brown       95   446    4.7   5
Brandon Jacobs       72   446    6.2   3
Tre Smith               37   141    3.8   

Apparently it was RB that was hurt some that season.
Notice the 6.2 yd avg. That would have been nice in those 4th quarters.

Nobody's asking you to remove Tubs form your shrine, just to entertain the fact that we had a superbowl winning RB that was not given as many carries as he could have had to help a team that needed a little extra help.

Jacobs 6.2 avg was, in fact, in mop up duty vs tired Ds.  It's inflated.  Don't know if he was injured or not, but Ronnie Carried the ball in every game in 2003.  Carnell was simply the #1 guy.

If you believe that the problem in 2003 was Jacobs not getting carries...have a ball.  I don't give a shit if he's "won a Super Bowl". 

I don't have a shrine, just tired of folks either revising history, or doing what all haters of certain coaches do, and giving Tubs all the blame for the way it ended, and none of the credit for the good he did, or doing like you're doing and completely ignoring who was on that team, and claiming Jacobs should have played more and finding fault in that.  I think intelligent football/Auburn fans can give Tubs the blame for the way it ended...I do...but to do so we don't have to run through his entire career at Auburn and highlight ANYTHING we can to try to make the whole 10 seasons suck.  Also don't for a spilt second think that playing Brandon Jacobs more would have made one whit of difference in the 2003 season.  But if you can speculate that it would have, I can speculate just as easily that it might have destroyed what team chemistry there was, and could have caused Ronnie, or Carnell to be lesser players due to bad attitudes.  May have caused one or both to forgo their Sr. season in 2004. 

Whatever, it happened, it is what it is, and reliving it over and over with pure speculation is stupid. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 01:33:21 PM »
Kinda like not playing Kenny Irons that first game against GT?

The one thing I see now is that Tubs group did not really do as good a job of using the talent they had as well as the current staff. The fact that they finally got RB and CW in the backfield together and did it well was a huge step for them. And who knows, that may have been the foundation for what this current staff is able to do today with the sharing the load in the backfield.

But as for BJ, they could have used him a little more to put pressure on a tired defense. He wasn't used. AU went 8-5 in 2003 and it seems some of the talent there was not used as well as it could have been. Speculating about whether or not RB and CW would have stayed for 2004 is not at all in the discussion. This thread was about 2003 and BJ. You made it about a love for Tubs and 2004. I was only discussing 2003 and the way I felt we could have used BJ a little more. And why would CW be the feature back in 2003 when RB got more carries in 2002? Injury to RB. At the time RB got injured, they did not play BJ more. I think this really chapped his hide. It would have mine. So yes, I do think that Tubs and company did not use him smartly in 2003. If that is considered "bashing" Tubs, then so be it. you could start a new thread about a player that was used well by Tubs & Co. and I could comment on that, but this thread is about Brandon Jacobs and his former affiliation with AU football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 01:55:30 PM »
Not sure what the rationale behind the use or non-usage of BJ was in 03'.  Suffice it to say they had bigger problems with the failed Nallsminger experiment.  I really think that offense had very little direction or ability to adjust or attack defenses anyway.  Just going by what I related once before about the Ole Miss game that year when it was pointed out to me that the Ole Miss D was playing a certan way because every single passing play had every single receiver running routes along the sidelines....every time for several series.  I don't think they had a clue how to use personnel or attack a defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 02:10:56 PM »
Not sure what the rationale behind the use or non-usage of BJ was in 03'.  Suffice it to say they had bigger problems with the failed Nallsminger experiment.  I really think that offense had very little direction or ability to adjust or attack defenses anyway.  Just going by what I related once before about the Ole Miss game that year when it was pointed out to me that the Ole Miss D was playing a certan way because every single passing play had every single receiver running routes along the sidelines....every time for several series.  I don't think they had a clue how to use personnel or attack a defense.

Amen. I always wonder if Borges or Petrino would have used the talent so differently that 2003 just might have lived up to its billing. Nallsminger is one ugly memory. Go Dax.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 02:19:18 PM »
Amen. I always wonder if Borges or Petrino would have used the talent so differently that 2003 just might have lived up to its billing. Nallsminger is one ugly memory. Go Dax.....

Do Dax
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 02:20:31 PM »
Do Dax

Sorry. You brought up an ugly memory that reminded me of another........
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 02:34:05 PM »
Kinda like not playing Kenny Irons that first game against GT?

The one thing I see now is that Tubs group did not really do as good a job of using the talent they had as well as the current staff. The fact that they finally got RB and CW in the backfield together and did it well was a huge step for them. And who knows, that may have been the foundation for what this current staff is able to do today with the sharing the load in the backfield.

But as for BJ, they could have used him a little more to put pressure on a tired defense. He wasn't used. AU went 8-5 in 2003 and it seems some of the talent there was not used as well as it could have been. Speculating about whether or not RB and CW would have stayed for 2004 is not at all in the discussion. This thread was about 2003 and BJ. You made it about a love for Tubs and 2004. I was only discussing 2003 and the way I felt we could have used BJ a little more. And why would CW be the feature back in 2003 when RB got more carries in 2002? Injury to RB. At the time RB got injured, they did not play BJ more. I think this really chapped his hide. It would have mine. So yes, I do think that Tubs and company did not use him smartly in 2003. If that is considered "bashing" Tubs, then so be it. you could start a new thread about a player that was used well by Tubs & Co. and I could comment on that, but this thread is about Brandon Jacobs and his former affiliation with AU football.

Actually its you, and others like you that make me wonder why anyone pays professional coaches when you, from the stands, having no clue whats going on in the lockerroom or on the practice field could have done a better job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 03:01:20 PM »
Actually its you, and others like you that make me wonder why anyone pays professional coaches when you, from the stands, having no clue whats going on in the lockerroom or on the practice field could have done a better job.

It's people LIKE me who ARE on the practice fields and in the locker rooms of our youth football teams. We are the ones analyzing what was done in the past so that it might help us with our kids in the future. Our undying devotion to protect a college coach never enters into it. We are always left wondering what could have been done differently in order to execute a more palatable outcome. So when I see situation in hindsight that could have been much different had a different approach been used, it makes me think what I should be looking for in the future. Yes it is a stretch to think that I might have RB, CW, and BJ all on my 8th grade team, but you never know what type of talent issues will arise. But if I have that problem, I'll be sure to inquire from you what the great Tubs might have done.

And it is always guys like you who THINK you have done it smarter and know more. All hail Tubs. The greatest AU coach ever. All hail JR4AU for hailing Tubs as the greatest AU coach ever. Please do not question the great Tubs past coaching decisions. The fleas of a thousand camels will infest your nether regions.

I apologize for interjecting my BJ opinions in a BJ thread. I should know better. That damn BJ was a worthless POS that we should have never recruited. I mean we were already rolling ten deep at the RB position. The great Tubs was just trying to be nice and look what it got him.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:02:52 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 03:04:11 PM »
Wait.  We getting BJ's here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 03:21:16 PM »

I snorted coffee
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 03:23:44 PM »
I snorted coffee

Don't try to blame the coffee for your shooting spree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2011, 03:30:43 PM »
Wait...Wheres AWK...he's so sneaky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2011, 03:44:32 PM »
Don't try to blame the coffee for your shooting spree.

What brand does Sarah Palin drink?

Wasn't Brandon Jacobs considered to be retarded at one time?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 03:47:42 PM »
What brand does Sarah Palin drink?

Wasn't Brandon Jacobs considered to be retarded at one time?

I'm Brandon Jacobs. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 03:58:43 PM »
I'm Brandon Jacobs. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

That's the smell of desire my lady.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2011, 05:21:09 PM »
He didn't get to play because he was with two guys that were so awesome that ti was hard to justify playing a totally different type back. But even with that said, there were times that a smart coaching staff would have put this guy in the game for the 4th quarter and just pounded. As much as Tubs would sit on a lead, BJ would have been the perfect 4th quarter option. A tired defense trying to stop a fresh lineman running the ball? Could have been pretty awesome.

And the backup TE at Vandy probably would attest to how hard BJ could hit.

You were spot on with the first sentence, but the temptation to take a shot at Tubs and Co. was just too much to resist.

It's people LIKE me who ARE on the practice fields and in the locker rooms of our youth football teams. We are the ones analyzing what was done in the past so that it might help us with our kids in the future. Our undying devotion to protect a college coach never enters into it. We are always left wondering what could have been done differently in order to execute a more palatable outcome. So when I see situation in hindsight that could have been much different had a different approach been used, it makes me think what I should be looking for in the future. Yes it is a stretch to think that I might have RB, CW, and BJ all on my 8th grade team, but you never know what type of talent issues will arise. But if I have that problem, I'll be sure to inquire from you what the great Tubs might have done.

I guess it's only fair for you to resort to accusing me of building shrines to Tubs, or saying that I think he's the greatest coach ever, though I've never hinted at either.   I did call you a Tubs hater.  So there's that. 

I am on the field coaching youth football too.  Has little if anything to do directly with college ball.  Never have considered that I could learn any lessons from speculating what might have been now that I've had time to decide that since they had a disappointing season that they must have misused talent despite the fact that they were using some of the best talent available...hell I always thought the main problem was lack of identity on offense. 

That said, then you will understand when I relate these stories:  Had two kids on this past season's 11/12 year old team.  One was a great athlete.  Threw the ball better than anyone on the team, was big enough at 5-9, 125ish, and had blinding speed.  He could kick the ball too, both on kick offs and punts.  The other, was a big kid 5-9, 200+ (you'd call him fat I'm sure) but he could move well, and block anyone you told him to block, and could snap the ball too.  He was the strongest kid on the team, understood leverage, and how to use his strength.  If you saw the athlete run in a game, you'd say "he needs to have the ball in his hands every play."  What you wouldn't know if you weren't at practice is that he wouldn't show up for practice but about half the time and didn't know the plays, and that he'd never played football before and just generally didn't have any football IQ.  If you saw the big kid devastate a DL you'd wonder why his playing time was cut by year's end...but you wouldn't know it was because he didn't listen when he did show up for practice, and didn't know the blocking rules.  That he'd kill whoever he decided to block, but about half the time he blocked the wrong man and his assigned man would blow the play up.  Combine that with a horrible attitude, and a complete unwillingness to listen, learn or give any effort until HE decided to...and he was a liability.  A talented one, but a liability.  This kids Dad played major college football too.   He comes from good football genes, but he'll never play unless he gets his head on straight.  He's a team killer.  He affected the chemistry of the OL with his bullshit, but that's not something you can see from the stands. 

And it is always guys like you who THINK you have done it smarter and know more. All hail Tubs. The greatest AU coach ever. All hail JR4AU for hailing Tubs as the greatest AU coach ever. Please do not question the great Tubs past coaching decisions. The fleas of a thousand camels will infest your nether regions.

I apologize for interjecting my BJ opinions in a BJ thread. I should know better. That damn BJ was a worthless POS that we should have never recruited. I mean we were already rolling ten deep at the RB position. The great Tubs was just trying to be nice and look what it got him.

I never said I could do it better, I questioned you claiming it could have been done better.  Subtle difference.    Like I said, you had it figured out, but the temptation to take a shot with your "a smarter staff would have" bullshit...and you're accusation of me of saying I think I could do it better.  A-fucking-mazing.    Then, you just get childish with: "All hail JR4AU for hailing Tubs as the greatest AU coach ever" which I didn't ever say, or: "That damn BJ was a worthless POS that we should have never recruited" which I never hinted at. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2011, 10:24:31 PM »
ALL HAIL Coach Chizik!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2011, 09:09:56 AM »
Blah. blah. Blah. Blah. BLah.

I entered this thread discussing Brandon Jacobs and how I liked his play while at AU and thought he should have gotten more playing time with RB out some games due to injury.

You came on here defending Tubs but offering nothing about BJ of relevance. If you don't want to be labeled as a choking swallowing DKW, then stick to the subject. Or don't. We'll offer a napkin. Your choice.

YES. ALL HAIL CHIZIK! Giv'em a raise. And an extension.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2011, 10:10:25 AM »
 :taunt:

I didnt hear anything in BJs interview about injuries, or how stupid Tubs and Co were.   That was YOU!  Do it again, Ill respond again.

Have a nice day!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions