Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Brandon Jacobs interview

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Brandon Jacobs interview
« on: January 14, 2011, 04:56:23 PM »
Its still weird to me how this guy had to transfer for playing time. Anyway, apparently he still loves Auburn.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/ncaaf_video/2011/01/10/011011.bcs_jacobs.mov.SportsIllustrated/index.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Brandon Jacobs interview
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 05:15:58 PM »
Its still weird to me how this guy had to transfer for playing time. Anyway, apparently he still loves Auburn.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/ncaaf_video/2011/01/10/011011.bcs_jacobs.mov.SportsIllustrated/index.html
Well, that settles that.

Pretty awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 12:39:12 PM »

He didn't get to play because he was with two guys that were so awesome that ti was hard to justify playing a totally different type back. But even with that said, there were times that a smart coaching staff would have put this guy in the game for the 4th quarter and just pounded. As much as Tubs would sit on a lead, BJ would have been the perfect 4th quarter option. A tired defense trying to stop a fresh lineman running the ball? Could have been pretty awesome.

And the backup TE at Vandy probably would attest to how hard BJ could hit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 01:37:55 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 01:42:54 PM »
And he continues to do such in the NFL

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 01:47:26 PM »
The day we lost Jacobs IMO was the 2003 MSU game when Jacobs was a BEAST between the 10's and every time we got close Tubs pulled him and let Cadillac run it in.  I said then that it was a mistake because Brandon was the workhorse for the day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 02:10:07 PM »
The day we lost Jacobs IMO was the 2003 MSU game when Jacobs was a BEAST between the 10's and every time we got close Tubs pulled him and let Cadillac run it in.  I said then that it was a mistake because Brandon was the workhorse for the day.

Sani...your avatar is gonna' make me get my O face on before the day is done.

I've told this before but what you said about Jacobs reminded me again.  Years ago, I'm watching one of those primo JP SEC broadcasts from Oxford Miss. one fine Fall Saturday morning.  Duece McAllister was playing for the Rebs that day as they faced a stiff challenge from Tulane (smirk)  OM also had a bad ass RB named Joe Gunn and after the Rebels took a kickoff on about their own 15, they served the Green Wave a steady diet of Gunn left, Gunn right, Gunn up the middle.  Dude was a beast, ripping off 5-7-8-10 yards a pop.  All the way down the field to the 1 yard line.  For the FIRST time on the drive...enter Duece McAllister.  Snap...handoff..dive....TOUCHDOWN.

After the extra point is kicked and the cameras pan over to the sideline, they pull in tight on McAllister while the chorus of DUUUUUUUUEEEECCCCE eminates from the crowd.  There's the star running back of the Ole Miss Rebels....gasping for air while holding an oxygen mask to his face...only to briefly take it off long enough for a "Hi mom."

You could see Gunn sitting by himself at the end of the bench.  DUUUUUUUEEEECE
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 03:43:32 PM »
Sani...your avatar is gonna' make me get my O face on before the day is done.

Something about those pageboy hair cuts on a chick that gets me going.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 04:34:55 PM »

Oh yeah...it's definitely the haircut.   :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 06:07:06 PM »
Heh. You're into pageboys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 06:20:17 PM »
He didn't get to play because he was with two guys that were so awesome that ti was hard to justify playing a totally different type back. But even with that said, there were times that a smart coaching staff would have put this guy in the game for the 4th quarter and just pounded. As much as Tubs would sit on a lead, BJ would have been the perfect 4th quarter option. A tired defense trying to stop a fresh lineman running the ball? Could have been pretty awesome.

And the backup TE at Vandy probably would attest to how hard BJ could hit.

You mean the staff that won them all the year following Jacob's departure?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 08:16:41 PM »
and were ranked #1 preseason the year before before starting 0-2 not scoring a TD against USCw and GT. 

All kidding aside, I think there is some merit to CCT's statement. I can just imagine how even MORE dominant that 04 team could have been had Tubs and staff had any inkling of a killer instinct. Quite possibly could have been enough to sway pollsters above Oklahoma.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 12:46:41 AM »
Yeah, that stuff ended up sucking...except for Coach Chizik and Coach Gran
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 02:40:35 AM »
Yeah, that stuff ended up sucking...

FAIL!  No staff that recruits that type of talent on the 2004 team, and coaches it to an undefeated season in the SEC sux, no matter how they ended their run at Auburn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 07:22:55 AM »
FAIL!  No staff that recruits that type of talent on the 2004 team, and coaches it to an undefeated season in the SEC sux, no matter how they ended their run at Auburn.
This guy knows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 09:49:44 AM »
Yeah, that stuff ended up sucking...except for Coach Chizik and Coach Gran

You know Coach Gran is the guy who probably set those RB depth charts, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 11:56:45 AM »
You know Coach Gran is the guy who probably set those RB depth charts, right?

Oh, and the little matter of having two guys that went #2, and #5 overall in the 2005 NFL draft already in the backfield, and that combined for nearly 4000 yards rushing in 2003-2004.

Once saw a guy on the net trying to run down Tubs and staff for missing out on Osi Umenyiora.  Forgetting the fact that his Fr. year at Troy was 1999, AND that EVERY FUCKING BODY missing him.  There was a reason he wasn't on anybody's radar.  Same with Demarcus Ware. 

The Tubs haters WILL find something, anything they can to cling to their notion that Tubs sucked, and completely ignore anything to the contrary.   Tubs and staff had Ronnie and Carnell, but they're "stupid" for not playing Jacobs enough. 

I'm  :rofl:

Any of you "Tubs sucked" folks want to discuss how Dye or Jordan's careers ended at Auburn? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 12:00:07 PM »
and were ranked #1 preseason the year before before starting 0-2 not scoring a TD against USCw and GT. 

All kidding aside, I think there is some merit to CCT's statement. I can just imagine how even MORE dominant that 04 team could have been had Tubs and staff had any inkling of a killer instinct. Quite possibly could have been enough to sway pollsters above Oklahoma.

Don't even try GH. I knew when I posted that someone would miss the point. BJ was not here for the 2004 season, but that didn't seem to matter, even as we were discussing how he was used/not used during the season he was here, 2003.
And I shudder to think if all three backs had rotated in the 4th quarter during 2004. The pounding any defense would have taken would have been unreal. IT was just a shame that we could not accommodate him. But with the exceptional talent we already had in the backfield, someone was bound to get left out. I particularly liked the braniac that suggested he move to TE to help his draft stock.........

BTW. Didn't Ronnie or Carnell spend time injured in 2003. And they still didn't play Jacobs. I can't recall exactly.

Also. I don't hate Tubs, I was just making an observation about BJ, the guy this thread is about.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 12:03:04 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 12:15:56 PM »
Don't even try GH. I knew when I posted that someone would miss the point. BJ was not here for the 2004 season, but that didn't seem to matter, even as we were discussing how he was used/not used during the season he was here, 2003.
And I shudder to think if all three backs had rotated in the 4th quarter during 2004. The pounding any defense would have taken would have been unreal. IT was just a shame that we could not accommodate him. But with the exceptional talent we already had in the backfield, someone was bound to get left out. I particularly liked the braniac that suggested he move to TE to help his draft stock.........

BTW. Didn't Ronnie or Carnell spend time injured in 2003. And they still didn't play Jacobs. I can't recall exactly.

Also. I don't hate Tubs, I was just making an observation about BJ, the guy this thread is about.

Your point was they should have played him more in 2003.  Ronnie Brown was coming off a 2002 season in which he had 1000 yds rushing.  In 2003, Ronnie and Carnell combined for around 250 carries, and and nearly 1800 yards, with Carnell getting about 2/3 of that. 

If you believe that not playing him was "stupid"...or that they could have done something with Jacobs that would have changed that 2003 season, because you think the preseason ranking was how it should have actually turned out...have a ball. 

Honestly, from what I remember, I think Jacobs was brought in with a promise to him to let him "compete" at RB, but with the staff thinking they'd convert him to DE.  I have nothing but my opinion to say I think Jacobs didn't want to do that, and may have flirted with being a locker room cancer over playing time.  Clearly, the 2004 team showed that Jacobs wasn't needed to "complete" the team. 

If anything, Tubs mistake was bringing in a JC transfer to compete with Williams and Brown he had already paid their dues and more than proved they were capable.  Finally, say what you want, but you can't find a season where Jacobs did anything special...he didn't even rush for 1000 yards at So. Ill the year after he left Auburn.  I think he's had one good season in the NFL, and it wasn't really stellar. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 12:41:06 PM »
Obviously he's big for a back at 260lbs or whatever he is now, but wasn't he really tall for a back at like 6'4"?  Makes it hard to get behind the pads, most of the real stud power backs that lasted in the NFL have been around 6' or shorter.  I believe that's why he has slowed down in his stats.

Bettis 5'11"
Campbell 5'11"
Alstott 6'1"

The only exception I found on a quick look on the webs was Csonka who was 6'3".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.