Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

MLB 2008 Season Thread

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: MLB 2008 Season Thread
« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2008, 09:43:09 PM »
The D'Backs acquired Dunn from the Reds today. How is that possible? I thought the trade deadline was July 31st? How does a trade like this go through? Does anyone know?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2008, 09:45:54 PM »
The D'Backs acquired Dunn from the Reds today. How is that possible? I thought the trade deadline was July 31st? How does a trade like this go through? Does anyone know?
I asked the same question...

The BKG's  may be understanding the depth of my scorn - why else would Carlos "Fat Ass" Lee become the hottest hitter on the team only to break his pinkie finger and be OUT FOR THE WHOLE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON?????????

Whatever.  Screw you, BKG.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2008, 09:01:42 AM »
I think the 31st was the Non-waiver deadline.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2008, 10:32:20 AM »
The bright spot for the Braves fans is Hudson pitched ligts out. He almost got out of that first inning but a few softly hit balls allowed a couple of runs. He pitched great though after that.

However, all in all a great game! I love seeing the Braves lose!!!  :clap:

Hope your ready to see them lose 3 in a row, that way you can clap some more.  I'll be there for Wednesday's game.  I will be cheering for Soriano, as he's on my fantasy team.  The Braves are done for the year, so the only thing I'm rooting for there is Chipper's quest for the batting title.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2008, 10:39:05 AM »
I think the 31st was the Non-waiver deadline.

Correct. I read this a little earlier in response to a similar question on the Cubs site:

Teams can still trade for players after the July 31 Deadline, but the player has to clear waivers. A player is placed on the waiver wire, and all the other Major League clubs have the opportunity to claim him. If more than one team claims him, the team with the worst record gets first dibs. For example, if the Washington Nationals and Milwaukee Brewers both claimed a player, the Nationals would get him. And, I don't think Fuentes is on their radar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2008, 01:51:24 PM »
OK...so it appears that my prediction of the Cubs sweeping the Braves is going to come true.  Whoopee.

On a side note, I caught a foul ball at the Braves game last night.  It was the top of the 8th inning and it was hit by Jim Edmonds.  Does anybody know how to look up footage from a baseball game?  I tried YouTube but nothing from the game posted yet.  I want to see how great I looked on TV when I caught the ball.  Your help is appreciated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2008, 11:31:09 PM »
OK...so it appears that my prediction of the Cubs sweeping the Braves is going to come true.  Whoopee.

On a side note, I caught a foul ball at the Braves game last night.  It was the top of the 8th inning and it was hit by Jim Edmonds.  Does anybody know how to look up footage from a baseball game?  I tried YouTube but nothing from the game posted yet.  I want to see how great I looked on TV when I caught the ball.  Your help is appreciated.

Yeah, check out www.everygooberwantstoseethemselvescatchingafoulballontv.com.   :thumbsup:

Just kidding...  :vn:   I bet that is pretty cool... IF you catch it. 

Cardinals are just kind of sputtering along.  Took 3 of 4 from Florida this week.  Got to keep it going, especially since the Brewers at least lost a fucking game today.   I'm still predicting an all to usual Epic Cubbie Colapse.    :s&m:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2008, 11:36:47 PM »
Seven in a row???  I still ain't falling for it, BKG.  Y'all still suck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2008, 08:48:27 AM »
Seven in a row???  I still ain't falling for it, BKG.  Y'all still suck.
And they're doing it all without Carlos Lee and his strained pinky...who knew?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2008, 09:15:07 AM »
I'm still predicting an all to usual Epic Cubbie Colapse. 

Really going out on a limb there huh???

ANd Wench, I guess that reverse psychology thing is working out for you still???

:bar: Can I get you anything BKG's??? Beer, Dry martini, tequila shot...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2008, 04:37:03 PM »
And they're doing it all without Carlos Lee and his strained pinky...who knew?
Strained?  It was broken in SIX places, and required pins and two separate surgeries.

Jack Jass... :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2008, 02:35:58 PM »
Am watching the Big Unit pitch against the Stros.  Man, could you find a nastier looking baseball player?  Long, thin, greasy hair, scarred face, lanky, wormy looking body, tats on the inside of his wrist, scraggly beard... he is the bammer fan of MLB.  He is just gross.  Talented, without a doubt, but he looks like total white trash.  Doesn't really fit the clean cut MLB stereotype...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2008, 11:23:47 AM »
Oh and they retired Biggio's #7 yesterday.  i miss him and Baggy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2008, 11:08:08 PM »
Your supposed to BEAT the Cubs.....fucking Houston.

(***....note: Cardinals can't beat them either....ugh....)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2008, 11:51:37 PM »
Your supposed to BEAT the Cubs.....fucking Houston.

(***....note: Cardinals can't beat them either....ugh....)
Excuse me, but YOU'RE full of shit...

The Disastros are 6 of 12 against the Chubbies, whereas your freaking birds are 4 of 9 against them - less than .500, dude.  And the Astros played them nine days ago - and you are JUST now noticing?  Gooberass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2008, 12:31:47 AM »
Excuse me, but YOU'RE full of shit...

The Disastros are 6 of 12 against the Chubbies, whereas your freaking birds are 4 of 9 against them - less than .500, dude.  And the Astros played them nine days ago - and you are JUST now noticing?  Gooberass.

No no Mrs. Booberass....

I'm speaking as to them beating them when it counts, and also note where I already acknowledged the Cardinals not pulling off this dealio as well.    Take it easy before you start sounding like a bammer telling me how much better your .500 record is....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2008, 01:09:07 AM »
No no Mrs. Booberass....

I'm speaking as to them beating them when it counts, and also note where I already acknowledged the Cardinals not pulling off this dealio as well.   
I am afraid I don't get the whole "Beating them when it counts - it's baseball - they ALL count when you are playing a division rival.  I saw your attempt at placating me by admitting the cards suck too, but I felt obliged to point out that we suck less than you do against the Chubbies.

Take it easy before you start sounding like a bammer telling me how much better your .500 record is....

As for that little comment?????  Suggesting that I might be comparable to a bammer in ANY way, shape, form or fashion?  Well...up yours, jerkwad.   :fu:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2008, 01:22:01 AM »
I am afraid I don't get the whole "Beating them when it counts - it's baseball - they ALL count when you are playing a division rival.  I saw your attempt at placating me by admitting the cards suck too, but I felt obliged to point out that we suck less than you do against the Chubbies.

As for that little comment?????  Suggesting that I might be comparable to a bammer in ANY way, shape, form or fashion?  Well...up yours, jerkwad.   :fu:

You've seen me around long enough to know I'm having fun....

Are we clear? ....or you going to keep this going with some silly, unnecessary rant about how much smarter, wiser and older you are than the rest of us goofy "gooberish" folks....

I'd just like to leave it at... I'm fucking with you, chill the fuck out.....   and the Astros suck.   
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 01:33:37 AM by AuburnChopper1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2008, 01:32:53 AM »
Here ya go...

:vn:

:popcorn:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 01:38:08 AM by AuburnChopper1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2008, 09:13:13 AM »
Damn bunch of haters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions