Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Weekend for Tiger Wench's nephew...

Weekend for Tiger Wench's nephew...
« on: December 09, 2010, 11:02:29 PM »
I'm taking TW's nephew and family to the US Army All American Bowl. Been posting this on the messages boards, read below.

I've posted on here a few times before about attending the US Army All American Bowl with the family of a 5 year old child named Caleb Nyberg. Caleb is 5 years old and has been battling the same form of cancer that Shon Coleman was diagnosed with since he was 3 years old. Caleb and I came into contact through his aunt who is an Auburn alumnus. His family is mainly LSU fans but his aunt has turned him into an Auburn fan. He wears his Auburn shirt to football fridays at his school every week. He also has his own Shon Coleman shirt that his aunt got him.

I was able to attain tickets to the game through the Army for the game, but this effort is something that I have taken into my own hands financially. I want to do everything in my power to make this a weekend to remember for a family that has been through so much so early in their son's life, and for a young man who has overcome so much already.

I am in the process of being able to get a meet and greet established for Caleb and his family with the players. However, this may mean that the family has to drive up to San Antonio a day or two early. I want them to incur as little financial burden from this trip as possible by covering as much of hotel, gas, and possibly food. I also want to put together a little bowl merchandise package for Caleb and his brother Hunter to include helmets, football, jersey w/ their names, etc.for them to get signatures when they meet the players. The more funds that I can raise the more special I can make their "prize" package and weekend. Any funds that might be leftover I will donate to the treatment center in Texas that Caleb is receiving his treatment. If you'd like to help out I have set up a paypal account and will goto my bank tomorrow to set up a bank account for this purpose.

I have linked a link to Caleb's story and I really hope the Auburn Family can rally around this young man as we have around our own Auburn brother, Shon.

paypal donations can be made to - CNYBERGTRIP@HOTMAIL.COM

FACEBOOK DONATIONS - http://bit.ly/hI5j12

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Weekend for Tiger Wench's nephew...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 11:24:25 PM »
Holy crap, J!  I had NO IDEA you were doing this! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 12:13:34 AM »
J, you are a good man.  You make me proud to that you are part of the Auburn family.  This is a nice thing you are doing

But let me also say - the rest of you guys are my friends and most of you are like family (scary uncles and all) and I know that even the hardnoses among you have prayed for Caleb and his family.  That means more to me than you could ever know.

But I also know that you have families of your own, and the holidays are coming up and thanks to The One, our economy sucks.  Please know that there should be absolutely no sense of obligation on your part to donate just because it is my nephew.  Caleb's family is doing okay.  They are young, but Dad is employed by Apple in Austin, TX, with good insurance, and the grandparents on both sides help out if needed.

I want Caleb and Hunter to have a great weekend, and some cash will be part of my Christmas present to their parents ( I HATE PayPal and refuse to use it...) but they are my family.  That's what I am supposed to do.

Donate if you feel led to do so, but please PLEASE don't feel obligated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 07:20:57 AM »
really cool.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 08:31:21 AM »
Who the fuck is TW?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 08:51:56 AM »
Tiger Woods?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 08:59:56 AM »
Josiah, dude, you got a heart the size of a mountain. Really cool stuff that you do. I believe its people like you that will be kings in Heaven. Good stuff bro. Never mind the German fellas, she is just trying to be modest.  :big:

This young man, I believe, will make it through and have an AUsome story to tell for the rest of his long long life. God bless little Caleb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 09:48:31 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 09:53:34 AM »
You ain't exactly what we call college material.

http://www.tigersx.com/forum/profile/tiger_wench_50/

Nice..I say nice boy but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 11:13:26 AM »
I must have left off the emoticon...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »
I must have left off the emoticon...

5 yard penalty for failure to use emoticon.  However, the flag was waived off after Pale Rider reviewed the play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 09:02:03 PM »
Well, the weekend has begun.  Caleb hosted Josiah today at the Children's Blood and Cancer Clinic of Texas, where Caleb is getting treatment.  Josiah raised $5200 in excess of the money needed to cover the trip to the Army All American Game for Caleb and his family, and donated it to the clinic in Caleb's honor.  The lady in the second picture is the clinic director.  Fox News Austin was there to do a story about Josiah, and I will post that link once it airs.

Josiah posted Caleb's story on the Rivals page of nearly every D-1 school, and got donations from Oregon to Miami.  (Auburn, LSU and Texas A&M were tops!)  The other cool thing is that Caleb has received t-shirts from a LOT of the other schools - including Oregon.  To my horror and dismay, Caleb put it on today, but since he only wore it for a moment to make a picture to send to the donor, I think the karma gods will over look it.  He will be wearing LSU tomorrow and Auburn on Monday, so all is well.

Josiah has officially been all but adopted by my family and we are grateful to to him, and to all of you guys, for your love, support and prayers.  Josiah is a credit to his school and his uniform, and I am glad he is one of our own - War Eagle!!

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:05:11 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 09:14:52 PM »
You look good man for having to spend the night at the Montgomery Airport!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 11:31:14 PM »
You look good man for having to spend the night at the Montgomery Airport!

not sure how i survived....no clue how im still awake either. all afternoon with caleb was awesome. picked up our tickets to All American game. Sec 235 Row 2 Seat 1 - 6, almost on the 50.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 11:49:15 PM »
not sure how i survived....no clue how im still awake either. all afternoon with caleb was awesome. picked up our tickets to All American game. Sec 235 Row 2 Seat 1 - 6, almost on the 50.

Outstanding - did the segment air on the Austin news?

Sarah is just in awe of you.  She could not say enough wonderful things about you when I spoke to her this afternoon.

If any future Auburn studs commit Saturday, I need autographs!!  ;)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions