Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What ever happened to just jumping off a building?

Ogre

What ever happened to just jumping off a building?
« on: March 19, 2008, 11:15:33 AM »
Australian Man Gunned Down in Driveway by Killer Robot

An 81-year-old Australian man has shot himself dead with an elaborate suicide robot built using plans he downloaded from the Internet.

The Gold Coast man, who lived alone, left notes of his plans and thoughts as he struggled to come to terms with demands by interstate relatives that he move out his home and into care.

He spent hours searching the Internet for a way to kill himself, downloaded what he needed and then built a complex machine that would remotely fire a gun.

He set the device up in his driveway about 7 a.m. Wednesday, placed himself in front of it and set it in motion.

His notes explained that he chose the driveway as he knew there were tradesmen working next door who would find his body. The plan worked as the workmen heard the gunshots and ran to investigate.

The machine was attached to a .22 semi-automatic pistol loaded with four bullets.

It was able to fire multiple shots into the man's head after he activated it.

He was probably distraught by the news of that D&D guy dying.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,339213,00.html
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 11:16:13 AM by Ogre »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: What ever happened to just jumping off a building?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 11:23:04 AM »
But on the bright side, he just earned 200 Blast Works points.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 03:20:14 PM »
Actually give the man credit. The cleanup crew only had to use the garden hose.

HOUSE FOR SALE!

At 81, he could have just waited a few more days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 08:03:34 AM »
He was probably distraught by the news of that D&D guy dying.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,339213,00.html

Why didn't he just move to Florida?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

bellefay1

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions