No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: I wish the homeless people in Birmingham were more like this guy
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 04:03:33 PM »
Wow, the radio business really is that bad right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 05:57:16 PM »
Great voice.

Scary teeth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 06:55:57 PM »
Great voice.

Scary teeth.

He would fit in very nicely in Tuskaloser.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 05:32:23 PM »
Follow-up:

Video

« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:42:39 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 05:45:51 PM »
http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/15605

Cleveland Cavaliers hire homeless man with "Golden Radio Voice"
By Justin Meiser. Published on 01/05/2011 - 9:40am

While the Cavaliers are struggling on the court this season without their former superstar, the organization is still making waves in the community. In perhaps one of the most amazing stories I've ever seen.

Ted Williams, who was previously homeless held up a sign every day telling the world about his "Golden Radio Voice". Someone pulled off to the side of the road to speak with him and video taped the man, and he wasn't lying. This guy has an incredible voice!

Apparently the Cleveland Cavaliers took notice after the Columbus Dispatch featured the man in the paper they and offered him a job and a house. Williams was on a local radio station, WNCI exclaiming "The Cleveland Cavaliers just offered me a full-time job and a house! A house! A house!"

He also added "I've been out there about a year; I just didn't know anything like this would ever happen. There's so many words. I've already been compared to Susan Boyle. I'm just so happy."

It's unclear what position the Cavaliers have offered Williams, but it is an incredible story of redemption after Williams threw his career away years ago admittedly due to drugs and alcohol.

"Just to get back to some normalcy and responsibility.. If I can get a job, whether it's a $25,000 or even $18,000, I'd be happy. At least I know God has me where he wants me."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 08:40:53 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/01/05/2011-01-05_ted_williams_homeless_man_with_radio_announcer_voice_blocked_from_boarding_plane.html?r=news/national

Ted Williams, homeless man with radio announcer voice, blocked from boarding plane to New York
BY James Fanelli
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 6:19 PM

The Columbus-DispatchOvernight YouTube sensation Ted Williams is trying to return to his Brooklyn roots. A Brooklyn panhandler whose "golden radio voice" made him an overnight web sensation was stuck in Ohio Wednesday afternoon - delaying his long-awaited reunion with his mother in New York.

Ted Williams, 53, had expected to fly to New York to do a live interview on the "Today Show" tomorrow morning and see his 92-year-old mom after years apart.

But TMZ reported that airport officials will not let him board a plane because he doesn't have proper identification to make the trip. Instead, he spent the afternoon at a Columbus, Ohio, courthouse trying to obtain a copy of his birth certificate, the site said.

A convicted felon and recovering addict, Williams was living in a homeless encampment in Columbus until two days ago, when a video showcasing his startling talent went viral on the Internet.

The video, produced by the Columbus Dispatch, shows him begging for change on a street in exchange for a soundbyte of his buttery, baritone voice.

The interview has led to a whirlwind of media attention and job offers, including one to do voice-over work for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

But perhaps the greatest opportunity to come from his newfound fame was a reunion with his mom, who lives in Bedford-Stuyvesant in the home he was raised in.

During the an interview on "The Early Show," Williams broke down in tears when he spoke about his mother.

"I apologize. I'm getting a little emotional. I haven't seen my mom in a great deal of time," he said on the program.

"One of my biggest prayers that I sent out was that she would live long enough for me to see me rebound or whatever, and I guess God kept her around and kept my pipes around to maybe just have one more shot that I would be able to say, 'Mom, I did do it before,'" he said. "I might pass away before her or whatever, but my dad didn't get a chance to see this. But God is good."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 10:59:31 PM »
I think its a great story. I'm no liberal or anything, but I have no issue with 2nd chances as long as the raping of children wasn't involved in the original crime (which is an unforgivable crime IMHO). Its 3rd chances I have an issue with. Good luck to this guy. Hope he gets it together.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 10:54:24 AM »
I think its a great story. I'm no liberal or anything, but I have no issue with 2nd chances as long as the raping of children wasn't involved in the original crime (which is an unforgivable crime IMHO). Its 3rd chances I have an issue with. Good luck to this guy. Hope he gets it together.

What is your view on the raping of de horses?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 10:58:45 AM »
What is your view on the raping of de horses?

Hey fucko, it's inter species erotica.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 02:52:31 PM »
Hey fucko, it's inter species erotica.

I will still ride off on de women
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions