Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ducks on Fairley

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Ducks on Fairley
« on: December 22, 2010, 10:43:30 AM »
These fuckers need some cheese to go with the wine.

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=128&f=1423&t=6921869&p=1
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Ducks on Fairley
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 10:55:11 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 11:04:22 AM »
These fuckers need some cheese to go with the wine.

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=128&f=1423&t=6921869&p=1

Seems to be a pretty common theme on Duck sites.  Saw one the other day whining that whether he played dirty all the time, or just the one lat hit on the UGA QB, that, made him a thug, and a dirty player, and that there was no place for that.  Fairley breaks one of their players in half, you can damn well bet that he's going to be called dirty for doing it, no matter what.  T'Sharvan Bell does it, and they'll whine about that too.  One thing for sure...their LG is 286, the C is 300, and the RG is 290.  They're going to have a tough time dealing with him because he's as quick as any in the game, and at least as big as they are.  The UGA RG and RT that had to chop block Fairly to deal with him are 6-5 304, and 6-6 305 respectively.    Fairly abused that Sr. RG from UGA all day.  Oregon's RG gives up an inch and 15 lbs to that UGA G.  He better be quick is all I can say, or he'll be whining like their fans by halftime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 11:05:52 AM »
Damn...do the Duck fans live in Athens or something?  Somebody call the WHAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 11:09:54 AM »
IF the Duck coaching staff is as obsessed with Fairley as their fans are it will be a very good night in  the desert for AU.

Blanc, Clayton, Goggans, Carter, Eguae, Lemonhead and the rest of the bunch will flat kill their offense if the Duck's offensive linemen "over focus" on Fairley. 

Based on what I have seen of OU, I do not even expect them to try and block Fairley......simply let him go where he wants, screen him and use their speed to run away from and around him.  Very similar to what AU did to Cornelius Bennett in the 1986 Iron Bowl........frustrated the hell out of him and never truly blocked him all game.

Just a hunch but this thing is going to be one whale of a ball game.

WAR EAGLE
 :bar:

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 11:19:51 AM by eagleair89 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 11:33:59 AM »
IF the Duck coaching staff is as obsessed with Fairley as their fans are it will be a very good night in  the desert for AU.

Blanc, Clayton, Goggans, Carter, Eguae, Lemonhead and the rest of the bunch will flat kill their offense if the Duck's offensive linemen "over focus" on Fairley. 

Based on what I have seen of OU, I do not even expect them to try and block Fairley......simply let him go where he wants, screen him and use their speed to run away from and around him.  Very similar to what AU did to Cornelius Bennett in the 1986 Iron Bowl........frustrated the hell out of him and never truly blocked him all game.

Just a hunch but this thing is going to be one whale of a ball game.

WAR EAGLE
 :bar:

This is not to say that Oregon doesn't use any gap/man schemes, but they do base out of a zone run scheme.  They will have to deal with Fairley to run that.  That said, they don't have to truly over power him though.  And I have no doubt, that like Malzahn, Kelly can run some Veer type stuff if he chooses to read Fairley instead of block him.  That would be a smart move...why try to block a guy like Fairly when you can read him?  But, that would stray a bit from what they do, AND LaMicheal James isn't a between the tackles type back.   I suspect that, like Auburn and Malzahn, they will come in to the game confiedent that what they do works, and they will try to beat us with what has been successful for them all season.   I don't care what their Defense is ranked...they haven't played many decent teams, and I firmly believe our OL will dominate them in the trenches, and they will HAVE to score at a blinding pace to keep up with us.  Like every other opponent we've faced...the one time our D has an answer for their offense, and they go 3 and out, or turn the ball over...well, you know. 

FWIW, I think Oregon is a good team, but I think we match up well where it counts...in the trenches.  I also think we can control the tempo of the game.

You hear a lot about Oregon's speed of running the offense...but they're not the fastest paced team, and we're not that far behind them...their defense will need to be in good shape too...

Oh, then there's the small matter of tackling a guy that is 6-6 250 that runs a 4.5 40, and has some moves. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 12:09:54 PM »
The look of the QB as Fairley comes at him:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 06:05:40 PM »
If we suspend Fairley now for being a meany, can we get him reinstated soon enough to prove that he's really just a hateful mother fucker?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 10:55:17 PM »
The look of the QB as Fairley comes at him:

I never get tired of watching those 2 Girls, 1 Cup reaction videos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.