Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lee Corso's Very Emotional Speech at the Awards Ceremony.....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Lee Corso's Very Emotional Speech at the Awards Ceremony.....
« on: December 10, 2010, 07:19:35 AM »
This will choke you up.  Lee Corso, to me, was College Football.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Lee Corso's Very Emotional Speech at the Awards Ceremony.....
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 08:35:45 AM »
This will choke you up.  Lee Corso, to me, was College Football.

Like Jen said, I wasn't aware of his contributions to college football, being the youngster that I am.

I have only really known him as the clown on ESPN, and knew that he had some coaching lineage, like most of the old guys at ESPN, but didn't know anything more specific than that.
 :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 08:58:36 AM »
Is he retiring?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 09:02:06 AM »
I didn't know that he had a stroke. You know, I could tell that his speech was a tad bit slurred but I had no idea.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 09:05:25 AM »
Lee's a good dude. A lot of fans give him hell about his picks on Gameday but its pure entertainment. Lately, Ive come to like him a lot more. He really loves the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 09:46:45 AM »
Lee's a good dude. A lot of fans give him hell about his picks on Gameday but its pure entertainment. Lately, Ive come to like him a lot more. He really loves the game.

and I'd love for him to get the fuck off my tv. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 10:00:53 AM »
Corso is Vitale Light.

I met Corso once just as he was pulling up outside JHS for Game Day prior to the Iron Bowl.  The year Fat Freddie Kitchens was QB.  It was early morning and no one really around and talked to him for a few minutes.  Seemed like a nice, genuine dude UNTIL.....and I promise I'm not exaggerating at all when I say this...this fat ass Bama fan comes running over there hollering, CORSOOOO....who's gonna win the game t'night Corso? 

I thought the guy was retarded.  Honestly.  I think just to pacify him, Corso goes into his gameday character and starts analyzing the game like he would on the set saying Alabama would win because of the incredible leader Kitchens is....

I left. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 10:29:35 AM »
Corso is Vitale Light.

I met Corso once just as he was pulling up outside JHS for Game Day prior to the Iron Bowl.  The year Fat Freddie Kitchens was QB.  It was early morning and no one really around and talked to him for a few minutes.  Seemed like a nice, genuine dude UNTIL.....and I promise I'm not exaggerating at all when I say this...this fat ass Bama fan comes running over there hollering, CORSOOOO....who's gonna win the game t'night Corso? 

I thought the guy was retarded.  Honestly.  I think just to pacify him, Corso goes into his gameday character and starts analyzing the game like he would on the set saying Alabama would win because of the incredible leader Kitchens is....

I left.

I got to be around Corso at the Hotel & Conference Center a few years ago.  He was a really nice guy, and I remember him saying he loved doing the Gameday show because he not only gets to talk about college football, but he loves meeting the local college students. 

He may be a clown, but I really think he is genuine in wanting to be a positive role model for college kids.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 03:18:21 PM »
Here's the entire presentation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 03:19:37 PM »
Fuck him.
Get in the box.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."