Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Still The Worst Hire Ever?

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Still The Worst Hire Ever?
« on: December 06, 2010, 10:13:41 AM »
Seriously. I'm not just stirring shit up for the sake of beating a dead horse. I'd love to pick Kaos's mind right about now.

Can even he still maintain his flagship cause that defined him as a poster since the day Chizik was hired?

Even when Chizik had a "pretty solid" first year, he stated that Chizik could win a national championship and it would still be the worst hire of all time. It was still an embarrassment and a black eye on the program. Can anyone really still believe that now that it's upon us? Kaos has waited his whole life for this day. Is he enjoying it? Or is he pissed that Chizik was the one to do it?

Could he possibly admit that the hire was fantastic, and that he was...(gasp)...wrong about his perception? Mind you that Chizik was hired for about half the salary of Saban's, and is already two wins ahead of Saban's W/L record in his first two years, with the championship still to play. And got to the NC game, with a good chance to win it, a year earlier. Saban's achievements were in the midst of Auburn's tailspin decline thanks to Tuberville and Tony Franklin. Chizik did this while they were building a statue of Saban in Tuscaloosa.

Get your :wartim: smiley ready. I don't think there can be any doubt now that Gene Chizik was the greatest hire in Auburn history. I think he was easily twice the value of the Saban hire.

I'm ready to build the statue.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 10:28:39 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Still The Worst Hire Ever?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 10:20:32 AM »
Seriously. I'm not just stirring shit up for the sake of beating a dead horse. I'd love to pick Kaos's mind right about now.
yes you are. 
We are less than 48 hours removed from barreling through and SEC season culminating with a birth in the BCS national championship and this is where your head is at?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 10:23:49 AM »
yes you are. 
No, I'm not.
We are less than 48 hours removed from barreling through and SEC season culminating with a birth in the BCS national championship and this is where your head is at?
Yes, it is.

I think he's the best hire in Auburn history. And I'm wondering if anyone, even Kaos, can disagree that he was not at least one of the best.

It is amazing to see what he has done to this program in less than two years.

Unwad the panties, Sancho. I put in that disclaimer with you specifically in mind, because I knew you'd come in defending him, when this post wasn't even a direct attack on him. I'd just like to hear what his thoughts are on all of this now, since he made it his cause to embody the "Chizik is and always will be the worst hire ever" mantra.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 10:27:09 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 10:33:11 AM »
No, I'm not.Yes, it is.

I think he's the best hire in Auburn history. And I'm wondering if anyone, even Kaos, can disagree that he was not at least one of the best.

It is amazing to see what he has done to this program in less than two years.

Unwad the panties, Sancho. I put in that disclaimer with you specifically in mind, because I knew you'd come in defending him, when this post wasn't even a direct attack on him. I'd just like to hear what his thoughts are on all of this now, since he made it his cause to embody the "Chizik is and always will be the worst hire ever" mantra.

I told you a while back that Kevin was now sold on Chizik. No one is perfect and I think at the time he was hired it did appear to be a bad hire. Hindsight is 20/20.. Just enjoy this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 10:33:47 AM »

I've seen him at the AuburnEagle site. Surprisingly, he has toned down the opposing opinion a lot. From what I can tell, he is on board with hesitant optimism.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 10:40:14 AM »

I have no panties. 
I do not defend him.  I try to keep you from sounding bammerish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 10:44:32 AM »
 :dead:

Let it go man, we are going to the ship.

I think Kevin was right at the time.  It was a bad time in AU history, just got destroyed 36-0, losing season, getting our asses kicked in recruiting, we were being labeled racist, told by the local media that we would never overcome losing CTT.  We then went out and hired a guy who was 5-19.  It didn't matter that it was at Ames b/c the media was laughing at us on a national level as was the entire conference.  It was really hard to defend. I think we all went into meltdown, we made jokes about having to take a Jay Jacobs, most us said fuck once or twice over all this.  At the time it looked really bad.

Now, was I wrong about it, of course.  Chiz has blown away my expectations.  I figured we would be 9-4 or 10-3 at best this year.  Never thought for a minute that we would be going to Glendale.  I think a lot of people thought the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan