Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ted Roof coached circles around Spurrier

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Ted Roof coached circles around Spurrier
« on: December 05, 2010, 11:46:54 AM »
That was a complete ass whipping by Auburn's defense. Roof had Spurrier confused all night. The different blitzes and the amount of pressure Roof dialed in was absurd. We brought guys from everywhere. We held Jeffers to 37 yards receiving. Freaking unbelievable.

For all the Roof haters out there, shut the fuck up. This dude has put together a damn good defense that is playing lights out at the right time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

Re: Ted Roof coached circles around Spurrier
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 12:45:04 PM »
That was a complete ass whipping by Auburn's defense. Roof had Spurrier confused all night. The different blitzes and the amount of pressure Roof dialed in was absurd. We brought guys from everywhere. We held Jeffers to 37 yards receiving. Freaking unbelievable.

For all the Roof haters out there, shut the phuk up. This dude has put together a damn good defense that is playing lights out at the right time.
And we are still scoring on Ellis Johnson's D. 
I became a Roofer after viewing the Iron Bowl. Oliver said it wasn't any adjustments but I don't buy it. Roof and this defense totally frustrated the "ol ball coach." It just can't be THIS accidental on a week by week basis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 02:21:23 PM »

For all the Roof haters out there, shut the fuck up. This dude has put together a damn good defense that is playing lights out at the right time.

I agree, that was some AUsome D last night. To hell with waiting till halftime, Roof made adjustments in the 1st quarter and never looked back. Garcia was taking a pounding.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 02:33:47 PM »
I agree, that was some AUsome D last night. To hell with waiting till halftime, Roof made adjustments in the 1st quarter and never looked back. Garcia was taking a pounding.
That's it dj, and the next opponent hasn't had to face the competition Auburn has and I'm feeling pretty good about our chances.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 07:57:28 PM »
I'm not saying Roof is good. I'm not saying Roof sux. But the Jeffry stat is misleading.
USCe just stopped throwing him the ball? Same as bammer the week before.
I saw nothing our D was doing to stop the slant either game. I am damn glad they stopped throwing it, though.
My kudos goes to whichever coach sat Thorpe and put Davis in. That, IMO, was the difference.

Just saying.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 07:58:32 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 09:38:15 PM »
That's it dj, and the next opponent hasn't had to face the competition Auburn has and I'm feeling pretty good about our chances.

Right on. The Ducks may be fast but they aint big and fast. They haven't seen the physicality that we will bring to them. They haven't faced an offense that has more weapons than them either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 11:18:56 PM »
Yup, they haven't seen a Nick Fairley, a Zach Clayton, a Mike Blanc, a Joshua Bynes, a hard hitting Mike McNeal, a very powerful OL & QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 11:43:21 PM »
I'm not saying Roof is good. I'm not saying Roof sux. But the Jeffry stat is misleading.
USCe just stopped throwing him the ball? Same as bammer the week before.
I saw nothing our D was doing to stop the slant either game. I am damn glad they stopped throwing it, though.
My kudos goes to whichever coach sat Thorpe and put Davis in. That, IMO, was the difference.

Just saying.

I don't understand this line of thinking. You think that they just didn't throw to Jeffrey because they didn't feel like it? Or do you think that they didn't throw to Jeffry because the defense was forcing them into situations were the couldn't throw to him?

Just saying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 12:05:20 AM »
So you never wondered why, after having success throwing the slant, that they just stopped? I mean it doesn't take much time or protection to throw a slant. They have one of the biggest WRs in the league against a defense that cannot stop big WRs, and they stop throwing?

May be that we got them out of their game plan and they just never came back to it. I for one sat here holding my breath just waiting for it. It never came. I just wondered why?

I guess the question for you is, do you really think we could stop the slant one on one?

Maybe we just started playing more zone and that caused them to shy away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.