Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

NCAA Officially Clears Cam!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: NCAA Officially Clears Cam!
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2010, 02:42:23 PM »
If he didn't, neither the NCAA or Mike Slive did him any favors.

That's as cut and dry as I've ever seen.

Looks that way to me too.  There were dirty hands somewhere in all this.  You knew Rogers was in on it but how deeply was Cecil?  If they found Cecil participated, so be it.  Bailiff, wack his pee-pee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2010, 02:44:43 PM »

Good point. But that could have come from a he said she said which left doubt about who started what. There is no doubt that money was talked about, it's just hard for me to believe that Cecil Newton just went out and shopped his son.

Look, I don't know. And I am probably a homer, but it just seems weird to me that he "shopped" him to only one team...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2010, 02:47:05 PM »
I heard on Jox that Kenny Rogers is seeking legal action for defamation. If I was Rogers, I would go run and hide because this thing isn't over for him. The state of Mississippi, the FBI and the NFL are all after him. Its clear this guy has no sense whatsoever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2010, 02:47:25 PM »
Good point. But that could have come from a he said she said which left doubt about who started what. There is no doubt that money was talked about, it's just hard for me to believe that Cecil Newton just went out and shopped his son.

Look, I don't know. And I am probably a homer, but it just seems weird to me that he "shopped" him to only one team...

Just a theory here but it could very well be that since Rogers' connections were with MSU, he pitched it to Cecil and the elder Newton saw green and said if you can get your people to cough up that kind of $$$...I'm in.  Rogers may have had no other pull with schools outside his alma tomater.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2010, 02:50:48 PM »
He is so butthurt, he is facebook chatting me...
Josh:just look how childish your comments are compared to mine... you acting like a 2yr Chad... you go something stupid to say, then send me a message or something, If your going to act like a dumbass don't do it on my page... thx
you act like i'm personally attacking you or your family or something... chill out man, no reason to be acting like children so the FB world can see it... Like i said, you want to be a dumbass, do it thru a message or on your own page, thanks... If you want to talk about it, then fine, but you want to argue about it then find someone else

Chad:you're a joke
I'm sorry, but I'm the one being childish?
Why are you so dead-set on digging for "sources not connected to Auburn"?
I'm just stating facts
you're stating tweet rumors
and I'm childish...

Josh: dude, you came on my fb page and said "Just wanted to drop by and say "Told you so"."
who fucking childish is that

Chad: Stop making outlandish claims and pretending their facts, and I won't call you on them

Josh: have i ever put anything on your page>???
ever??

Chad: you put enough anti-Auburn stuff on your own for all of facebook
I commented on exactly two of them
the most absurd ones

Josh: but the facts are that this is not over

and your acting like it is

that is absurb
stop actling like i just slapped your wife
it isn't personal you dumbass

Chad:it is personal, I actually went to school at Auburn, unlike you at Alabama

um, i did goto alabama
and fyi, i do goto AUM

Chad: and you are the relentless one
All I did was call you on your bullshit
sorry

Josh: i haven't posted anything in like 2 weeks
and it was shit on MY FB PAGE
it isn't personaly
personal
seriously, you need to calm down
it is football
and the facts are that it isn't over
period

Chad: Ok, Joe Shad...

Josh: ESPN is pretty big you know
they are the ones that are saying most of this
are you emailing them and throwing a temper tantrum
seriously, don't you think you should wait til it is all said and done before you start trying to say "i told you so"

Chad: no, far better to post 25 posts a day about how your inside sources know for a fact that it's true

Josh: ok let me say this

it is MY FB PAGE and i can say whatever i like

Chad: go nuts
you look foolish

Josh: and you think you don't look foolish by replying to and shit

Chad: replying to bullshit with facts

Josh: i just posted a bunch of links

and i told you about the rumors i've been hearing and you acted like you wanted to fight over it
THERE ARE NO FACTS YET YOU FUCKING RETARD
IT ISN'T OVER YET
ok, i'm done, if it makes you happy then i won't post anything else about Auburn on my page ever again
just for you...
unless of course Auburn gets nailed by the NCAA after the season is over... then it is fair game
i know you have sensitive feelings about it, so I'll stop ...haha omg

Chad: I thought you were done

Josh: just wanted to clarify that if you are wrong, you have opened yourself up to it
anyway, there is no need to fight about this for real man... seriously, this is ridiculous
we ar BOTH acting like 10yr olds now
we BOTH need to stop and chill out...
you have your opinions and i have mine... bottom line is that we will find out what will happen when the NCAA says, the case is over
until then, it is all speculation
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:26:39 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2010, 02:52:54 PM »
Probably a poor choice of words on my part, but you get what I'm saying. Cam seems to be a fine young man, I agree. Even if it was the scenario you suggest, it's still wrong. Anything short of Cecil Newton screaming to the NCAA about what had transpired with this "offer" was wrong. I'm sure it's easier said than done when you start thinking about what you could do with $200k, but still. What he did was wrong either way.

No doubt man. No doubt.

I just think that Cecil whoring out his son for some money is a HELL of a lot worse than someone saying, Man, I think we can get you between $100k and $180k for your son's signature.

I consider myself a moral and ethical person...but that shit would be hard not to listen to. Look at it like this:
You are a happily married man. You think your wife is absolutely gorgeous. You are happy at your job but they just hired this drop dead gorgeous girl with a perfect body. She sits right next to you and you start talking. It's nothing more than friendly talk but then it gets a little flirty after a couple of weeks. After some flirting for a little bit, you think she takes a liking to you. She even texts you a couple of time...nothing bad...while you are at home with your wife. You don't want to fuck up anything at work or at home, so you hide it and the small flirts continue. Finally the flirts get a little more and she officially makes a move on you. You deny her and go home to your wife and live happily ever after without telling anyone. You know the shit was going down the whole time and you did nothing about it. You even feel a little bad but you didn't do anything wrong right? You were just talking with a co-worker right? She came on to you right? Why should I tell and fuck things up right?

I can't believe I just typed all that...but hopefully you get my point.

Again, I have no clue though...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2010, 02:54:11 PM »
Just a theory here but it could very well be that since Rogers' connections were with MSU, he pitched it to Cecil and the elder Newton saw green and said if you can get your people to cough up that kind of $$$...I'm in.  Rogers may have had no other pull with schools outside his alma tomater.

perhaps...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2010, 02:54:42 PM »

I consider myself a moral and ethical person...but that shit would be hard not to listen to. Look at it like this:
You are a happily married man. You think your wife is absolutely gorgeous. You are happy at your job but they just hired this drop dead gorgeous girl with a perfect body. She sits right next to you and you start talking. It's nothing more than friendly talk but then it gets a little flirty after a couple of weeks. After some flirting for a little bit, you think she takes a liking to you. She even texts you a couple of time...nothing bad...while you are at home with your wife. You don't want to fuck up anything at work or at home, so you hide it and the small flirts continue. Finally the flirts get a little more and she officially makes a move on you. You deny her and go home to your wife and live happily ever after without telling anyone. You know the shit was going down the whole time and you did nothing about it. You even feel a little bad but you didn't do anything wrong right? You were just talking with a co-worker right? She came on to you right? Why should I tell and fuck things up right?

It's like you had a videocamera on my life two months ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2010, 02:58:31 PM »
It's like you had a videocamera on my life two months ago.

And you didn't say shit huh? You are going to hell you cheating ass snake...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2010, 02:59:29 PM »
No doubt man. No doubt.

I just think that Cecil whoring out his son for some money is a HELL of a lot worse than someone saying, Man, I think we can get you between $100k and $180k for your son's signature.

I would tell that bitch to back up with a quickness, because I like my balls where they are. Tucked away snugly in my wife's purse. Oh, and I would like to continue breathing. But, that's just me.

Seriously though, I do get your point. I don't think any of us are going to know to what extent the old man was involved in all of this. But he was involved enough for AU to limit the access of the father of quite possibly one of the best athletes to ever attend AU. Whether that was just a measure to save face with the NCAA or not, I don't know. But he was involved to some extent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2010, 02:59:58 PM »
No doubt man. No doubt.

Never shit where you eat.

Commit this to memory and you will be fine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2010, 03:00:06 PM »
I get paid in Trident Layers Gum
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2010, 03:00:14 PM »
No doubt man. No doubt.

That's a great analogy, but you still incur a shit storm once the bitch who was flirting you up calls your wife and tells her some crazy shit because she couldn't have you.  Because then, you have to tell your wife the entire story, and all the trust she had in you will completely diminish. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2010, 03:01:59 PM »
That's a great analogy, but you still incur a shit storm once the bitch who was flirting you up calls your wife and tells her some crazy shit because she couldn't have you.  Because then, you have to tell your wife the entire story, and all the trust she had in you will completely diminish.

Which is what happened. I am not saying what dude did was right...I am just saying that shit is not so black and white as it seems sometimes...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2010, 03:13:12 PM »

You been talking to my wi....?  Um, never mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2010, 03:15:30 PM »
Which is what happened. I am not saying what dude did was right...I am just saying that shit is not so black and white as it seems sometimes...

Agreed, but at this point, Cecil has more to worry about than the NCAA or FBI.  He is a minister of God, and because he was involved in this circus, his ministry is now suffering.  Not trying to get all biblical here, but one of David's greatest downfalls was his adultery with one of his Soldier's wife.  God told David that he committed this sin in the dark, but God would punish him in the light for all of his neighbors to see.  His punishment was severe because he gave the enemies of God a reason to attack the Word.  What exactly was his punishment?  He lost his son. 

Tragic. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2010, 03:18:41 PM »
You been talking to my wi....?  Um, never mind.

That's skraight up experience.  Except I didn't deny the temptation.  And telling that story to the wife (after she already knew the truth) was brutal. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2010, 03:20:29 PM »
That's skraight up experience.  Except I didn't deny the temptation.  And telling that story to the wife (after she already knew the truth) was brutal.

Been there, done that, know the pain you went through.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2010, 03:20:51 PM »

Maybe, but if I asked you to give me a reach around, offer you $5 for your services and you agree...we just worked together on a pay-for-play plan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2010, 03:22:30 PM »

Word
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions