Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

TCU To Join The Big East

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: TCU To Join The Big East
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 11:30:29 AM »
Well that's just due to the shame of having the mangina.

Don't hate on my downstairs mix up
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 11:37:34 AM »
You guys are acting like the Big East is a real league.

As far as travel goes, how would you feel if we joined the Pac (insert number) ? It would suck.

This smacks of desperation. But I don't entirely blame the school as this is their only chance at removing the non AQ stench from their name. And it's not like the administration really cares what league they are in. I think this will be their forth or fifth conference since the SWC broke up.

It will kill recruiting . The irony is that by the time they get into the new conference, they will no linger be able to win it.

Wrong on all counts, but the very last one. 

The Big East sucks as a football conference, but they are a BCS AQ conference.  They have every bit as legit a shot as the likes of South FL, and Connecticut, and maybe even Pitt at winning it.   

Desperation?  Smacks of wanting to compete for championships and realizing you have to step up your competition level to do it, even if it's not the the highest level, it's high enough. 

The east coast TV exposure and more prime time TV can only help recruiting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 11:59:05 AM »
Wrong on all counts, but the very last one. 

The Big East sucks as a football conference, but they are a BCS AQ conference.  They have every bit as legit a shot as the likes of South FL, and Connecticut, and maybe even Pitt at winning it.   

Desperation? Smacks of wanting to compete for championships and realizing you have to step up your competition level to do it, even if it's not the the highest level, it's high enough.

The east coast TV exposure and more prime time TV can only help recruiting.

If TCU comes in and runs table in the Big East, which I think they can and they can compete for it every year, (name a big east team that you think can beat them) they go to a big game worth a lot of money.  Good move, by them imo.  Would have been better if they could have got a Big 12/Pac 10 invite, but it still works for them.  The only downfall is the travel. 

This has to burn Boise's and Utah's ass up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 12:47:18 PM »
This has to burn Boise's and Utah's ass up.

Utah is joining the Pac 10 along with Colorado.  That happened over the summer during all the realignment drama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 12:50:26 PM »
I am surprised the Big 12 wouldn't go after them
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 01:07:00 PM »
Utah is joining the Pac 10 along with Colorado.  That happened over the summer during all the realignment drama.

Ahh, forgot about that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 01:29:46 PM »
Not only Utah, but BYU just left the MWC. Just in time for Boise to jump from one sinking dingy to another.

TCU did it right, by jumping on a structurally sound boat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 01:48:08 PM »
Not only Utah, but BYU just left the MWC. Just in time for Boise to jump from one sinking dingy to another.

As long as the front doesn't fall off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 02:08:21 PM »
I am surprised the Big 12 wouldn't go after them

If Texas has as much pull in the Big __ as some indicate, do you think they really want another in-state school in their division kicking their ass?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2010, 02:11:50 PM »

TCU's new boat has 17 people on it (not all play football though).  Hope there is enough of the pie to go around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 06:03:40 PM »
If TCU comes in and runs table in the Big East, which I think they can and they can compete for it every year,

On any given day, they beat the best the Big East has to offer.  BUT...if they play a schedule like that for 8 or 9 conference games...folks gonna find out what depth of talent is about.   The Big East has no power houses, but they don't have any team that is a perennial doormat either.    They're pretty balanced with a bunch of mediocre teams that on any day are as good as Ole Miss, or MSU are year in and out.  TCU won't be running through the BE like they have the Mtn West or WAC, or wherever it is they fucking play.   TCU has aspired to be the best of their ilk, now they're stepping up a level...they may eventually catch up...it's not a huge jump, but half the BE is capable of winning the Mtn West.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 06:14:58 PM »
On any given day, they beat the best the Big East has to offer.  BUT...if they play a schedule like that for 8 or 9 conference games...folks gonna find out what depth of talent is about.   The Big East has no power houses, but they don't have any team that is a perennial doormat either.    They're pretty balanced with a bunch of mediocre teams that on any day are as good as Ole Miss, or MSU are year in and out.  TCU won't be running through the BE like they have the Mtn West or WAC, or wherever it is they phuking play.   TCU has aspired to be the best of their ilk, now they're stepping up a level...they may eventually catch up...it's not a huge jump, but half the BE is capable of winning the Mtn West.

I think they could come in immediately and win the BE.  WVU is the best the BE has to offer this year and they are in a big game with 3 or 4 losses.  IMO, TCU should be able to come in do the same thing and make big $$$$ in a BCS game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 06:35:08 PM »
I think they could come in immediately and win the BE.  WVU is the best the BE has to offer this year and they are in a big game with 3 or 4 losses.  IMO, TCU should be able to come in do the same thing and make big $$$$ in a BCS game.

I think they can compete...just not dominate. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 08:27:21 PM »
I think the Big Recruiting Winners are the other Big East Teams.  By getting TCU this can open Texas up for getting them recruits to come up East.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 10:47:49 PM »
I think the Big Recruiting Winners are the other Big East Teams.  By getting TCU this can open Texas up for getting them recruits to come up East.
"Connecticut just offered!!!!!!  WOOOHOOOO!!!!"

"How far away is that Billy Mack?"

(Billy Mack gets the globe)

"'bout 48 Hours"
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:25:58 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs