Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Time to go to work"

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
"Time to go to work"
« on: November 29, 2010, 02:45:41 PM »
Auburn linebacker Josh Bynes says a workmanlike approach to football has helped his No. 1 Tigers remain unbeaten in the midst of off-the-field stories about quarterback Cam Newton.

Bynes and the rest of the Tigers will try to keep that attitude in Saturday's SEC Championship Game against South Carolina.

"We've been able to separate all of that the way people are able to separate things in their lives,'' Bynes said in an SEC teleconference Monday. "There may be things going on at home that's not too good with your son, your child, your mother, but, at the same time, you got to work, and you know you've got to accomplish your job. That's our mindset. We know when it's time to go to work,  we make sure we know our plays. We know from the time of our meetings to the time practice ends, it's all football, and that's all that matters."

Bynes' words carry weight. He's on his way to leading Auburn in tackles for the second straight year.

Offensive lineman Lee Ziemba said Newton -- named the SEC offensive player of the week Monday for the sixth time this season -- "is a rock. The way he's handled himself on and off the field this year has been outstanding. He's definitely a role model for the young guys on this team. 

"He's a good friend to us, and we try to be a good friend to him."

Some other notes from the players' teleconference:

**Auburn safety Zac Etheridge on South Carolina receiver Alshon Jeffrey, who had eight catches for 192 yards and two touchdowns in the Tigers' win in September:

"He knows how to use his body pretty well. We definitely need to find ways to stop him and keep him in front of us.

"You have to find ways to keep him in double teams. No one person in the SEC can guard him one-on-one right now."

**South Carolina defensive tackle Travian Robertson on tackling Newton: "We know if we don't, he's going to put on a show."

Also: "When they get down, he keeps them going."

And: "He basically beat us running and passing. When that type of offense, if you shut down the run he'll throw it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."