Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

300 Total Yards...

jmar

300 Total Yards...
« on: November 25, 2010, 10:33:57 AM »
I have already played the Iron Bowl and Bama couldn't stop Cam Newton, experts be damned. He threw for two TD's and ran for two carrying the ball 28 times! Alabama got it's turnover and Auburn had 50 yards in penalties but in the end it just didn't matter. Bama could not keep Auburn off the field. Still, if there is any consolation, Bama looked good not doing it.

Auburn is just better at converting on 3rd down and in the red zone which to me is the difference. When I started examining the team match-ups the first thing I did was to throw the first three or four pre-season games out. One could say this was when Bama was "dominating" true, but it was also when Auburn was finding it's identity minus Chris Todd and Ben Tate.

And as horrible as the defense looks at times it always seems to come through when it counts the most, as it will tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving and War Eagle everyone.

Notice I didn't mention the additional yards by Dyer, OMac and Mario or TZak. I love me some gimmicky offense.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 02:16:54 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: 300 Total Yards...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 06:10:43 AM »
Damn....you got some Nostradumas voices in yo head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

Re: 300 Total Yards...
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 09:02:27 AM »
Damn....you got some Nostradumas voices in yo head.
The fukin quatrain took a wrong turn in the tunnel and we flatlined. I had seen a three TD deficit before but we didn't have the talent to get it done in an old style IB. Was getting railed pretty hard but never lost my way. And when it turned 24 to 14, there was no doubt in my mind that we would win, I was certain. That little prediction was mainly to get some replies but even whiffed on that till now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions