Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Your Best Iron Bowl Experiences

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Your Best Iron Bowl Experiences
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 02:44:23 PM »
Great story Sani. Coolest part was exactly what I was thinking....I'll bet no matter what's going down, you still gotta' wonder about the Iron Bowl.   

Exactly.

Awesome story sani...now I feel bad about eating prime rib that day.

I wouldn't.  I made my own choices to be there.  Plus I made up for it in '93.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 03:16:59 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 02:48:12 PM »
Awesome story sani...now I feel bad about eating prime rib that day.

You selfish bastard
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 02:49:43 PM »
2005 Iron Bowl - Sack, Sack, Sack, Sack, Sack, Sack, Sack, Sack, Sack, Sack, Sack.

Ditto
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 02:50:21 PM »
1983 I was in Germany on a nuke site and was suppose to be pulling guard. It was about 4:00am Local time-  Guard shack everybody was sleeping. I left the tv on when I left to go outside (AFN carried the game). While 3 nuclear weapons (pershing) were lonely and un-guarded Lawyer Tillman did the end around.

I hollered so loud they deployed the reaction Force. I hustled back to my spot and pretended to be hurt.

Faked a hurt back.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 02:59:50 PM »
I've told this story before but you asked the question.

My favorite Iron Bowl was in 1989 "The First Time".  I was not there.  I did not get to watch it on TV.  I couldn't listen to it on the radio. 

The 6th or 7th coup attempt had just happened in the Philippines and we had been flown from Subic Bay to the embassy to reinforce it.  Shit was real. We had ordnance broken out that I didn't even know existed.  We proceeded to turn this beautiful compound into a defensive stand position that Gunny Highway would be proud of, full with razor wire, four foot deep bunkers, and trip wires.  I guess after Hue city and the shit during Carter's years they weren't taking any chances.  Anyway, over the next four days we proceeded to watch all the demonstrations just outside the compound and stay on complete edge wondering when the shit was gonna hit the fan, but through it all in the back of my mind I just wanted to know what happened in the iron bowl.  In fact that thought really preoccupied my mind which was probably a good thing.

Anyway fast forward four days.  The coup attempt is put down and we are sitting on the floor inside the embassy trying to relax before we catch the ch-46 back to Subic.  The U.S ambassador comes through thanking each one of us individually for what we had prepared for over the last four days.  He also asks each guy if we need anything.  Everyone is politely refraining from asking for anything.....Until he gets to me. 

I tell him I need the score of the Auburn/Alabama game.  Without speaking to one more person he about faces and walks out of the room.  Everyone thought I had pissed him off.  Five minutes later he walked back in the room with a piece of white paper that had just come off of the secure line dot matrix printer.

There it was.
30-20. 
Satisfaction.

You should have kept that paper.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2010, 03:11:29 PM »
You should have kept that paper.

Well see now we are back to poop.  I probably had to use it to wipe at some point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 03:11:52 PM »
93 Iron Bowl.  Miska sacking Barker.  Nix to Sanders (Part I).  Bostic breaking the long one.  Jim Fyffe's call..  Eleven and Oh..  Eleven and Oh...  ELEVEN AND OH!!!  First Iron Bowl win for me as a student.

95 Iron Bowl.  I screamed so loud on that 4th down, I literally threw up.

97 Iron Bowl.  I've got a scoreboard pic of the goalposts in front of the leaping tiger scoreboard.  Fucking awesome.  Chop, I thought Nolan's helmet was a Viking Helmet. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2010, 03:21:05 PM »
  Chop, I thought Nolan's helmet was a Viking Helmet.

Might have very well been.  Just remembered it being blue with horns.  I would have killed to have a picture of him running around with that little Freddie Kitchens doll.  Haha.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2010, 03:27:44 PM »
Sani, can I share that story with some folks?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2010, 03:34:45 PM »
Sani, can I share that story with some folks?

Sure.  Knock yourself out. 

Give'em the poop story as well.  It's a crowd pleaser.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 03:37:06 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2010, 03:44:35 PM »
Sure.  Knock yourself out. 

Give'em the poop story as well.  It's a crowd pleaser.
WHICH poop story?  There are so many...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2010, 03:50:12 PM »
WHICH poop story?  There are so many...

Ah. There are so many.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2010, 04:02:19 PM »

No tv

Stan White acl

Nix to Sanders
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2010, 04:21:50 PM »
1989.  Was dating a bammer boy - two years, pretty serious, parents were pushing us to get engaged.  The week of the game, I kept hearing "We're gonna kick your ass on your own grass!!" OVER AND OVER.  He planned a huge watch party - bought a keg, gonna celebrate a national championship, etc.  I kept warning him that playing in Auburn was gonna change things.  BLAH BLAH BLAH...

I decided to watch the game in the dorm.  He kept saying I might not want to come to Turdville when it was over (like I normally would have done on the weekend) because of the shit I would get...

Oh, damn skippy I went to T-town.

We broke up not long thereafter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2010, 04:38:54 PM »
1989.  Was dating a bammer boy - two years, pretty serious, parents were pushing us to get engaged.  The week of the game, I kept hearing "We're gonna kick your ass on your own grass!!" OVER AND OVER.  He planned a huge watch party - bought a keg, gonna celebrate a national championship, etc.  I kept warning him that playing in Auburn was gonna change things.  BLAH BLAH BLAH...

I decided to watch the game in the dorm.  He kept saying I might not want to come to Turdville when it was over (like I normally would have done on the weekend) because of the shit I would get...

Oh, damn skippy I went to T-town.

We broke up not long thereafter.

You should send him a card every year during Iron Bowl week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2010, 04:43:23 PM »
You should send him a card every year during Iron Bowl week.

When I broke up with him, he was crying and wanting to know why.  I just looked at him and said "Because i have ZERO respect for you."  And walked back to my car where the new guy was waiting.

True story.

He is not worth postage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2010, 07:27:22 AM »
When I broke up with him, he was crying and wanting to know why.  I just looked at him and said "Because i have ZERO respect for you."  And walked back to my car where the new guy was waiting.

True story.

He is not worth postage.

This just proves the point that if the chick does the breaking up she may not be riding a new one already, but you can bet she's got one saddled up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2010, 08:04:20 AM »
1985 IB. Van Tiffin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2010, 09:19:41 AM »
1985 IB. Van Tiffin.

I hope your nostrils get raped on the way home from work today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2010, 09:35:12 AM »
This.

There are very few bannable offenses you can commit on this board.  Bringing that game up is one of them.  And my therapist said that it would take less than 6 more months of counseling and medication before this tic would be barely noticeable.  No telling what kind of set back you just caused.

Heartless bastard!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions