Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

An Alternate Theory...

An Alternate Theory...
« on: November 12, 2010, 01:15:47 PM »
I posted this in a few other places this morning and got some interesting responses.  Just thought I'd share... I know some will say it's an O&B Glasses response, but is it so really out of the question this theory is false?

I'm sure others might have come up with the same take, but here's where I'm coming from.

Just a thought, and only my opinion, but... What if the opposite of all we think is happening, is actually happening.

In other words, I believe it was AU turning in Rogers and reporting MSU in the process. Everything that's transpired over the last week makes ten times more sense if true. Here's my points...

1. MSU's statment was very rare. Extremely rare. It took a defensive posture with the "delay" paragraph. I believe that delay was actually time given to them to exercise an internal investigation, and that it took them till July to turn in what they'd found on either themselves, and or Rogers.

2. I believe Cecil listened, but let them hang themselves with their own rope. This would explain "a rented mule", and his spurning MSU and making the decision for an unknowing Cam. Despite all the other reasons Cecil explained that AU was a better choice. If Cam DID find out, it would certainly explain an emotional call saying what Cam "allegedly" said.

3. It would explain Bell and Bond's connections. Neither implicate AU. In fact, they almost go out of their way to ensure AU that they have nothing to do with what they're saying. I believe that Bond, still in good standing with the athletic department, is protecting MSU by going after Rogers, who he believes made this offer and is potentially hurting MSU. Bell only knows he was aksed for money and was told it was for Cecil. I don't believe at this time that Bell actually spoke directly to Cecil, regardless of who he thinks the money was for.

4. It would explain why, as the reporting institution in this case, AU has been quiet, yet confident and letting Cam play. I believe it's why the NCAA hasn't forced AU's hand. They were the one's bringing the complaint, not the defendent.

5. I believe that's why Chizik took the route he took on his show last week, so confidently. He knew it was coming at some point, and he was prepared. I just don't think he was prepared for how nasty and one sided ESPN and other outlets have been, and that's when he gave his passioned response the other day.

6. I believe that Cecil Newton has a lawyer, NOT because he's going to sue over any defamation suit, but because he either has evidence on Rogers, or is simply protecting his business interests while his name gets trug through the mud, while he's not able to personally defend himself.

7. "Can't confirm nor deny" is coached by lawyers, in my opinion. Cecil is no lawyer, and I believe he's doing all he can to stay quiet.

8. This would explain the FBI's involvement and why John Bond is so willing to talk to them about Rogers. Why the infighting? Because, Bond knows Rogers is doing this, and he's the exact type thing that the FBI is investigating. Not Auburn. The FBI has already stated they just want to see if kids are being shopped. Right, by rogue agents, and agents that were marked in 15 of 17 implications in an NFLPA complaint.

As far as the cheating thing? I believe that simply broke because som numbskull down at UF in the video department told his big mouthed brother and it got to an all to willing writer at the right time. Nothing more, nothing less. That's a moot issue, but gets brought up because of the other issues at the same time.

That's my opinion. Who knows...

Anyway, about to head down to AU and scream my lungs out in support of AU and Cam Newton! War Eagle and travel safe for all you heading to The Plains!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: An Alternate Theory...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 01:25:53 PM »
I saw you post this on the Bunker earlier...well, only the topic of it since I can't actually read posts.

I was a little hurt, Chop. I thought we were your first love. 

Good thoughts, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 01:27:07 PM »
I saw you post this on the Bunker earlier...well, only the topic of it since I can't actually read posts.

I was a little hurt, Chop. I thought we were your first love. 

Good thoughts, though.

X is always first.  Shared some bits in pieces here before I ran with it elsewhere.   :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 01:32:46 PM »
Well, it explains why people are all over the place linking tweets from ESPN reporters like Bruce Feldman are just today stating the reason why the FBI is in Starkville is extortion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 01:37:44 PM »
Well, it explains why people are all over the place linking tweets from ESPN reporters like Bruce Feldman are just today stating the reason why the FBI is in Starkville is extortion.

Right.  You hear a few of them still bringing Cecil into it, and I'm not saying he's not, but that would be impossible for anyone to know outside the investigation itself.  I think it has 95% to do with Rogers.  Nailing a rogue agent, or runner would be huge in the narrative of a much larger story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 01:42:23 PM »
Could this be part of a plan set forth by the NCAA, NFL or other entity trying to put a halt to corrupt agents getting involved with college students? 

I mean, after the big stink with Saban and Meyer earlier in the year, could this be part of a plan by the NCAA to expose what's going on with these assholes and help the kids stay clean during their college careers?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 01:45:53 PM »
Right.  You hear a few of them still bringing Cecil into it, and I'm not saying he's not, but that would be impossible for anyone to know outside the investigation itself.  I think it has 95% to do with Rogers.  Nailing a rogue agent, or runner would be huge in the narrative of a much larger story.

You know, I can't help but think that Rogers little spill yesterday just made worse for him. I can see Rogers becoming the fall guy for MSU and for the whole "agent" fiasco of late. There is def some new chatter out there and it seems to have several of the national media changing their tune a bit. ESPN and Joe Schad sure has been a lot quieter even with the Rogers interview yesterday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 01:50:38 PM »
Pat Forde had an article up on ESPN.com less than 10 minutes after Roger's interview completed with the Dallas ESPN affiliate.  It was Forde's FIRST ANYTHING since his first story.

We'll see though....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 01:57:50 PM »
I believe Georgia is averaging 40 a game since Green came back.  It should be a track meet tomorrow. 

War Eagle
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 02:14:09 PM »
You're right.  This is all irrelavent.  Let's just bury it.   :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 02:28:09 PM »
I believe Georgia is averaging 40 a game since Green came back.  It should be a track meet tomorrow. 

War Eagle

Or wait....how about if you don't wanna talk about it or read about it, then don't post or read it. Novel idea. Guess it makes much more sense to derail every thread you don't like especially after YOU'VE posted about this ad nasuem the last 4 days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 02:30:41 PM »
Or wait....how about if you don't wanna talk about it or read about it, then don't post or read it. Novel idea. Guess it makes much more sense to derail every thread you don't like especially after YOU'VE posted about this ad nasuem the last 4 days.

Titan?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 02:32:46 PM »
..............BREAKING NEWS...........

Thayer Evans still has the Goat AIDS
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 02:33:45 PM »

Sorry, did one post about Georgia's offense blow your mind and get you off track in this thread? Please, continue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 08:41:09 PM »
Sorry, did one post about Georgia's offense blow your mind and get you off track in this thread? Please, continue.

"it's all starting to come full circle  Bonds is putting this on Rogers, Rogers is putting it on Bell...."

"UGA's offense is good now that AJ is back..."

"Bell putting this all on AJ Green"

That's a crazy idea snaggle...so crazy, it just might work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 12:43:52 AM »

Come on GH, have you ever seen a thread that didn't get hijacked on the X?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan