Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Schad's Story False

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Schad's Story False
« on: November 11, 2010, 03:11:32 PM »
Jon Kincade (sp?) on 680 in ATL saying that he doesn't care that he works for ESPN, he wants to stand up for what's right.

This story is nutz.  Pistachios even.

Fuck it, it's not premium material, not sure what the problem is.  Check the "per 680 Atlanta" thread on ITAT.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:23:59 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Re: Schad's Story False
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 03:13:16 PM »
Hogwash.  All I see is this: 

Login
For your account security, you will be prompted to sign in periodically. Having trouble? Click Here.

If you don't already have a free membership, click here to signup.

Username or Email Address
 Username or Email Address
Use your username or email address to login.
Password
 Password
Forgot Your Password? We'll email it to you. 

Help | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy | Fair Use | Security | Return to Front Page   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 03:24:06 PM »
I got nothin...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 03:25:33 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 03:27:54 PM »
NOPE... strike three, bro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 03:28:52 PM »
Tried listening to Buck & Kincade live online.

If they were talking about this, they're not now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 03:33:22 PM »
It still makes you log in. 
Whatever.  Someone else will post later.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:33:53 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 03:42:41 PM »
Nothing from Kincaid, but I teh googles did lead me to this...

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/sec-espn-report-is-wrong-calls-not-reported-29230

SEC: ESPN Report Wrong, Calls Never Reported
Posted by Brooks on Nov. 11, 2010, 2:03pm

Tuesday Joe Schad of ESPN reported these allegations against Cam and Cecil Newton:

Two sources who recruit for Mississippi State said that Cecil Newton and his son, quarterback Cam Newton, said in separate phone conversations that his college choice would be part of a pay-for-play plan while Newton was being recruited late last year.
Mississippi State compliance officials relayed the alleged conversations to Southeastern Conference compliance officials in January, according to two other sources close to the football program.
John Zenor of the ASSOCIATED PRESS reports that the SEC has since confirmed that it never received any information regarding alleged phone calls involving the Newtons. From Zenor’s AP report:
SEC spokesman Charles Bloom said Wednesday evening that there was also no mention of the reported conversations in either of the school’s reports to the league.
That’s more than just a minor detail. That’s the whole story.
Now we know why the SEC and NCAA never did anything about ESPN’s allegations that the Newtons were involved in phone conversations that would constitute major NCAA violations. The two organizations, contrary to Schad’s report, never knew about any such phone calls.
This of course also calls into question the veracity of the information provided ESPN by the “two people who recruit for Mississippi State.”
Information that, based on the serious nature of it, it isn’t unreasonable to expect ESPN to verify with the SEC - on or off-the-record - before publishing. Or, at the very least, sources outside the MSU football program.
Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen said yesterday that only MSU coaches are allowed by NCAA rules to officially “recruit for Mississippi State.” So based on Schad’s characterization of his sources in his ESPN report, MSU coaches passed the ESPN reporter inaccurate information.
Since we know that the information in Schad’s report was egregiously inaccurate, is there a chance that the “two sources who recruit for Mississippi State” weren’t actually authorized to do so? And if that’s the case, could the actions of Schad’s “two sources” end up constituting NCAA violations on the part of Mississippi State?
Mistakes happen. I’ve made plenty of them myself, but a mistake at this level has enormous consequences on Newton and the Auburn football program.
None of this is to say that the Newtons didn’t commit some manner of NCAA violation, but the SEC’s debunking of ESPN’s story certainly goes a long way in explaining why the SEC and NCAA haven’t done anything as it pertains to Newton’s situation.
It also lends credence to the possibility that, in all fairness, the two ESPN reports on Mississippi State may have been completely independent. (Contrary to my earlier speculation.)
I’ve contacted ESPN about the inaccuracy of Schad’s report and have inquired to see if a correction and/or clarification will be forthcoming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 10:52:05 PM »
This whole thing is amusing, to me, towards those who always have some sort of conspiracy theory about UA. Remove Cam Newton's name, insert Julio Jones', and some of you would be going fucking insane right now about how guilty UA is. I understand that our boosters have done this sort of thing before, so it's somewhat different; but I think you get my point. All of this circumstantial bullshit would be a smoking gun against UA, right? There can't be this much smoke without some sort of fire, right?But since it is against an AU player, any story with a hint of innocence, no matter how ridiculous or coincidental, is plausible.

To those of you who are actually reasonable, and do not wear tin foil hats, I honestly do feel for you guys/gals. Especially if Cam really is innocent, because this would have been all over nothing. I hope Cam becomes a rich man just from suing the fuck out of some people if that is the case. However, the smoke seems to be getting thicker each day, and that just isn't a good sign. I thought this would be dead and done by now, but it's only growing it seems. I know I wasn't high on Cam earlier in the season, but the kid has proven himself to be one hell of a player. I would hate to see his career wrecked over this shit.....even if he plays for AU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 01:52:33 AM »
Rws, if it was, like you said Julio instead of Cam...I'd still feel the same way.  I'd feel that SPuat and Julio are innocent, but the University and the boosters that're doing their best to deflect the story are the ones that should be worried.  Now if we're talking about our own boosters & "pay-for-play", well that's a totally different story.

Quote from Jeffrey Lee today, in response to the Rogers interview claiming now that Cecil was the one asking for $$$ and he was just an innocent bystander:

Until something surfaces that Auburn is not aware of, which hasn't happened, I don't see Newton's eligibility or Auburn's status with the NCAA being affected.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 02:19:00 AM »
Rws, if it was, like you said Julio instead of Cam...I'd still feel the same way.  I'd feel that SPuat and Julio are innocent
:bs: :bs: :bs:
I bet the NCAA is still hanging on to that packet sent to them about Dre, aren't they? Now, you will swear to high heaven that is true, but you expect me to believe what you just said?

Quote from Jeffrey Lee today, in response to the Rogers interview claiming now that Cecil was the one asking for $$$ and he was just an innocent bystander:
Even if Cecil was asking for money, Newton is not eligible to play. If Cecil so much as attempted to get money, and didn't receive it, Newton is not eligible. If you're depending on Jeffrey Lee as the gospel, then you might want to re-think that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 07:31:51 AM »

Even if Cecil was asking for money, Newton is not eligible to play. If Cecil so much as attempted to get money, and didn't receive it, Newton is not eligible. If you're depending on Jeffrey Lee as the gospel, then you might want to re-think that.

There's actually some debate about that right now.

Finebaum  had a lawyer on yesterday that works on NCAA cases - including the Miss State case that wrapped up last season.

He said that unless the NCAA is changing their stance, a party asking for extra benefits is not considered an NCAA violation.  If it was, then how could the NCAA police the following situations:

1.  Player is being recruited by a school.  Player has 100% honest intentions and is 100% sincere (assume it).  That player says, "So my scholarship gets me an education and a little bit of spending money.  I'm going to have a hard time getting around campus and back and forth from here to home.  Is there any way you could provide a car?  That would make it easier for me to come to school here."  School says no and either drops the recruitment of the kid or simply explains how it's a violation and moves on. 

2.  Player is being recruited by a school.   Player's younger brother says to a coach, "I bet my brother would come here if you paid him money."  No money is exchanged and player has no idea the younger brother ever said this.

3.  Player is being recruited by a school.  Player's father tells a coach in private, "It's going to take around 100k-180k to get my son to come here."  The school says no.  No money is exchanged.  Player never knew it happened and ended up going to a different school anyway. 

4.  Player is being recruited by a school.  I, Townhallsavoy, send a letter to the school saying that I am a middle man between the player and an agent.  I tell the school it will take $100,000 to get the player to sign.  No money is exchanged and the player never knew it happened. 

Slippery slope.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 08:24:18 AM »
:bs: :bs: :bs:
I bet the NCAA is still hanging on to that packet sent to them about Dre, aren't they? Now, you will swear to high heaven that is true, but you expect me to believe what you just said?
There's a Huge difference there retard.  This is talking about a player and supposed $$$ being asked for from a University not the one a committed to.

As for Jeffrey Lee, I'd take his word over A Lot of people in regards to Auburn, definitely over Thayer, Low, Woodbammer, greaseybammer, shithead from Centerpoint, and now ESPN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 09:38:35 AM »
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/12/1921888/broken-promise-costly-to-newton.html
Broken promise costly to Newton
BY JOSEPH GOODMAN
jgoodman@MiamiHerald.com
Cam Newton might have broken rules. He might not have broken rules. One thing is certain: He broke a promise.

The best quarterback in college football is playing at Auburn this season. That wasn't the plan in 2008. In early December of that year, a promise was made between Newton and Florida offensive coordinator Dan Mullen. Mullen was going to Mississippi State and he was taking Newton with him. It was a perfect plan. A pact was made.

A pact was broken.

Mullen couldn't live with that and now Newton will have to live with this scandal for the rest of the season. Did Newton's father sell his son to the highest bidder? Did Newton leave Florida because he cheated academically? It's doubtful any of this will ever be proved. It's clear from where the murky source of Newton's national scrutiny began to flow.

In a sense, it was a package deal. Mississippi State was going to make Mullen the Southeastern Conference's youngest coach and Mullen was going to make Newton the Bulldogs' version of Tim Tebow.

Newton is, after all, a better version of Tebow. He's a better runner and a better passer than Florida's former All-Everything.

Through 10 games, Newton is ranked 10th nationally in rushing with an average of 114.6 yards a game. He has accounted for 35 touchdowns (19 passing, 15 rushing, one receiving) -- tops in the nation.

Newton never owed Mullen or Mississippi State anything. So what if Mullen recruited Newton to Florida? He needed to recruit him again to Mississippi State, and he lost. But that's not how Mullen sees it.

Here's a timeline of how Mullen's plan to get Newton was foiled by Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn:

• Newton was charged with stealing a laptop computer at the University of Florida in November 2008.

• Around the same time, Mississippi State approached Mullen about bringing the Gators' spread-option offense to Starkville.

• Mullen accepted Mississippi State's offer after the SEC championship game.

• Newton completed his final semester at Florida a few weeks later and packed his bags for Texas.

• Newton played one season at Blinn College in Brenham, Texas, leading his team to a junior college national championship. Everything was moving along according to plan. Then, suddenly, Auburn ruined everything for Mississippi State.

• Newton signed with the Tigers on Dec. 31, 2009.

Now, Mississippi State is trying to ruin everything for Newton.

According to the initial report in The New York Times, a de facto agent representing Newton approached a Mississippi State booster and indicated an exchange of cash would be needed to acquire the services of the coveted quarterback prospect.

Sounds like Newton is bad news, right? Well, on Thursday afternoon it became clear that the would-be agent that allegedly was working for Newton's family -- former Mississippi State player Kenny Rogers -- actually was only a go-between working exclusively for Mississippi State. Rogers admitted this while being interviewed by a Dallas radio station.

The source for the story in The New York Times was John Bond, a former player and current booster for Mississippi State. In other words, he's one of Mullen's cronies. In other words, two former Bulldogs representing the interests of Mississippi State leaked this entire story out of spite and Mullen is at the center of the scandal.

And then there's a report by Foxsports.com, which claimed Newton cheated academically while at Florida and possibly was facing expulsion when he transferred.

It's all rather disgusting.

Using the media like pawns, Mullen and Mississippi State have succeeded in tarnishing a dream season for a once-in-a-generation player. Don't be naive and think this about cleaning up the SEC. That's laughable. A broken promise cost Mullen and Mississippi State a shot at the SEC title this season. A broken promise has cost Newton his image.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/12/1921888/broken-promise-costly-to-newton.html#ixzz154xuly9O
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 11:27:43 AM »
There's actually some debate about that right now.

Finebaum  had a lawyer on yesterday that works on NCAA cases - including the Miss State case that wrapped up last season.

He said that unless the NCAA is changing their stance, a party asking for extra benefits is not considered an NCAA violation.  If it was, then how could the NCAA police the following situations:

1.  Player is being recruited by a school.  Player has 100% honest intentions and is 100% sincere (assume it).  That player says, "So my scholarship gets me an education and a little bit of spending money.  I'm going to have a hard time getting around campus and back and forth from here to home.  Is there any way you could provide a car?  That would make it easier for me to come to school here."  School says no and either drops the recruitment of the kid or simply explains how it's a violation and moves on. 

2.  Player is being recruited by a school.   Player's younger brother says to a coach, "I bet my brother would come here if you paid him money."  No money is exchanged and player has no idea the younger brother ever said this.

3.  Player is being recruited by a school.  Player's father tells a coach in private, "It's going to take around 100k-180k to get my son to come here."  The school says no.  No money is exchanged.  Player never knew it happened and ended up going to a different school anyway. 

4.  Player is being recruited by a school.  I, Townhallsavoy, send a letter to the school saying that I am a middle man between the player and an agent.  I tell the school it will take $100,000 to get the player to sign.  No money is exchanged and the player never knew it happened. 

Slippery slope.
The NCAA changed some rules in 2009, and this is the way they shape up:

If a third party receives or solicits cash on behalf of a player, and the player or his family didn't know, the player is in the clear.

If a family member of a player receives or solicits cash on behalf of a player, even if the player "didn't know", he's ineligible no matter if he signed the LOI at the school that was solicited or not. This is basically to prevent a playing stupid type scenario by the player. Which really sucks for the player if somebody in his family really isn't looking out for the kid, and is looking to line his pocket. The act of soliciting or receiving cash, even if by a family member, taints that player for any other team.

I'm trying to find the actual verbage on it, but those are the cliff notes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 11:32:15 AM »
Question RWS.  Was it ever determined that Albert Means knew what was going on?  I never heard that he did but maybe I'm wrong about that.  I do recall an interview with him and him saying he had no clue and I hate to berate the guy, but that was one dumb sounding mo fo.  I got the feeling he really didn't know and just did what coach told him to do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 11:36:56 AM »
Question RWS.  Was it ever determined that Albert Means knew what was going on?  I never heard that he did but maybe I'm wrong about that.  I do recall an interview with him and him saying he had no clue and I hate to berate the guy, but that was one dumb sounding mo fo.  I got the feeling he really didn't know and just did what coach told him to do.

It's been a long time ago, but everything I remember seeing pointed towards the coaches getting the money to steer Means to Alabama.  Means (allegedly) didn't receive a penny.  That's how I remember it, but I could be wrong. 

Either way, we got our asses nailed to the wall because of Logan Young.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 11:46:37 AM »
I don't know if he ever actually knew. He knew that coaches were having other people take tests and things for him. He wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, but with all the money that was involved, I just have a hard time believing he didn't know something was up. His coach was getting money here and there from different schools for visits and things like that. I think at one point his coach had told a school that another school had already paid for Means, and if School A wanted him, they would have to repay money School B had already paid. I mean it was all pretty fucked up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 11:58:45 AM »
I don't know if he ever actually knew. He knew that coaches were having other people take tests and things for him. He wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, but with all the money that was involved, I just have a hard time believing he didn't know something was up. His coach was getting money here and there from different schools for visits and things like that. I think at one point his coach had told a school that another school had already paid for Means, and if School A wanted him, they would have to repay money School B had already paid. I mean it was all pretty fucked up.

Unreal what really goes on.  I say again, anyone who hasn't watched the Marcus Dupree thing on ESPN, do so.  It will blow your mind how blatant all these schools were and they talk openly about it now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."