Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Abortion of 2012

The Abortion of 2012
« on: November 25, 2012, 12:45:07 PM »
- It's over.  Take heart!  This nightmare is over and can be quickly forgotten about.  No matter what happens from here on out, it can't be worse than 2012.  We could go 0-12 and lose to La Monroe, New Mexico State, and Alabama A&M, but would that really be any worse than this?  I don't think so.  3-9 and the worst Auburn team in history is finally put to rest. 

- I do not know if Chizik has been or is going to be fired; however, I can say with 100% certaintly that I am finished with the guy.  I do not care what he says or does.  Yesterday was the last time his voice is recognized by my ears.  If he is retained for some reason, I will simply not pay attention to Auburn football.  The team will be as respected by me as much as Eastern Kentucky or Western Michigan. 

- With that said, I want to take this one last moment to do something now that my vitriol towards Gene Chizik has been extinguished.  I want to thank him for 2010. 

- Gene Chizik did not single handedly put together a team that could compete for and win the national championship.  On the other hand, I must admit that any other head coach in the country most likely would have most likely squandered what we did have on the plains that year.

- Would Nick Saban have allowed Cam Newton to run around the field and act like a rockstar?  Would he have allowed those emotions to feed the team?  Would a Bob Stoops coached teach have allowed a bunch of highly talented veterans play with as much swagger as our guys did?  I don't think so.

- Would a more organized, controlling, disciplined head coach been okay with giving the season to Cam Newton and allowing him to basically do whatever he wanted on the field?  I don't.  I think most coaches would have been too reserved or hesitant to give a first year JUCO quarterback the keys to the kingdom.  At least, not as much as Gene Chizik did.  Gene Chizik's lack of team discipline allowed for a few dominant players to keep us in games and a large group of veterans to seal the victories.

- 2010 doesn't happen without Gene Chizik, Gus Malzahn, and Ted Roof.  I thank them for that.

- But that's gone now.  Those three gentlemen have left the building and hopefully are not coming back.

- As for Auburn?  We'll be okay as long as Chizik wasn't really plague enough to bring the NCAA's hammer onto us.  We'll hire someone that will right the ship at least in the correct direction.  We'll outrecruit Miss State, Ole Miss, and Arkansas.  We'll snag our players from Georgia and Florida and move back into competing for at least 8-9 win seasons. 

- We will go bowling.  We'll see Auburn play on New Year's Day.  We'll be able to talk trash to Alabama fans again.  We'll travel to Baton Rouge and expect to compete.  We'll see the Mississippis as easy wins.  We'll look at Vanderbilt as a cakewalk.  Order will be restored in time. 

- Who will the coach be that we get?  I don't know.  I'm not sure it matters at this point.  No one will be worse than Gene Chizik. 

Right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: The Abortion of 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 01:10:52 PM »
It can get worse. If Chizik and JJ stay, it'll only get worse.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 01:17:51 PM »
Everything is o.k. JJ in negotiations with Charlie Weis. We just need to finish reinforcing all of the coolers and it's a done deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 01:28:16 PM »

I addressed that. Well, part of that.  If Chizik stays, I go. 

I pretty much left after the Ole Miss game.  I watched one quarter of the Texas A&M game and about ten minutes of the Alabama game.  It was easy to say goodbye to Auburn for a while. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 01:33:39 PM »

Yep.

THS's take on 2010 doesn't really seem logical to me, but I don't know what happened or didn't happen other than they found Cam, Rock turned Fairley in to a beast, and they had veteran players that had been made in to hard nosed players by the staff before them.  I also believe Gus had to battle Chiz all season to do it his own way. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 01:38:40 PM »
Yep.

THS's take on 2010 doesn't really seem logical to me, but I don't know what happened or didn't happen other than they found Cam, Rock turned Fairley in to a beast, and they had veteran players that had been made in to hard nosed players by the staff before them.  I also believe Gus had to battle Chiz all season to do it his own way.

Sorry it was over your head. 

I also believe Gus had to battle Chiz all season to do it his own way.

You just feel this way?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 01:54:22 PM »
Sorry it was over your head. 

You just feel this way?

Not over my head, just doesn't seem logical (to me) that it was due to non discipline.  That's just an opinion, YMMV.

I "feel" that way, or as I put it, "believe" based on things I saw on the sideline that season, and things I've heard Gus say. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 02:01:30 PM »
Yep.

Maybe it's because I'm an outsider, but it made sense to me.  I think one of the core issues with Auburn is lack of discipline, lack of control, etc.  While that has caused an implosion this year, it actually worked for the 2010 team, as silly as that may sound.  I remember watching the 2010 AU team, and sometimes thinking to myself, Alabama's coaches would rip a guy's head off and shit down his throat for something like that; but AU coaches are celebrating with the player?  I don't really mean that in some bad way, and I don't mean that AU played dirty or anything.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 03:38:14 PM »
Not over my head, just doesn't seem logical (to me) that it was due to non discipline.  That's just an opinion, YMMV.

I "feel" that way, or as I put it, "believe" based on things I saw on the sideline that season, and things I've heard Gus say.

If you're right and Chizik really did hinder Gus from being as successful as his potential, then maybe he wouldn't be such a bad hire after all.

Texas A&M went toe to toe with LSU and Florida and beat Alabama.  Their defense isn't any better than what Chip Kelly could produce.  Maybe a high octane offense is just what Auburn needs, and perhaps Malzahn is the better fit considering Petrino is marred by scandal. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 04:08:07 PM »
Gotta say I share THS sentiment. Yes this season was a shithole but as bad as it was the enjoyment of 2010 will far outweigh any of the misery I suffered this year. Fact is Gus nor Cam would've been here without Chizik and for that I am forever grateful.

As for Gus, I wont get into whether Chizik limited him or not. Lots of folks say he did. However, the one reason I think BMFP would be superior hire right now is schemes. Jmo but I would rather have a successful HC whose offensive design is based on schemeing opponents weakness and trying to exploit them as to having a successful HC whose main agenda is to rely on defenses wearingout due to the frantic pace of the offense pace and capitalizing on their mistakes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 04:34:02 PM »
If you're right and Chizik really did hinder Gus from being as successful as his potential, then maybe he wouldn't be such a bad hire after all.

Texas A&M went toe to toe with LSU and Florida and beat Alabama.  Their defense isn't any better than what Chip Kelly could produce.  Maybe a high octane offense is just what Auburn needs, and perhaps Malzahn is the better fit considering Petrino is marred by scandal.
NO! Petrino won't take shit off of anybody and he would WIN, QUICKLY! They will not turn it over to Malzahn and he's only seen the likes of the Head Coaching duties as an assistant at this level.
He's a damn good coach but he ain't the one. My fear is that we get neither and stay mired where we are at the bottom with some one season wonder from a lower conference or an up and comer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 04:44:59 PM »

I have thought the same things.  I have mixed feelings on it though.  That said, the newest evolution of the light speed spread is catching fire.  The flip side is there are 3, yesterday 4 counting FL before ND won, with a chance to win the BCS, and not one runs it, and they all have defenses.  So...FWIW.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »

No...no..no. 

Look at the QB aTm has. Look at the QB the Ducks have. Look at the QBs we have and Gus helped pick those. 1000 times no.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

noxin

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 10:18:31 PM »
No...no..no. 

Look at the QB aTm has. Look at the QB the Ducks have. Look at the QBs we have and Gus helped pick those. 1000 times no.

I'll put you down as a "maybe"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions