Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AP Writer: No Contact With Newton

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: AP Writer: No Contact With Newton
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 09:56:17 PM »
They just said on ESPN that former JOX host Ian Fitzsimmons interviewed Kenny Rogers, and he said he hadn't talked to Bond in more then 20 years. WTF
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 09:58:53 PM »
They just said on ESPN that former JOX host Ian Fitzsimmons interviewed Kenny Rogers, and he said he hadn't talked to Bond in more then 20 years. WTF

Jay Evans=Barker said this morning that the contact was with a booster "on the coast" and that Bond became aware of it.  Said the contact wasn't directly with Bond.   FWIW
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 10:10:25 PM »
Jay Evans=Barker said this morning that the contact was with a booster "on the coast" and that Bond became aware of it.  Said the contact wasn't directly with Bond.   FWIW

Well if Rogers and Bond had no contact, the entire story is garbage because they were the two mentioned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 10:21:41 PM »

Well if Rogers and Bond had no contact, the entire story is garbage because they were the two mentioned.

Bond's version:  http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2010/11/5/1796760/former-mississippi-state-qb-john-bond-speaks-publicly-about-cameron

Said there were 2 folks in between him and Rogers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 10:48:26 PM »
Bond's version:  http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2010/11/5/1796760/former-mississippi-state-qb-john-bond-speaks-publicly-about-cameron

Said there were 2 folks in between him and Rogers.
What do you think about this? If this was a story, why are there no details, no names other than Bond and Rogers, really nothing else to place any real guilt other than just enough information to tarnish a young man and his father like a vendetta of sorts. And why now with no information to back any (dispersions) because that is all this is, it wreaks because it seems so senseless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 10:56:42 PM »
I am so starting to believe that Miss State is in some real shit and they are trying to pass the blame.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 11:24:31 PM »
I am so starting to believe that Miss State is in some real poop and they are trying to pass the blame.
No one wants to be connected to this ruse. Urban Meyer cannot further his career on this crap. All we have is Mullen saying it's a long story for another day. Auburn and Cam were indicted by the media on nothing but innuendo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 11:27:12 PM »
What do you think about this? If this was a story, why are there no details, no names other than Bond and Rogers, really nothing else to place any real guilt other than just enough information to tarnish a young man and his father like a vendetta of sorts. And why now with no information to back any (dispersions) because that is all this is, it wreaks because it seems so senseless.

I get back to this being known among the Auburn folks, and State folks.  And Tuscloser sits right in between the two.  I still think, the bammers had some say in how and when this got released.  I'm not saying Bond is being truthful about no contact with Urban Meyer...but Finebaum et al have known about this.  They help get it national so they don't have the dirt on their hands for being the ones to break it, and then blame State.    Tin foil hat and Black Helicopters I know, but I believe the bammer media/Finebaum etc is behind this to some extent.  The Tuscaloosa News is owned by the NY Times btw.   Starkville is 80 Miles from Tuscaloser.   Thats how I see it.

At this stage there's no more to hit MSU with...you can't help it if you're contacted by a shit bag like Rogers, you can only react properly...which it seems Bond did, surprisingly. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 11:30:02 PM »
I am so starting to believe that Miss State is in some real shit and they are trying to pass the blame.
Starting???  I've been thinking that since the story hit, Coach Mullens might've had a real good reason why he didn't want this put in the papers, and it has nothing to do with Cam.  That's what I think anyway.  We shall see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs