Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Some Cam Love... from Ole Miss

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Some Cam Love... from Ole Miss
« on: October 31, 2010, 04:08:25 PM »
From a CBS Sports article... there's more but this was very cool.

The good news for Auburn fans is that the traveling is done for now.

As are the at-risk dates.

Up next is a home game with Chattanooga followed by a home game against a Georgia team with a losing record, and it'll take a major upset in one of those to prevent the Tigers from moving to 11-0 overall, 7-0 in the SEC. So regardless of whether Chizik wants to talk about the big prize -- and for the record, he did not on this night, even when pressed by various reporters -- there's no denying things are getting serious. With this perceived tricky road tilt at Ole Miss out of the way, the Tigers now seem headed toward a Nov. 26 showdown with Alabama at Bryant-Denny Stadium that could serve as a national title-elimination game and, by extension, come darn close to blowing up the entire state.

Seriously, take cover if it comes to that.

And I absolutely believe it's coming to that.

Which is why I'll leave you with a postgame scene.

Newton was walking around the field after the blowout, giving and receiving the usual handshakes and hugs when he was suddenly pulled in front of a camera for a quick interview, the kind TV folks do before they send an audience to another game, SportsCenter, whatever.

But the camera wasn't quite ready for Newton, not yet. So there were a few seconds of standing and waiting and gazing, and it was in those seconds that Newton made eye contact with an Ole Miss assistant who offered encouragement that doubled as an order.

"Go win it," he said. "Go win it all."

Newton's response? He simply mouthed "Thank you."

Then he nodded like a man who believes he just might.

:vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

Re: Some Cam Love... from Ole Miss
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 05:20:53 PM »
From a CBS Sports article... there's more but this was very cool.

:vn:
I think that is the feeling we all get with Cam Newton. I'm not much on destiny, but I think this guy can make it happen, he's that good! I truly think he inspires his teamates or at least they feel some obligation to perform beyond what we have grown to expect, even our suspect defensive unit. That kind of commitment is unyielding. Chizik has said on several occaisions that the team hasn't played it's best game yet, and if that is true, and as driven as this team seems, we are in for many more heroics along the way. I would be very disappointed if Auburn tripped up before playing it's best for four quarters. But this bunch is so damn entertaining I would be just as excited come the following game to watch the show. I don't think anyone could bet against our guy straight up with any confidence no matter the opponent. When I saw Oregon running play-action against an athletic USC defense last night I wondered who they thought they were fooling on certain passing downs. But USC had all but quit after briefly taking the lead early in the third quarter. Our guys don't quit, and if it is possible, I think we get better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 07:55:41 PM »
I think that is the feeling we all get with Cam Newton. I'm not much on destiny, but I think this guy can make it happen, he's that good! I truly think he inspires his teamates or at least they feel some obligation to perform beyond what we have grown to expect, even our suspect defensive unit. That kind of commitment is unyielding. Chizik has said on several occaisions that the team hasn't played it's best game yet, and if that is true, and as driven as this team seems, we are in for many more heroics along the way. I would be very disappointed if Auburn tripped up before playing it's best for four quarters. But this bunch is so damn entertaining I would be just as excited come the following game to watch the show. I don't think anyone could bet against our guy straight up with any confidence no matter the opponent. When I saw Oregon running play-action against an athletic USC defense last night I wondered who they thought they were fooling on certain passing downs. But USC had all but quit after briefly taking the lead early in the third quarter. Our guys don't quit, and if it is possible, I think we get better.
My thought exactly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 11:44:08 PM »
"But the camera wasn't quite ready for Newton, not yet. So there were a few seconds of standing and waiting and gazing, and it was in those seconds that Newton made eye contact with an Ole Miss assistant who offered encouragement that doubled as an order.

"Go win it," he said. "Go win it all."

Newton's response? He simply mouthed "Thank you."

Then he nodded like a man who believes he just might
."

That's a coach, an SEC coach, that recognizes what a special talent Cam is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions