Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Complete ass whipping!

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Complete ass whipping!
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 11:54:24 AM »
he let Dyer and McCalebb run them ragged.

And run Ole Miss ragged they did. It was a bootiful thing to watch. We all know Ontario has some speed but I tell Dyer gotz him some jets too. Those short rhino legs were kicking up dirt.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »
And Lutz too.  And the WRs have enabled many long runs with their blocking.
[/quot
And run Ole Miss ragged they did. It was a bootiful thing to watch. We all know Ontario has some speed but I tell Dyer gotz him some jets too. Those short rhino legs were kicking up dirt.

Washington as fast?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 12:06:57 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen a bigger beatdown by the quote function.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2010, 12:21:01 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen a bigger beatdown by the quote function.
Perhaps but I keep at it as if it never existed because I'm ambivalent to such parameters being admitedly web-challenged and it's understood that I phuck up occaisionally anyway being so strange. I make my points w/o the hair splitting tactics and poop. Nothing to prove.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 12:24:38 PM »
Washington as fast? Yes Washington is a fast cat too. We're on a roll here with the quote function.:thumsup:

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 12:26:02 PM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 12:32:49 PM »

Yes. even now the quote function is a hurdle. With good wheels Reed was supposedly the fastest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 12:33:52 PM »
Silly chick comment here - before you flame me, please remember that I never played a down of organized football, and playcalling and schemes are a bit beyond me since I have never studied them in detail.  I am not an X and O kind of girl (except XXOXOXOOX... :)) I do love reading threads like some of you have posted where you dissect the plays - I learn a lot.

But one thing I have noticed as a casual student of the game this year is that no two games we have played look the same.  One is all Cam running, another is all Cam passing, another is Cam passing with O and Dyer running, another has Adams as primary receiver, another has Blake... and not only is every week different, but we are getting better and better and better and stronger and stronger as the weeks roll by.  In the past, by game 7 or 8, even I have pretty much been able to call the plays based on the previous weeks.  Not this year.  Every game shows something completely new and different, or vastly expanded over previous weeks, or incredibly improved over previous weeks.  And I love it.  It's not just "Here's what we do - here's what you do - we are just gonna do what we do better than what you can do, past your abillity to stop us, so bring it..."  It's more like "Well, we can do this or this or this or this... so which one can you defend, big man?  Guess what?  If you stop A, we still have B and C and D..."

I realize that you have to taper your game plan to what you think your opponent will throw at you - but what I love is the thought that opposing D coordinators have to be losing sleep trying to figure out how to defend against Auburn every week, knowing that we have an answer to everything that has been tried so far.  There are only so many ways to defend - and up to this point, Auburn has taken care of business.

I know, nothing earthshattering to all of you guys - but this has been the most exciting year of Auburn football in my lifetime, and I am soaking it in, just full of amazement. I cannot WAIT for each Saturday to see what new look Gus pulls out of his hip pocket.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2010, 12:52:05 PM »
Silly chick comment here - before you flame me, please remember that I never played a down of organized football, and playcalling and schemes are a bit beyond me since I have never studied them in detail.  I am not an X and O kind of girl (except XXOXOXOOX... :)) I do love reading threads like some of you have posted where you dissect the plays - I learn a lot.

But one thing I have noticed as a casual student of the game this year is that no two games we have played look the same.  One is all Cam running, another is all Cam passing, another is Cam passing with O and Dyer running, another has Adams as primary receiver, another has Blake... and not only is every week different, but we are getting better and better and better and stronger and stronger as the weeks roll by.  In the past, by game 7 or 8, even I have pretty much been able to call the plays based on the previous weeks.  Not this year.  Every game shows something completely new and different, or vastly expanded over previous weeks, or incredibly improved over previous weeks.  And I love it.  It's not just "Here's what we do - here's what you do - we are just gonna do what we do better than what you can do, past your abillity to stop us, so bring it..."  It's more like "Well, we can do this or this or this or this... so which one can you defend, big man?  Guess what?  If you stop A, we still have B and C and D..."

I realize that you have to taper your game plan to what you think your opponent will throw at you - but what I love is the thought that opposing D coordinators have to be losing sleep trying to figure out how to defend against Auburn every week, knowing that we have an answer to everything that has been tried so far.  There are only so many ways to defend - and up to this point, Auburn has taken care of business.

I know, nothing earthshattering to all of you guys - but this has been the most exciting year of Auburn football in my lifetime, and I am soaking it in, just full of amazement. I cannot WAIT for each Saturday to see what new look Gus pulls out of his hip pocket.
I just think Cam gives Malzahn the diversity we have been lacking and the coaches are able to contour a plan to fit the opponent and shift gears when we make mistakes, not presuming to know what Gus is up to. And I still think he hangs around at Auburn a number of years because he is allowed to work his magic unimpeded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2010, 12:52:51 PM »

TW, Malzahn and Chizik didn't REALLY know what they had in Newton until they started playing since they didn't go full speed hitting in practice.  We were still trying to be a balanced run/play action team up until the USCe game.

Malzahn then installed a LOT more option, where Cam had the green light to run the ball if he got the read.  Took teams a few games to catch up to it, but the problem is, when you adjust to stop Cam, you leave another run option open, or rather still have to defend it too.  And we can throw the ball as well.

I keep hearing people say: "If cam goes down, y'all are fucked".  Well, probably true, but I don't think it would be the complete implosion folks think it would be.  The offense would revert back to what we had last year, which wasn't bad, just wasn't always there in every quarter of every game.  Hopefully we won't have to find out.  Last night, Malzahn ran the same stuff he ran with Todd last year...very little option, lots of power run, and play action off it.  If Trotter had to take over, he'd be rusty, and inexperienced, but Malzahn would revert to what we did without a run threat QB...we'd still have Dyer and McCaleb, and the passing game, still a great OL, and good WRs, but our current identity with Newton is an option based offense, and that's very hard to defend when you have more than one weapon, and a good OL...it creates lots of one on one tackling situations no matter who runs the ball, and if one man misses, it's a big play. 

Your grasp of what we're doing is pretty damn solid too.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 12:55:45 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2010, 01:02:02 PM »
  If Trotter had to take over, he'd be rusty, and inexperienced, but Malzahn would revert to what we did without a run threat QB...we'd still have Dyer and McCaleb, and the passing game, still a great OL, and good WRs, but our current identity with Newton is an option based offense, and that's very hard to defend when you have more than one weapon, and a good OL...it creates lots of one on one tackling situations no matter who runs the ball, and if one man misses, it's a big play. 

Your grasp of what we're doing is pretty damn solid too.
To me, the experienced O line is a HUGE part of our success - the pulling across the line and some solid blocks by some huge men is giving Cam and O and Dyer the opportunity to be the studs they are.  Being a stud is nothing unless you have a wide open lane to run through. 

I hope Trotter sees AT LEAST three solid quarters of play next week, and that we rest the O line boys as well - I want second teamers to see as many snaps as possible.  To me, having UTC is better than a bye week.  Coming into Amen Corner, we need to have all hands on deck, ready to play when/if needed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2010, 01:13:28 PM »
To me, having UTC is better than a bye week.  Coming into Amen Corner, we need to have all hands on deck, ready to play when/if needed.

Good point. I'm thinking keep the motor running just a little but enough to be on cruise control. The backups should get plenty of show time. Just think, after we get Georgia we do get a bye week. Our boys need some rest before the grand finale.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2010, 01:26:59 PM »
Good point. I'm thinking keep the motor running just a little but enough to be on cruise control. The backups should get plenty of show time. Just think, after we get Georgia we do get a bye week. Our boys need some rest before the grand finale.
Only I haven't seen any continuity without the bulk of the starting o-line in there to enable Trotter to do his thing properly and not get rung-up as with last night late in mop-up duty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2010, 02:04:16 PM »
Only I haven't seen any continuity without the bulk of the starting o-line in there to enable Trotter to do his thing properly and not get rung-up as with last night late in mop-up duty.

He did pretty good against th Warhawks I thought. I'm sure this will be a similar type game for our starters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2010, 02:22:58 PM »

The only time the back OL has played is in mop up duty.  I wouldn't expect anything different.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2010, 03:45:14 PM »
Speaking of UT Chat...they played SPuat in '09 and Oklahoma in '08.  What do SPuat and Oklahoma have in common, the last two years?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2010, 04:08:11 PM »
Speaking of UT Chat...they played SPuat in '09 and Oklahoma in '08.  What do SPuat and Oklahoma have in common, the last two years?
Overblown egos?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2010, 04:09:24 PM »
Asshole head coaches?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

auburnredwing

• The Resident Mexican
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2010, 06:52:27 PM »
Rws had to watch these games on tv, instead of being there.  Then again this could be said about every game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2010, 06:57:21 PM »
yes, all that and they both wear a shade of red plus they've both made it to the BCS Championship Game this same year they've played UT-C....Crazy huh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs