Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Do these people not realize what they've done?

Do these people not realize what they've done?
« on: November 04, 2010, 11:39:47 PM »
Now Cam Newton is going to be angry. 

And you wouldn't like him when he's angry.... :hulk:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

Re: Do these people not realize what they've done?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 11:44:18 PM »
Now Cam Newton is going to be angry. 

And you wouldn't like him when he's angry.... :hulk:
It's true TH, they wouldn't let well enough alone which really sounds stupid when you actually repeat the words slowly.
But yeah, everybody's phuked.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:33:18 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 08:00:31 AM »
I think some of this hate from bama folks may stem from them thinking we know how to shop better. 

Imagine you have been paying 200k for fat Memphis linemen that never make an impact.  God only knows what they may have had to pay to get the credentials of no losses since eighth grade in a QB and now that shit is just gone. 

I see where the hate comes from.  These are difficult economic times.  One must get the most bang for the buck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 09:39:47 AM »
I just gonna say that yes I am concerned. Not so much about the actual allegations but more so on the distraction that this may be causing for the football team. I am not going to question the mentality or the determination of this Auburn team. They have already show that they can overcome adversity on the football field. Its damn unfortunate now they have to overcome adversity in the media across the country. Not too many teams out there have to overcome this kind of shit and go on to win the NC. Its gut check time on a big time level for this team. I am concerned yes, but I do believe this team has the unity and spirit to overcome. The only thing they can do about all this is to remain focus and take care of business on the football field and what a better way then to take this sumbitch all the way to Glendale and kick some f'n ass!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 10:03:55 AM »
I just gonna say that yes I am concerned. Not so much about the actual allegations but more so on the distraction that this may be causing for the football team. I am not going to question the mentality or the determination of this Auburn team. They have already show that they can overcome adversity on the football field. Its damn unfortunate now they have to overcome adversity in the media across the country. Not too many teams out there have to overcome this kind of shit and go on to win the NC. Its gut check time on a big time level for this team. I am concerned yes, but I do believe this team has the unity and spirit to overcome. The only thing they can do about all this is to remain focus and take care of business on the football field and what a better way then to take this sumbitch all the way to Glendale and kick some f'n ass!

It could become a terrible distraction.

I'll go full  :bamahomer:, though, and declare that this will further unify the team with an "us against the world" mentality.

Woodshed beatings for all remaining opponents.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 10:09:03 AM »

I'll go full  :bamahomer:, though, and declare that this will further unify the team with an "us against the world" mentality.

Cam Newton turned me into a newt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 10:09:55 AM »

Starting with the ChattMocs tomorrow at high noon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 10:10:14 AM »

Im feeling that 100%!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 10:15:44 AM »
Cam Newton turned me into a newt

I got betta.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 11:19:17 AM »
Im feeling that 100%!
Can Chattanooga please forfeit? I want them out of the way so Auburn can whitewash Georgia, Alabama, the SEC East representative and Oregon, in that order. I have resigned myself to the fact that the Heisman Trophy talk will continue, but that my guy could put up as much as two-thousand total yards before the SEC Championship Game only to fall short in the eyes of the voters in the final tally. There is really nothing positive that can happen for anyone connected with Auburn in the aftermath of this wreckage aside from anihilating every team that stands in it's way. The speculation will continue regardless of the truth.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 11:21:52 AM »

According to those that have heard Chiz address this with the team, that's exactly the tact they're taking.  "We did nothing wrong, this team need to unify behind this, and kick ass".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 11:41:15 AM »
Can Chattanooga please forfeit? I want them out of the way so Auburn can whitewash Georgia, Alabama, the SEC East representative and Oregon, in that order. I have resigned myself to the fact that the Heisman Trophy talk will continue, but that my guy could put up as much as two-thousand total yards before the SEC Championship Game only to fall short in the eyes of the voters in the final tally. There is really nothing positive that can happen for anyone connected with Auburn in the aftermath of this wreckage aside from anihilating every team that stands in it's way. The speculation will continue regardless of the truth.
What pisses me off about the whole thing is that even if Cam now slips in and gets the Heisman, it will be tainted. I was excited about the possibility of him having an unbreakable record for the widest margin of victory in Heisman history. The last couple of weekly votes, prior to this bullshit, saw 100% of the "experts" putting Cam 1st. It was the biggest lock ever by this point in the season. Kiss that goodbye. It will be a real struggle now even if all of this is somehow absolved in the next month...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 01:04:24 PM »
What pisses me off about the whole thing is that even if Cam now slips in and gets the Heisman, it will be tainted. I was excited about the possibility of him having an unbreakable record for the widest margin of victory in Heisman history. The last couple of weekly votes, prior to this bullshit, saw 100% of the "experts" putting Cam 1st. It was the biggest lock ever by this point in the season. Kiss that goodbye. It will be a real struggle now even if all of this is somehow absolved in the next month...

Just so you are aware, the Heisman has been tainted since Peyton Manning was passed over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 01:07:13 PM »
Just so you are aware, the Heisman has been tainted since Peyton Manning was passed over.
Don't lie...you love taint
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 01:07:30 PM »

I thought Taylor already called the taint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 01:11:56 PM »

Correct.......and then the award was irrevocably tarnished and degraded in 2002 when the NYC Downtown Athletic Club declared bankruptcy and handed control of the award over to "The Heisman Trust"..........read that as media and other unsavory folks...........basically the award became an extension of the AP poll.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 01:31:05 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 01:32:08 PM »

^^This^^

back on topic......Cam will not be merciful these next few weeks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 01:36:15 PM »
I fear...we have awakened a sleeping giant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 01:37:06 PM »
True, but on the subject of tainting the Heisman...

I've heard all this bullshit from Heisman voters about how their vote from 2004 didn't count, and they don't want that to happen again.

So what happens when all of this blows over and it is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that this Powers guy was 100% full of shit?

So now they have to look back and realize that they skipped over the biggest lock in Heisman history on the field for some douche like Kellen Moore because of some stupid irrational witch hunt based 0% in fact?

That'll look good in the rearview mirror...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions