Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Urban Meyer: "It's really hard" to watch Cam Newton

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Urban Meyer: "It's really hard" to watch Cam Newton
« on: October 26, 2010, 02:00:50 PM »
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-10-25/sports/os-florida-meyer-comments-1025-20101025_1_urban-meyer-auburn-s-cam-newton-bcs-standings

Urban Meyer says it's "hard" to watch Auburn's Cam Newton
Florida coach Urban Meyer doesn't have time to watch former player, Heisman candidate Cam Newton
October 25, 2010|By Rachel George, Orlando Sentinel
GAINESVILLE –

Asked about Auburn QB Cam Newton on Monday, Florida coach Urban Meyer said "it's really hard," to watch his former player.

Whether he meant that it's difficult to see Newton doing so well or hard to find time to watch other college games is unclear.

"It's really hard. I'll tell you that. I don't watch much of it," Meyer said in his weekly press conference. "I just think he's a really good player. And I'm trying to watch more of the teams that we play, so I spent my time watching more of the other ones we're going to play."

The Gators (4-3, 2-3 SEC) are struggling after a three-game losing streak but remain in contention in the SEC Eastern Division. Newton, meanwhile, is the leading Heisman candidate and has Auburn (8-0) atop the BCS standings.

Newton left Florida in 2008 while under suspension in connection with his possession of a stolen laptop.

Asked by the Sentinel, a UF spokesman clarified that Meyer meant it is difficult to find time to watch other games.

Meyer has praised Newton's play earlier this season. Meyer said on Oct. 14 that he wouldn't have done anything different in dealing with Newton's suspension and transfer. "Uh, no. No. Tough situation," he said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Re: Urban Meyer: "It's really hard" to watch Cam Newton
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 02:02:05 PM »
He's too busy watching the goings on over at www.fireurbanmeyer.com to pay attention to Cam
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Urban Meyer: "It's really hard" to watch Cam Newton
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 02:03:40 PM »
I imagine Brantley's going, "Hey Corch, thanks for that glowing vote of confidence. I'm ready to run through a wall for ya'....really, I am....assmunch".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."