Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Real Heroes

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
The Real Heroes
« on: October 18, 2010, 01:56:49 PM »
Cam Newton is obviously the real deal as a runner.  Freak of nature at 6'6" 250 and long strides.  Great instincts in the open field, knows when to bail and hit the dirt and knows when to mack truck a bitch.  His passing seems to be improving but he's still shakey in the decision making department IMO.  It's the threat of the run that seems to open up his passing game.  But who needs to pass when you can drop 65 points on an SEC team with only 14 passes? 

That being said, whenever we see him take off up the middle and start juking hapless defensive backs who are praying for that juke as opposed to a shoulder, have you noticed the size of the holes that Mr. Newton is consistently running through?  Think about his runs.  Does he ever get initial contact by a lineman?  Rarely!!  He's always semingly 5 yards past the line of scrimmage before anyone comes up to meet him.  That's not Cam being Superman.  That's a senior dominated offensive line that has been together for years. With the exception of Mosely, who is filling in at the only position that had to replaced on the line this year, this line is made up completely of seniors.  All these guys have been beside each other for at least 3 years now.

Ryan Pugh
Lee Ziemba
Byron Isom
Mike Berry

And don't forget the one guy who has basically been asked to sacrifice all the offensive production he had last year and could be providing this year, 240 pound Eric Smith.  This guy has basically been asked to do nothing but crush people and he has done it quite well.  Hopefully, Cam will be back next year.  But don't look for Superman type stas in 2011 unless they find 4 guys to replace one of the best O-lines in the country.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: The Real Heroes
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 02:32:28 PM »
Well, when Ziemba walks the sidelines pumping up this offense demanding this team goes out and wins the game against KY by putting together a dominating drive says a lot. They did just that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 02:33:42 PM »
Well, when Ziemba walks the sidelines pumping up this offense demanding this team goes out and wins the game against KY by putting together a dominating drive says a lot. They did just that.

Was he the first one to get there?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 02:43:45 PM »
Was he the first one to get there?

:rimshot:

On the other side of it, did anyone notice Cam coming off the field every time after a TD and getting in the defenses face.  He didn't look happy to be honest witchu.  He probably was just giving them the fired up rah-rah shit but his face was saying, "Now do something or Cam's gonna' have to truck a bitch".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 02:54:17 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 08:52:40 AM »
Cam Newton is obviously the real deal as a runner.  Freak of nature at 6'6" 250 and long strides.  Great instincts in the open field, knows when to bail and hit the dirt and knows when to mack truck a bitch.  His passing seems to be improving but he's still shakey in the decision making department IMO.  It's the threat of the run that seems to open up his passing game.  But who needs to pass when you can drop 65 points on an SEC team with only 14 passes? 

That being said, whenever we see him take off up the middle and start juking hapless defensive backs who are praying for that juke as opposed to a shoulder, have you noticed the size of the holes that Mr. Newton is consistently running through?  Think about his runs.  Does he ever get initial contact by a lineman?  Rarely!!  He's always semingly 5 yards past the line of scrimmage before anyone comes up to meet him.  That's not Cam being Superman.  That's a senior dominated offensive line that has been together for years. With the exception of Mosely, who is filling in at the only position that had to replaced on the line this year, this line is made up completely of seniors.  All these guys have been beside each other for at least 3 years now.

Ryan Pugh
Lee Ziemba
Byron Isom
Mike Berry

And don't forget the one guy who has basically been asked to sacrifice all the offensive production he had last year and could be providing this year, 240 pound Eric Smith.  This guy has basically been asked to do nothing but crush people and he has done it quite well.  Hopefully, Cam will be back next year.  But don't look for Superman type stas in 2011 unless they find 4 guys to replace one of the best O-lines in the country.

This was a great post, and I found a great video to go with it. They are in Tackle Over Left with Mosley lined up next to the LG and Ziemba next to Mosley.  Ziemba CRUSHES a LB taking out another LB in the process.  Brandon Mosley collapsed his man down, and Eric Smith stunned his man with a jarring block too.  Isom, who was in the backfield to lead block didn't have to block anybody, and Cam flew...again...but the fact is, you could have driven a Mack Truck through the hole.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 09:53:42 AM »
I just wanted to comment in this thread because our OL is playing their ass off. Cam is a hell of a player and can make things happen at any time. Cam could get some good yards without a quality OL leading the way. HOWEVER, he COULD NOT get over 200 yards against defensive team full of pro prospects without the OL kicking ass. And they are. Hell guys, This LSU team was only given up 86 yards rushing a game. Auburn had 3 guys that went over that Saturday. FUCKING THREE!!! If that is not a testament to the big nasties up front, I don't know what is. I am not sure where this team would be without Cam...but I am also not sure where Cam would be without these guys blocking for him.

Also, as a former WR, I have to give a big shout out to Auburn's WR's also. Those guys stay on their blocks better than any team I have seen. No one touched McCalleb (obviously haha) on his long run to put away the game. Great blocking up front. Isom pulled around and blew up the LB, and the secondary was tied up with the WR's. That play was the epitome of what Auburn has been doing so great all year.

And fucking Mosely has stepped up huge.

This team has got something special. It is a true "team" in every sense. I hope that the coaches can keep them grounded and we keep improving on a week to week basis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 10:06:38 AM »
I just wanted to comment in this thread because our OL is playing their ass off. Cam is a hell of a player and can make things happen at any time. Cam could get some good yards without a quality OL leading the way. HOWEVER, he COULD NOT get over 200 yards against defensive team full of pro prospects without the OL kicking ass. And they are. Hell guys, This LSU team was only given up 86 yards rushing a game. Auburn had 3 guys that went over that Saturday. FUCKING THREE!!! If that is not a testament to the big nasties up front, I don't know what is. I am not sure where this team would be without Cam...but I am also not sure where Cam would be without these guys blocking for him.

Also, as a former WR, I have to give a big shout out to Auburn's WR's also. Those guys stay on their blocks better than any team I have seen. No one touched McCalleb (obviously haha) on his long run to put away the game. Great blocking up front. Isom pulled around and blew up the LB, and the secondary was tied up with the WR's. That play was the epitome of what Auburn has been doing so great all year.

And fucking Mosely has stepped up huge.

This team has got something special. It is a true "team" in every sense. I hope that the coaches can keep them grounded and we keep improving on a week to week basis.

^^this!

Gonna add, that Eric Smith and Lutzenkirchen are not getting many props either, but both are blocking machines.  I even have to mention Fannin in this regard too...bad as he as fumbling the ball, he's a devastating blocker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 10:12:12 AM »
^^this!

Gonna add, that Eric Smith and Lutzenkirchen are not getting many props either, but both are blocking machines.  I even have to mention Fannin in this regard too...bad as he as fumbling the ball, he's a devastating blocker.

Them too. I forgot Smith but damn he has been good. He will play FB at the next level at the rate he is going. A devistating blocker that has good hands...yeah, he's got a chance to play in the league...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 10:26:57 AM »
Them too. I forgot Smith but damn he has been good. He will play FB at the next level at the rate he is going. A devistating blocker that has good hands...yeah, he's got a chance to play in the league...

You know how some times during the game, you try to predict what they're going to call.  There was one point where I said, this would be a perfect time for a pass to Lutzenfruchenstein...so I focused on him the next play.  As usual, I was wrong.  However, in focusing on him for that play, I saw him lock up on the defensive end and just stonewall that mofo.  The DE took 2 steps and bang, he went nowhere from that point on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 10:58:30 AM »
You know how some times during the game, you try to predict what they're going to call.  There was one point where I said, this would be a perfect time for a pass to Lutzenfruchenstein...so I focused on him the next play.  As usual, I was wrong.  However, in focusing on him for that play, I saw him lock up on the defensive end and just stonewall that mofo.  The DE took 2 steps and bang, he went nowhere from that point on.
Lutzenchicken's one handed catch was finer than frog hair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 10:59:10 AM »
Lutzenchicken's one handed catch was finer than frog hair.

I came.

A lot!

I can't stop cumming.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:00:35 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 11:03:02 AM »
I came.

A lot!

I can't stop cumming.
Everytime I watched the replay, I put my hands up and they stay there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 11:05:33 AM »
Everytime I watched the replay, I put my hands up and they stay there.

Cuz all I do is win!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 11:49:12 AM »