Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn offers #1 RB

Ogre

Auburn offers #1 RB
« on: March 13, 2008, 09:25:01 AM »
I just saw where Auburn has offered Cierre Wood, the nation's #1 running back for 2009, a scholarship.  He's rated the #3 overall prospect in the nation, and he says he'll give us a serious look.  Seems Tuberville has taken a more national approach to recruiting this year.  He's offered kids in Texas and now California.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Auburn offers #1 RB
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 09:34:12 AM »
Cause he knowed the Sabanater done got th whole state of alerbammer locked down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 10:45:23 AM »
Cause he knowed the Sabanater done got th whole state of alerbammer locked down.
Stop thinking locally...and start thinking GLOOOOoobally.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 10:07:54 PM »
Meh.  I don't know, guys.  I like the attitude that Tuberville's showing, but do we really have a chance at this kid?  I'm just wondering what's the point? 

Maybe he's shown a serious interest in Auburn and the coaches are acting on it. 

The glass is half empty by the way. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 07:37:49 AM »

because I drank out of it.  Sorry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Ogre

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 09:01:40 AM »
Meh.  I don't know, guys.  I like the attitude that Tuberville's showing, but do we really have a chance at this kid?  I'm just wondering what's the point? 

Maybe he's shown a serious interest in Auburn and the coaches are acting on it. 

Apparently one of the draws is that Auburn has a great Engineering school, and that's what he wants to major in.  That, and we also have a pesky habit of putting RB's in the NFL.  He had some good things to say about us, but it wouldn't shock me if he stayed in Cali and went to USC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 09:02:59 AM »
Apparently one of the draws is that Auburn has a great Engineering school, and that's what he wants to major in.  That, and we also have a pesky habit of putting RB's in the NFL.  He had some good things to say about us, but it wouldn't shock me if he stayed in Cali and went to USC.
With all the controversy swirling around the Petey Carroll camp, this may be the year to put on the full blitz though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 01:36:54 PM »
Won't you guys be throwing to the RB's a lot more, to get them touches, since your won't be running it as much? I'm sure it will be decently balanced, probably not a lot of I sets, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 01:57:36 PM »
Won't you guys be throwing to the RB's a lot more, to get them touches, since your won't be running it as much? I'm sure it will be decently balanced, probably not a lot of I sets, right?

That seems to be general consensus although I think it still has to be proven that it will happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Ogre

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 01:58:53 PM »

From what I can tell, this is true.  Tuberville swears we'll still have a power running game, but everything I've seen about Franklin's offense suggests we'll be slinging it all over the field.  CTF even said 'we'll be using the pass to set up the run', which is a departure from Auburn's offensive style for the last, um, 120 years or so.  As long as we put points on the board, I don't care how we get to the endzone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 03:08:00 PM »

Wait..he wants to major in Engineering?   Ummmm...can you do that AND play football for Auburn?  There's a few professors I can recommend for him that give "easy" tests, if need be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 04:01:19 PM »
Wait..he wants to major in Engineering?   Ummmm...can you do that AND play football for Auburn?  There's a few professors I can recommend for him that give "easy" tests, if need be.

I can tell him which ones to stay away from cause I had every one of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 05:04:50 PM »
I can tell him which ones to stay away from cause I had every one of them.
Had them in what way?  You slut!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 07:29:04 PM »
How many stars does he have?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 09:33:05 AM »
It didn't say in the article I read, but I would assume he'd be a 5 star.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 02:20:51 PM »
That would be great to sign the #1 rb in the nation, but even if we don't just being in his top 3 will bring great publicity to hs juniors. Remember Willie Williams and Antone Smith, we were close to getting both. The next year we signed Tray Blackmon and couple years later Ben Tate, Mario Fannin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Aubie16

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 03:35:15 PM »
That would be great to sign the #1 rb in the nation, but even if we don't just being in his top 3 will bring great publicity to hs juniors. Remember Willie Williams and Antone Smith, we were close to getting both. The next year we signed Tray Blackmon and couple years later Ben Tate, Mario Fannin.

Antone Smith cost himself millions by not signing with Auburn. Florida St. has long been a graveyard for tailbacks.

I'm not sure he would have been a superstar at Auburn...but he certainly would have had a better career than he has at FSU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Jumbo

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 03:51:37 PM »
Antone Smith cost himself millions by not signing with Auburn. Florida St. has long been a graveyard for tailbacks.

I'm not sure he would have been a superstar at Auburn...but he certainly would have had a better career than he has at FSU.
I agree he would have been a star at Auburn, he will be a good pro, your right talent goes to Fsu to die.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 07:28:34 PM »

Yeah, but perhaps he made himself thousands by signing with them?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 10:10:16 PM »
Yeah, but perhaps he made himself thousands by signing with them?
Good Point :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions