Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Woodbery Arrested for DUI

Woodbery Arrested for DUI
« on: October 22, 2010, 09:54:58 AM »
Looks like The Lovliest Village's favorite beat writer  :taunt: started a little early this week...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/10/press-register_reporter_charge.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

AUBURN, Alabama -- Press-Register Auburn Bureau Reporter Evan Woodbery was arrested early Wednesday morning in Auburn and charged with driving under the influence. He was released early Thursday morning.

"This is an issue we take very seriously," said Press-Register Editor Mike Marshall. "Evan returned to duty Thursday, and we will be working with him in the days ahead to address this problem."

Woodbery has been covering Auburn University sports for the Press-Register since 2004.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

Re: Woodbery Arrested for DUI
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 10:10:56 AM »
I wonder if he was in my old cell block in the Auburn City Jail?  One of the best-worst times of my life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 10:14:43 AM »
I wonder if he was in my old cell block in the Auburn City Jail?  One of the best-worst times of my life.

Still can't believe your roommate wouldn't come get you out!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Ogre

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 10:18:51 AM »
Still can't believe your roommate wouldn't come get you out!

Yeah - neither would my next-door neighbor (Yoda).  Sorry fuckers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 10:23:43 AM »
Yeah - neither would my next-door neighbor (Yoda).  Sorry fuckers.

Maybe they were doing something else together that precluded them from making it to the station.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 10:24:54 AM »
One of our friends got popped by the Opelika PD and called us to come get him out.  We drove over in teh wee hours of the morning and walked back to the cell.  Dude looked like one whipped puppy.  He said "Thank God you're here."  His roommate took one look at him and went...

:haha:

He turned to us and said, "Let's go."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 10:26:21 AM »
One of our friends got popped by the Opelika PD and called us to come get him out.  We drove over in teh wee hours of the morning and walked back to the cell.  Dude looked like one whipped puppy.  He said "Thank God you're here."  His roommate took one look at him and went...

:haha:

He turned to us and said, "Let's go."

That motherfucker would have toted an ass whoopin' when I finally did get out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 10:29:12 AM »
That motherfucker would have toted an ass whoopin' when I finally did get out.

They were 3 friends of ours living in a trailer out in my home park...Gentilly bitches.  We'd go over there just to watch them beat the shit out of each other.  School was not real high on their priority list.  Getting high was definitely in the top 1.

He did go back and get him out, though.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 10:30:43 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 10:48:47 AM »
Maybe they were doing something else together that precluded them from making it to the station.

crossing light sabers while watching bobby cox tributes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 10:52:20 AM »
crossing light sabers while watching bobby cox tributes.

No doubt there were probably both wearing Greg Maddox Halloween outfits as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 10:56:47 AM »
No doubt there were probably both wearing Greg Maddox Halloween outfits as well.

Chicks dig the long ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 10:57:46 AM »
Chicks dig the long ball.

Yea but do they dig the Long Duc Dong?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 11:01:22 AM »
You can almost bet that somehow this will turn into an Auburn recruiting violation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 11:07:21 AM »
I worked at East Alabama Medical Center when I was at school. Knew all the Popo. Had a Get-Out-of-Jail-free card for two years.

Of course they did handcuff me to the rail on my front porch one night. Had to piss myself.

More than once.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 11:19:56 AM »
Yea but do they dig the Long Duc Dong?

He was wearing a stripe shirt and check pants......No, he's not retarded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 11:26:21 AM »
Me and some buddies headed to the club in B'ham, The Industry. I couldn't find my license anywhere so I sat in the car waiting for one of my buddies to bring me out an armband. As I was waiting, I watched two drunk guys getting arrested, tall son of a guns. The cop saw me and asked me wzup so I told him minus the armband part. He searched the car, low and behold an empty beer bottle that the dummy of the bunch (not me) left in the car. I was arrested and crammed into the backseat with the tall fuckers. I had the key in the ignition listening to the radio with an empty beer bottle is why I was arrested. Oh, there was a lady riding shotgun that was writing a book. I had some nice words to contribute.

My buddies never came and got me. Well, my dad and I wasn't the best of friends at the time but he was the one that came and got me out. When we left, he went two blocks down the road, bought some Coors Original and we commenced to drinking on the way home. That was cool.

Side note: Birmingham City Jail sux ass!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:29:14 AM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 11:45:49 AM »
To steer this back on topic:

Maybe they'll actually get an Auburn Beat Writer who's actually an Auburn fan/graduate to replace him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 11:48:52 AM »

Maybe they'll actually get an Auburn Beat Writer who's actually an Auburn fan/graduate to replace him?

As long as he does his job, I don't care.  A beat writer has to have somewhat of a "home team" slant to what he does, but still needs to be a journalist first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 11:54:18 AM »

A lot of the times him and Goldberg with write about the same stuff. I usually read Goldbergs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 12:02:03 PM »
As long as he does his job, I don't care.  A beat writer has to have somewhat of a "home team" slant to what he does, but still needs to be a journalist first.
Exactly. His job is to have a home team slant. He does not. He takes joy in announcing any bad news about Auburn.

He turned us in to the NCAA for the Big Cat Weekend "violations". He is a bammer graduate and fan.

He's not on our side. He should not be our beat writer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions