No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: It has already started...dem woopigs
« Reply #141 on: October 17, 2010, 09:33:24 AM »
Titz, great game. That backup Qb scared the shit out of me hitting 14 in a row. I went over to Woopig and it's crazy over there, threads about leaving the Sec-Petrino to Lsu?

Holy cow, your right. Its madness over there. I though about commenting for a moment but then thought better of it. They might try to hunt me down and sacrifice my first born to the pig gods.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #142 on: October 17, 2010, 10:35:11 AM »
Damn WE!, this is absolutely priceless!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:39:30 AM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #143 on: October 17, 2010, 05:38:24 PM »
What is funny to me, is they can't stop talking about the TD that wasn't.  I agree 100% that Fannin did not score, but shit we beat them by 22, I really don't think in the end that the play mattered but I guess you have to complain about something.

Not to mention that their TD on the PI call (which gave them a 1st and down at the goal) was complete and utter bullshit.  There were bad calls on both sides of the ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

« Reply #144 on: October 17, 2010, 05:59:59 PM »
Agreed GF. There is like 5 pages and 3 threads about this. Sounds a lot like bammer bullshit to me. Excuses, excuses, there is no possible way Auburn is a better team and took care of business. That was a shitty call concerning the Fannins TD, but we scored 65 points.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #145 on: October 17, 2010, 06:01:34 PM »
What is funny to me, is they can't stop talking about the TD that wasn't.  I agree 100% that Fannin did not score, but shit we beat them by 22, I really don't think in the end that the play mattered but I guess you have to complain about something.

Not to mention that their TD on the PI call (which gave them a 1st and down at the goal) was complete and utter bullshit.  There were bad calls on both sides of the ball.

Not to mention the spot on that 4th down conversion too. Plus the holding call on our first drive. There were bad calls on both sides.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #146 on: October 17, 2010, 06:27:32 PM »
Agreed GF. There is like 5 pages and 3 threads about this. Sounds a lot like bammer bullshit to me. Excuses, excuses, there is no possible way Auburn is a better team and took care of business. That was a shitty call concerning the Fannins TD, but we scored 65 points.

Probably Auburn would have won anyway, but the bad thing about the two fumbles were in both cases the play resulted in touchdowns.  Not only do we lose the ball, but lost the points as well, kind of a double whammy.   
     The first call was the worst, mainly because of the conference where the zebras decided the ruling on the field was a touchdown, even though no one signaled it and the line judge standing right there called it a fumble.  But the second was the killer because we were moving the ball easily and had a chance to get the lead back.  Afterwards you could tell the wind was out of the sails, the hogs started pressing and making bad throws over the middle. 
     In the end there's no crying in football.  It is obvious after last year and now this game that the refs are going to give the Micheal Jordan treatment to undefeated teams, especially at home.  Arkansas is just going to have to improve to a point where we are one of the undefeated teams being protected.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #147 on: October 17, 2010, 06:48:22 PM »
     Probably Auburn would have won anyway, but the bad thing about the two fumbles were in both cases the play resulted in touchdowns.  Not only do we lose the ball, but lost the points as well, kind of a double whammy.   
     The first call was the worst, mainly because of the conference where the zebras decided the ruling on the field was a touchdown, even though no one signaled it and the line judge standing right there called it a fumble.  But the second was the killer because we were moving the ball easily and had a chance to get the lead back.  Afterwards you could tell the wind was out of the sails, the hogs started pressing and making bad throws over the middle. 
     In the end there's no crying in football.  It is obvious after last year and now this game that the refs are going to give the Micheal Jordan treatment to undefeated teams, especially at home.  Arkansas is just going to have to improve to a point where we are one of the undefeated teams being protected.
So you are saying that Auburn was being protected because they were undefeated?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #148 on: October 17, 2010, 06:53:23 PM »
:bs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #149 on: October 17, 2010, 06:55:27 PM »

Exactly.  There's still 8 points that we "earned legit".  All else about "the bad calls broke their will..."  "The bad calls changed the playcalling..", PLUS with that you have to speculate what would have happened, what Ark would have done or accomplished if the calls had been "gotten right".  The Fumble Return for a TD...made it an 8 point game with over 9 minutes left.  Ark had, on the previous 3 possessions, scored 21 points in about 6 minutes of clock time.  I seriously doubt Petrino went in to panic mode down by 8 with 9 minutes left, especially in light of the fact that they were running through our defense like shit through a goose.  AFTER that we picked 2 passes.  Who's to say that wouldn't have happened should the Ark fumble been ruled down.  Again, all else but what happened is speculation, and merely fodder for bammers on talk radio.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2010, 07:00:44 PM »
So you are saying that Auburn was being protected because they were undefeated?

That is what people all over the nation are starting to say per espn.  To each their own, I guess.  Arkansas is a damn fine team and have a very bright future with Wilson.  But regardless of what people say around the nation, we were the better team this year.  Just no way around that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's only when we've lost everything that we are free to do anything.

jmar

« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2010, 07:07:56 PM »
That is what people all over the nation are starting to say per espn.  To each their own, I guess.  Arkansas is a damn fine team and have a very bright future with Wilson.  But regardless of what people say around the nation, we were the better team this year.  Just no way around that.
Can sobbing be so loud in Arkansas that ESPN is actually able to detect it in it's studios? Can you name any of those making the claims because I've been watching the NFL?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2010, 07:12:42 PM »
Can sobbing be so loud in Arkansas that ESPN is actually able to detect it in it's studios? Can you name any of those making the claims because I've been watching the NFL?

From other boards I'm on, non football boards where people do talk football and are fans from all over...yeah, there's a line of thought in some quarters that the SEC protects it's unbeaten teams with biased refs for the good of the conference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2010, 07:15:29 PM »

Just one instance... Found this link from Tigerland.com
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/30113/what-we-learned-in-the-sec-week-7-2

The comments at the bottom, of course. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:16:28 PM by Keller »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's only when we've lost everything that we are free to do anything.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2010, 07:49:32 PM »

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2010, 09:33:44 PM »

In the end there's no crying in football.
Again, I am not disagreeing the first call was bogus, because in reality it was and I was telling my wife this at the time it happened. The second with the fumble, I do think that is the right call. I have watched it over again and I still think that was the right call. What I am saying though is there were two big calls against Auburn that kept Arkansas drives alive that resulted in TD's. Do I know for a fact that that Arkansas would not have scored anyway? Well considering it was the difference b/w punting and keeping a drive alive, I say no. I really don't think that Petrino pushed the panic button either because they were doing exactly what they had been doing previously and that was throwing the football.
Look, I am not going to excuse the sorry ass calls. I would rather see a ballgame that leaves no excuses. Unfortunately we have some calls that muddy the water for both teams. In the end though, you have to judge a game by what its worth and say that Auburn won this game legit over damn good Arkansas team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions