Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lou Holtz, Republican - UPDATE!!!

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Lou Holtz, Republican - UPDATE!!!
« on: October 06, 2010, 04:00:49 PM »
This is a fundraising letter, and is not a joke.  Read it out loud in the Loo Holtzth voice and it is much funnier.   :facepalm:

Dear Friend,

We are late into the fourth quarter of the midterm elections and the NRCC needs your immediate help to drive our Republican Party to Victory.

In case you don’t recognize me, my name is Lou Holtz and if my 40 years coaching college football taught me anything, it’s how to spot a winning team.

And I’m writing to tell you – Quarterbacked by John Boehner and Pete Sessions – our Republican Party has an excellent team of limited government, pro-freedom individuals ready to take the field in Washington and defeat the other team’s liberal agenda.

But they can’t find the End Zone without your support. With less than 28 days left until the election your support is needed. It may mean the difference between 38 seats and the majority.

You see, despite the slew of positive polls and media reports on our Party’s terrific chance to recapture the U.S. House majority, the truth is the ball is still on the 20-yard line with plenty of time left on the clock.

And the other team is fierce. They will say or spend anything to get another four downs to spend our money and strip away our freedoms that have made America a beacon of hope for 234 years.

My friend, YOU are the NRCC’s 12th man and they urgently need your help to win every U.S. House seat possible, fire Nancy Pelosi, and elect a Republican to the Speaker’s chair this November.

Please join me and help them by making a generous contribution of $39, $1 dollar for every seat needed create a NEW Republican Majority. Your support may mean the difference between 38 seats and the majority.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Lou Holtz,
Hall of Fame Coach

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 04:14:06 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Lou Holtz, Republican
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 04:02:25 PM »
I'm all of a sudden thinking of switching parties.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:00:26 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 04:02:38 PM »
Fuck...Holtz is a Republican...I'm going independent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

boartitz

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 07:46:24 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 11:01:48 PM »
Yeah, even the Republican Party has some idiots like Louth Holth, just not near as many nut jobs as the other party does, so I will not bail just yet. I am still waiting for the "Playoffs in the FBS" Party to get going so I can be a card carrying member of that party. I figured that would be soon since some members of Congress have already got their priorities straight and submitted bills to promote a playoff instead of wasting time on stupid things such as balancing the budget, protecting our borders, focusing on the war on terrorism, etc.

Seriously, I guess I would pick Lou over somebody like Pat Robertson to speak for the conservative viewpoint, though Lou using football as an analogy for everything would get real old real quick. I could hear his analogy for the abortion debate right now:
"An abortion is like the center snapping the ball before the quarterback is done with the snap count. The QB was not ready, so the play was not able to develop properly, thus the result was the play being mudered because of a penalty or loss of yardage...nothing good can come of ball being snapped before it is supposed to be."
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 11:09:13 PM by Ranger12 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 09:16:14 AM »
I could hear his analogy for the abortion debate right now:
"An abortion is like the center snapping the ball before the quarterback is done with the snap count. The QB was not ready, so the play was not able to develop properly, thus the result was the play being mudered because of a penalty or loss of yardage...nothing good can come of ball being snapped before it is supposed to be."
:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 11:29:16 PM »
Thank you. I am here the rest of the week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Lou Holtz, Republican - UPDATE!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 04:15:04 PM »
Hope you enjoyed THIS letter... it'll be the last one...

If you missed ESPN's Lou Holtz's testy plea for donations for the Republican National Congressional Committee, don't expect another. Said ESPN's Mike Soltys: "We have discussed this with him and he will not be involved in any future similar efforts." Sounds like ESPN is being run by Democrats. Or at least Democrats as Holtz describes them. In his fundraising letter, Holtz suggests congressional Democrats "will say or spend anything to get another four downs to spend our money and strip away our freedoms that have made America a beacon of hope for 234 years." The sports business, generally, winces when its personalities are publicly partisan in part because it's selling an escape from all that. …

Also this story... kind of disturbing!

Producer charged: ESPN senior motorsports producer Neil Goldberg Tuesday turned himself in to police to face charges including public indecency, simple trespass and disorderly conduct. Police say Goldberg admitted to peering into a neighbor's window and masturbating until he was seen by a woman walking her dog in Farmington, Conn. He was released after posting $1,000 and faces a court date this month.

ESPN spokesman Soltys says is ESPN "looking into" the matter and Goldberg will be not be involved in weekend NASCAR coverage, where he'll be replaced senior coordinating producer Jill Frederickson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 03:16:40 PM »
     Which one of the ESPN guys was it that got busted a few years ago for pissing out a window on a cop's head?  Larry Miller?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 03:24:55 PM »
     Which one of the ESPN guys was it that got busted a few years ago for pissing out a window on a cop's head?  Larry Miller?
Gary Miller at a bar from two stories.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 04:24:08 PM »
Also this story... kind of disturbing!

Producer charged: ESPN senior motorsports producer Neil Goldberg Tuesday turned himself in to police to face charges including public indecency, simple trespass and disorderly conduct. Police say Goldberg admitted to peering into a neighbor's window and masturbating until he was seen by a woman walking her dog in Farmington, Conn. He was released after posting $1,000 and faces a court date this month.

ESPN spokesman Soltys says is ESPN "looking into" the matter and Goldberg will be not be involved in weekend NASCAR coverage, where he'll be replaced senior coordinating producer Jill Frederickson.

So, from the "Worldwide Leader", to the "Local Leerer"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions