Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Poor, Poor Bama

Poor, Poor Bama
« on: September 29, 2010, 10:00:57 PM »
Oh those pesky opponents and their poo-poo sportsmanship!

Setting off Mark Ingram

The CBS cameras just caught a glimpse of it, but for the second week in a row, Mark Ingram lost his temper a bit late in the 24-20 win over Arkansas.

On the fourth-down quarterback sneak that iced the game, Ingram rushed into the pile and gave Greg McElroy a gentle shove. When he bounced out of the pile, Ingram was close to fighting mad.

"They were being a little dirty, you know," Ingram said. "Pushing, grabbing, things like that. Competitive spirit comes out."

He added a little more detail.

"Sportsmanship was great throughout the whole game," he said. "I think they were just a little angry at the end or whatever because I saw a few guys punching the quarterback when he was under the pile. I was trying to get him up, and the dude snatched me up, also. You know? It is what it is."

The week before, Ingram head-butted a Duke player who was yanking on his leg after a touchdown dive. His anger there, while understandable, earned him a personal-foul penalty.

If you care about sportsmanship, you have to hope that opposing players aren't going after Ingram because he's coming back from knee surgery. And you have to hope that Ingram will keep his cool even when other players lose their heads.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/09/what_set_off_mark_ingram_at_th.html

And those mean brutes from Arkansas...hurting poor Dareus

Alabama defensive end Marcell Dareus was asked Wednesday about being taken out by a chop block during the a 24-20 win at Arkansas.

The play occurred in the first quarter with Dareus jogging with his back to Wade Grayson. Dareus said he had already suffered an ankle injury when defensive end Damion Square rolled on him trying to defend a screen play.

"When he did that I looked at him like, 'Are you trying to take me out of the game? You already see I'm hurt,'" Dareus said. "He just looked at me crazy like he didn't care. That's how some players play. It don't really bother me it just shows the ignorance on some players when they see a person down and they still try to kick him when there's no reason to."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/09/dareus_has_a_high_threshold_fo.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Token

Re: Poor, Poor Bama
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 10:39:22 PM »
I can't see it being a big enough of a deal to (a) ask the players about it or (b) for the players to actually answer the stupid question. 

Maybe the Duke player trying to yank Ingram's leg off (after the play was clearly over) was trying to injure that knee.  Maybe he wasn't. 

Dareus?  He should be accustomed to linemen blocking him at his knees.  Although I think the play should have resulted in a penalty on Arkansas, I don't believe the lineman was intentionally trying to hurt him.  But hey, if he had "crazy eyes", maybe he was trying to hurt him.  Or maybe he was a dork trying to be cool at his new school.

One thing I'm certain of?  RWS is about to splain this shit in great depth.  Then da Prowler is going to somehow make an ass of himself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 10:42:43 PM »
I don't know if the Duke guy was intentionally trying to hurt Ingram. I saw it, and dude was definitely snatching on his leg really hard, but could have been just trying to get Ingram off the pile. The play hadn't been called dead yet, so whatever.

Now, here's the video of the Arkansas thing, albeit a shitty video:

Kinda iffy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 11:38:51 PM »
One thing I'm certain of?  RWS is about to splain this poop in great depth.  Then da Prowler is going to somehow make an ass of himself.

Token.........never mind.     :clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 11:45:00 PM »
The play hadn't been called dead yet, so whatever.

There you'se goes.

After watching VaTech in '04, nothing impresses me in the realm of "dirty play".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 12:21:20 AM »
There's going to be punching, poking, pulling, twisting anything and everything in a pile...that's football.  You just can't lose your cool, if you want to fight back, do it in the next pile...just make sure the refs or cameras can't see ya  Stepping on fingers with the heel of your cleats is pretty painful and somewhat innocent, just as long as you can play it off if caught.

As for the Cut Block on Marcel, yeah that was pretty cheap.  That lineman could've cleaned his clock...instead, he looks like a little bitch Cut Blocking a DLineman that's jogging on one good leg.  My question is, why the fuck was he out there when it was obvious he could barely walk...and why the fuck didn't Arkansas call back-to-back off tackle runs right down Marcels throat?  You know he couldn't that much push off from that leg because of his ankle. 

How's that for making an ass outta myself  :rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Six

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 08:57:53 AM »
One thing I'm certain of?  RWS is about to splain this poop in great depth.  Then da Prowler is going to somehow make an ass of himself.

Thank you, Nostrabamus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 09:37:22 AM »
Cheap ass shot on Dareus.  Someone should have kicked 77 in the jimmies...hard.  Then I bet you'd see those crazy eyes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 10:01:40 AM »
I don't know if the Duke guy was intentionally trying to hurt Ingram. I saw it, and dude was definitely snatching on his leg really hard, but could have been just trying to get Ingram off the pile. The play hadn't been called dead yet, so whatever.

Now, here's the video of the Arkansas thing, albeit a shitty video:

Kinda iffy.

Not iffy to me, as I understand the rules.  That said, I don' think there's very many players at that level that look to INJURE another player.  Hurt?  Yes.  INJURE?  No.  Shit happens in the trenches, and in the heat of battle.   People get hurt and injured badly playing football.  If that happens once, then I think you can chalk it up to mistake in the heat of battle.  We see smaller guys hitting guys in the back all the time on punts.  Shit you learn NOT to do from the time you play Pop Warner, yet it's done, and you never hear anyone calling it dirty play.  They call it a stupid motherfucker that won't do what the coaches tell him not to do, but not dirty.  A dirty player, that's trying to INJURE someone, will eventually have the word get out...I don't think you want to be a target when you play in the trenches.  Not saying there's not a player out there that would try to INJURE another, I just don't think it's common.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 11:27:13 AM »
77 tried to injure Dareus.  What exactly do you think you're trying to accomplish by using your 300 pound body as a battering ram into the side and back of someone's knee?  I don't care who did it or who it was against.  That's a dirty ass move with the intent of injuring someone.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 11:34:17 AM »
That fucker knew what he was going to do before he did it. #77 had his sights set on the Darius for 3 yards with the intention of hitting him at the knee. I mean, you can tell by his movement. Its not like Darius made any kind of sudden movement into line of fire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 11:34:26 AM »
77 tried to injure Dareus.  What exactly do you think you're trying to accomplish by using your 300 pound body as a battering ram into the side and back of someone's knee?  I don't care who did it or who it was against.  That's a dirty ass move with the intent of injuring someone.   

I second that
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 12:22:50 PM »

Ok, you got me, I'm not a mind reader.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 01:42:29 PM »
Somebody better keep an eye on that son of bitch come 10/16.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 01:47:19 PM »
Ok, you got me, I'm not a mind reader.

Sister Leisha, Palm Reader...told me #77 is a big booger head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 02:17:54 PM »
Correction.  That is #71 Wade Grayson.  He is NOT one of our best linemen.  As for the comment of watch out on 10/16, the Arkansas fans can say the same and the AA LSU DT from a couple of years ago would agree.   :moon:  This is football and this shit has happened for years and was probably worse in the old days when every game wasn't on TV and every questionable play wasn't on YouTube 30 minutes after the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 02:26:39 PM »
Correction.  That is #71 Wade Grayson.  He is NOT one of our best linemen.  As for the comment of watch out on 10/16, the Arkansas fans can say the same and the AA LSU DT from a couple of years ago would agree.   :moon:  This is football and this shit has happened for years and was probably worse in the old days when every game wasn't on TV and every questionable play wasn't on YouTube 30 minutes after the game.

Yes I remember those accusations, Bradley tripped that is all. This was just a little  :poke: for those Hog fans around here. Hell yeah, it was worse back in the day. You can't get away with shit nowadays. Hell now, if you commit a penalty that shit is 3D coming right at ya. Terr'ble I say, just terr'ble.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 03:12:17 PM »
Sister Leisha, Palm Reader...told me #77 is a big booger head.

Well that's better than your res ipsa loquitur argument.  My bet is you could easily prove negligence, wantoness even,  maybe even recklessness, but proving it as an intent to injure might be a stretch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 03:42:49 PM »
Well that's better than your res ipsa loquitur argument.  My bet is you could easily prove negligence, wantoness even,  maybe even recklessness, but proving it as an intent to injure might be a stretch.

I gotcher res ipsa right here.  The only thing stretched was Marcel's knee ligaments.   :soap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions