No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Most complete game all year!
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2010, 10:18:33 AM »
It wasn't just about Cam for me.  I was really nervous about this game, but after the score was 20-7 I had this strange calm like, I wasn't worried, that we would handle it.  If not for thos two turnovers we I think we would have destroyed them and I think they are a good team.

Agree with that.  I was worried a little, but not as much as I was against WVU last year or Clemson this year.  We were moving the ball good, just got a case of the fumbleitis for a moment and it cost us two scores. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2010, 10:23:01 AM »
Spurrier hurt the team's chances by pulling Garcia (hindsight of course0 who wasn't hurt and was giving his all while being separated from the ball  with the help of Auburn, namely Bates first, then later Bynes. It turns out that what Spurrier thought was an open receiver running toward the sidelines was shadowed by an Auburn defender. Plus Garcia made the correct choice rather than forcing a weak throw while rolling to his left as AU pursued heartily. That is my take.

Umm....he got his neck fucked sideways jmar on that fumble. When there's even a remote sniff of a neck injury, you aren't going back in the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2010, 10:46:22 AM »
I agree GF. The reason I wasn't worried though was because Auburn was winning the battle up front all night. Both defensively and offensively. We took it to them and pounded the ball straight down their ass. That's what I want to see. I want to see hard nosed, down hill running. With Cam leading the way with those runs on the lead option. I still think Cam mis read several option plays...if they were in fact the option. They play call may have just been a keeper or a power though.

Either way, Cam is a bad ass. And it is hard to stop that guy for less than 2 yards. He falls for at least 3 yards every time he is hit. It's fucking amazing...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2010, 11:08:25 AM »
I agree GF. The reason I wasn't worried though was because Auburn was winning the battle up front all night. Both defensively and offensively. We took it to them and pounded the ball straight down their ass. That's what I want to see. I want to see hard nosed, down hill running. With Cam leading the way with those runs on the lead option. I still think Cam mis read several option plays...if they were in fact the option. They play call may have just been a keeper or a power though.

Either way, Cam is a bad ass. And it is hard to stop that guy for less than 2 yards. He falls for at least 3 yards every time he is hit. It's fucking amazing...

Agreed.  I also think this is why Bama will gash the Cocks.  They have the 1-2 punch and O-line to pound them into submission.  Spreading the ball around and bringing Blake and Litzenfrichenstein into the mix was huge and really bodes well for the future when you give teams more options to defend against than Adams downfield and the occasional throw to Zachary.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2010, 11:09:35 AM »
Umm....he got his neck fucked sideways jmar on that fumble. When there's even a remote sniff of a neck injury, you aren't going back in the game.
He played again after that, for one more series that also ended in a fumble.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2010, 11:10:27 AM »
He played again after that, for one more series that also ended in a fumble.

Right....further proof that the boy wasn't right after that hit. He was a detriment at that point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2010, 11:12:09 AM »
Right....further proof that the boy wasn't right after that hit. He was a detriment at that point.
The boy plays for Sakerlina - of course he ain't right...

Garcia's first fumble ended with a vicious hit that had Garcia wincing on the sideline, holding his neck. Still, Garcia came out for the next series and ran the same way.

"We've talked to him since he's been here about that," Spurrier said.

"He puts his head straight down. I think he closes his eyes and he dives in there. That's a recipe for disaster. I'm really concerned about his health as we proceed. Something bad could happen.

"There's nothing worse for a football coach, or a parent, than to see a player out there not moving."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2010, 11:13:08 AM »
Galling and surprising as it might be, South Carolina is now 11th in the SEC in total defense -- in front of only Vanderbilt. The Gamecocks are giving up 368.5 yards a game.

In a single night, USC went from first to eighth (128.2) in the league in rushing defense.

"You never expect that to happen," Johnson said.

Boom.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2010, 11:13:49 AM »
The boy plays for Sakerlina - of course he ain't right...

ZackLee......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2010, 11:56:00 AM »
I'm not sure we played a complete game, but we got better. Since the first game there have been nagging inconsistencies that if fixed, we could be really good. They are not fixed yet, but you can see that they are being worked on. The biggest one that I have complained about is Cam's inability to see and throw the short to medium route. Well this game he showed that he is seeing those better. However he is seeing them late. That is why he threw those 1000 mph scorchers. I'm not sure I have seen the short pass thrown that hard in a LONNNGGGG time. DA had his hands on one of those and the ball just broke through his hands. It's nice to have that ability, but is must be used wisely, as in a throw to the gut. But the fact that Cam saw the route, although late, and threw ot the correct person is leaps and bounds better than the first game.
It also seems that Malzhan has turned him loose a little more in the passing game. As soon as Cam gets comfortable seeing the short routes and throwing them earlier with a catchable ball, we will see the true face of this offense. As Cam gets more comfortable, he will also make the decision to run at the right time. This will result in multiple pile driver's for the opposing defense.
Is Cam ready for Heisman yet? No. But he is right on the edge of exploding as one of the most exciting QBs in AU history.

Bottom line is this kid is STILL getting better. We have not seen the real Cam Newton yet. That is some scary, tingly shit right there.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 11:56:48 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2010, 12:41:32 PM »
I'm not sure we played a complete game, but we got better. Since the first game there have been nagging inconsistencies that if fixed, we could be really good. They are not fixed yet, but you can see that they are being worked on. The biggest one that I have complained about is Cam's inability to see and throw the short to medium route. Well this game he showed that he is seeing those better. However he is seeing them late. That is why he threw those 1000 mph scorchers. I'm not sure I have seen the short pass thrown that hard in a LONNNGGGG time. DA had his hands on one of those and the ball just broke through his hands. It's nice to have that ability, but is must be used wisely, as in a throw to the gut. But the fact that Cam saw the route, although late, and threw ot the correct person is leaps and bounds better than the first game.
It also seems that Malzhan has turned him loose a little more in the passing game. As soon as Cam gets comfortable seeing the short routes and throwing them earlier with a catchable ball, we will see the true face of this offense. As Cam gets more comfortable, he will also make the decision to run at the right time. This will result in multiple pile driver's for the opposing defense.
Is Cam ready for Heisman yet? No. But he is right on the edge of exploding as one of the most exciting QBs in AU history.

Bottom line is this kid is STILL getting better. We have not seen the real Cam Newton yet. That is some scary, tingly shit right there.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
I hate you!

Signed,
Christopher Todd
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2010, 01:01:39 PM »

Not sure that was an option play or not.  OL was Zone Blocking away from the direction of the back, and Cam was not reading the DE.  May have been reading LB flow...but it's a nice twist on the Zone Read look either way, and sets up other stuff. 

Yes, the feel was that we were in control of the LOS and that the game was only still at issue due to turnovers. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 01:06:06 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2010, 01:26:13 PM »
Not sure that was an option play or not.  OL was Zone Blocking away from the direction of the back, and Cam was not reading the DE.  May have been reading LB flow...but it's a nice twist on the Zone Read look either way, and sets up other stuff. 

Yes, the feel was that we were in control of the LOS and that the game was only still at issue due to turnovers.

Actually, I just looked at the USCe highlight vid, and he is reading the DE.  It's just a twist on the Zone Read.  Also noticed that on the side away from the fake, the WR ran a bubble screen route. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2010, 01:28:15 PM »
Are you talking to yourself?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2010, 01:35:55 PM »
Are you talking to yourself?

Yes, but thankfully I'm not answering. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2010, 01:42:45 PM »
Yes, but thankfully I'm not answering.

Then you have yet to reach the ranks of insanity. You need to work on that to be a true master.

By the way, nice pick-up on the play. I was too busy trying to slam beer and watch the game. Also, I just wanted let you guys know that I found a new love for my wife watching football with me. She called the Bynes interception. That deserved an exploding fist bump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2010, 01:44:46 PM »
Then you have yet to reach the ranks of insanity. You need to work on that to be a true master.

By the way, nice pick-up on the play. I was too busy trying to slam beer and watch the game. Also, I just wanted let you guys know that I found a new love for my wife watching football with me. She called the Bynes interception. That deserved an exploding fist bump.

You can see the play in the first play on the USCe highlight vid.  It's a nice twist. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2010, 01:47:37 PM »

I have 2 loves in my life.

Big city living and a Voodoo woman named Phyllis
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2010, 01:48:44 PM »
You can see the play in the first play on the USCe highlight vid.  It's a nice twist.

I'm getting the feeling that there are many more twist that we haven't seen that will be unveiled each week. I'll go back and check that out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions