Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Last in the West! Congratulations

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Last in the West! Congratulations
« on: March 08, 2008, 10:45:09 PM »
Where are all the damn Lebo humpers? Dead last in the West.  That's unacceptable.  UN-ACCEPTABLE. Period.  I don't care if he had Gary Coleman and Emmanuel Lewis playing the forward spots. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Last in the West! Congratulations
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 11:07:29 PM »
Where are all the damn Lebo humpers? Dead last in the West.  That's unacceptable.  UN-ACCEPTABLE. Period.  I don't care if he had Gary Coleman and Emmanuel Lewis playing the forward spots. 
Wait until next year! We will have the most talent and experience coming back  and thats sure to take us to the big dance, wait thats what I heard about this years team :devil:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

chinook

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 11:35:21 PM »
Where are all the damn Lebo humpers?

contriving excuses.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 12:08:24 AM »
I ted to agree with you Kaos...but I really like this team and Lebo for some reason. I really think his kids play hard. Sometimes I wonder how we can be so bad, but I watch the team play, and I think that they play a good brand of basketball. What has me worried, is it seems like everyone we play has their best FG% shooting game of the year. How id that possble? I know we can't be that unlucky every fcking game.

Lebo seems to have some good players coming in though! I do like Lebo for some reason. I think his payers play hard. I really am torn about what to think at this point!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 07:20:11 AM »
I ted to agree with you Kaos...but I really like this team and Lebo for some reason. I really think his kids play hard. Sometimes I wonder how we can be so bad, but I watch the team play, and I think that they play a good brand of basketball. What has me worried, is it seems like everyone we play has their best FG% shooting game of the year. How id that possble? I know we can't be that unlucky every fcking game.

Lebo seems to have some good players coming in though! I do like Lebo for some reason. I think his payers play hard. I really am torn about what to think at this point!

I think we are last in a very, very bad SEC West.  Dead last.  We didn't have a single quality SEC win this year.  Not one. 

We beat Ole Miss twice. Amazing. They suck.  We beat Bama once -- and got blown out by them another time.  They suck.  We beat LSU once.  And that's it.  That's the extent of Auburn's SEC success.  Four shitting wins.   I'm sick of excuses.  "We only had six players..."  WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?  Yeah, teams have injuries.  Can we not recruit more than one decent player at a time?   I swear, the people excusing Lebo year after year sound exactly like Bama fans excusing Shula. I guess it's because a lot of the former Bama-fan douchebags have come over to our side in the last 20 years and brought their douchebag ways with them.  Yeah, DKW, I'm talking about you and your kind.  You're just a Bama fan spraypainted a different color.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 09:36:52 AM »
I think we are last in a very, very bad SEC West.  Dead last.  We didn't have a single quality SEC win this year.  Not one. 

We beat Ole Miss twice. Amazing. They suck.  We beat Bama once -- and got blown out by them another time.  They suck.  We beat LSU once.  And that's it.  That's the extent of Auburn's SEC success.  Four shitting wins.   I'm sick of excuses.  "We only had six players..."  WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?  Yeah, teams have injuries.  Can we not recruit more than one decent player at a time?   I swear, the people excusing Lebo year after year sound exactly like Bama fans excusing Shula. I guess it's because a lot of the former Bama-fan douchebags have come over to our side in the last 20 years and brought their douchebag ways with them.  Yeah, DKW, I'm talking about you and your kind.  You're just a Bama fan spraypainted a different color.

I know the record sucks. And I am concerned about the way Lebo handled some of his end game decisions this year. BUT, for somme reason I like the guy. I am not makinng excuses for the guy, but I think the team got worn down. I think the team played really hard this year, and I would like to see what will happen if he has a full roster of players. I think he needs maybe one more year to see what he can do.

I promise I am not making excuses for the guy. But for some reason, and I really can't explain why, I think he is a good coach. I know we haven't seen it in terms of wins/losses, but I think his guys play hard and they play an exciting brand of basketball. Like I said, I am torn on what to think...BAD. I really want to have a good bball team to cheer for...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 11:45:16 AM »
I have a theory on firing coaches. I always believe that when you decide it is time to fire the coach, wait one more year. Then fire him if it is still necessary.

After last year, I thought Slater was probably not the guy for the job. But I wouldn't have fired him. This his extra year that I would have given him. If he doesn't make it to Birmingham and a Regional, let him go.

This year is the year I've started to feel that Lebo isn't getting it done. However, according to my theory, we have to give him one more year after that. Next year is the year we need to show significant progress for him to keep his job.

In 2003, I had similar feelings with Tuberville. He produced in his "borrowed year" and the rest is history.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 12:32:20 PM »
I guess I am one of the ones that you are talking about.  I don't claim to know all the inner workings of basketball or of AU but for some reason I have always liked Lebo.  I really expected to see marked improvement this year so I don't know what to think. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 01:14:40 PM »
I guess I am one of the ones that you are talking about.  I don't claim to know all the inner workings of basketball or of AU but for some reason I have always liked Lebo.  I really expected to see marked improvement this year so I don't know what to think. 

None of the ones I'm talking about have the nads to post on this board. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 01:26:53 PM »
I'm a Lebo humper.
Far from a Slater humper, that's for sure, but Lebo's a different case in my opinion.

You can poo poo away the fact that we had six starters as insignificant, but how can you seriously expect any kind of results with these guys getting no rest like that? Playing positions that aren't necessarily their forte, but necessary to fill.

Lebo has gotten some wins out of those guys that he shouldn't. They fight hard to the end. It's only expected that they would run out of gas in a big way toward the end of the season, and that's exactly what happened. That doesn't disprove the undermanned theory, it only strongly confirms it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 01:52:09 PM »
You can poo poo away the fact that we had six starters as insignificant, but how can you seriously expect any kind of results with these guys getting no rest like that? Playing positions that aren't necessarily their forte, but necessary to fill.

Four years into your tenure at a school, you shouldn't be in that position.  I've always maintained that you can generally tell what kind of football coach you have in year three or four.  And you'll know about your basketball coach by the second season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 06:12:07 PM »
Lebo might be a great coach, but the issue I have is that eventually recruits aren't going to buy into anything he says.  "Injuries, New Arena, Bad Luck, Fatigue, Playing Different Positions" - these are all topics of ten page long essay papers for Dr. Lebo's Find the Next Excuse class. 

If our football team was so depleted by injuries that we only had half of the normal amount of scholarship players, there'd be an outcry against the way Tuberville holds practice and workouts.  So why is nobody holding Lebo accountable for the ridiculous amount of injuries? 

I say give him one more year.  However, I won't be satisfied with a "we're improving" season.  If we get all of these players who have left our team in disarray back, then I want a sweet 16-type run. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 06:36:28 PM »
Lebo might be a great coach, but the issue I have is that eventually recruits aren't going to buy into anything he says.  "Injuries, New Arena, Bad Luck, Fatigue, Playing Different Positions" - these are all topics of ten page long essay papers for Dr. Lebo's Find the Next Excuse class. 

If our football team was so depleted by injuries that we only had half of the normal amount of scholarship players, there'd be an outcry against the way Tuberville holds practice and workouts.  So why is nobody holding Lebo accountable for the ridiculous amount of injuries? 

I say give him one more year.  However, I won't be satisfied with a "we're improving" season.  If we get all of these players who have left our team in disarray back, then I want a sweet 16-type run. 

I agree...but a sweet 16 run would be tough...hell, it's tough when you have a great team. I do expect a big turn around next year with a 20 win season and a .500 conference record. Anything less than that I think he needs to go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 07:27:59 PM »
I agree...but a sweet 16 run would be tough...hell, it's tough when you have a great team. I do expect a big turn around next year with a 20 win season and a .500 conference record. Anything less than that I think he needs to go.

.500 in the conference?  As bad as Alabama, Ole Miss, LSU and Arkansas are?  Come on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 09:05:10 PM »
.500 in the conference?  As bad as Alabama, Ole Miss, LSU and Arkansas are?  Come on. 

.500 in the conference with 20 wins gets you invited to the dance. We have to be invited to the dance first before we can fuck the homecoming queen!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 09:12:29 PM »
.500 in the conference with 20 wins gets you invited to the dance. We have to be invited to the dance first before we can fuck the homecoming queen!

So you'd be satisfied with not being a fag?  Because we are kind of the bitches of the SEC right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2008, 09:18:30 PM »
So you'd be satisfied with not being a fag?  Because we are kind of the bitches of the SEC right now.

Don't turn this conversation around about Chopper and the "big boned" chicks he gets by singing a stupid fucking Tim McGraw song....

I just want a competitive team that has a chance to play, and win some ball games, in the Big Dance! If we get that next year, I think we are on the right track. If not, I think Lebo needs to go...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 09:23:05 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2008, 10:10:36 PM »
Don't turn this conversation around about Chopper and the "big boned" chicks he gets by singing a stupid fucking Tim McGraw song....

I just want a competitive team that has a chance to play, and win some ball games, in the Big Dance! If we get that next year, I think we are on the right track. If not, I think Lebo needs to go...

The thing is, that's what everybody was saying when the man got hired.  Wasn't that four years ago? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 10:15:16 PM »
The thing is, that's what everybody was saying when the man got hired.  Wasn't that four years ago? 

Uhhh...no. The program was in such shambles that everyone knew it was going to be a big time rebuiding job. Not only that...but all the old players bailed on him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 10:19:05 PM »
Uhhh...no. The program was in such shambles that everyone knew it was going to be a big time rebuiding job. Not only that...but all the old players bailed on him.

I gotta disagree on the shambles part.  AU was a competitive team when he got here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions