Coach Pat Summitt dislocated shoulder chasing raccoon

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Coach Pat Summitt dislocated shoulder chasing raccoon
« on: March 08, 2008, 08:48:39 PM »
UPDATE: Summitt dislocated shoulder chasing raccoon
By Dan Fleser (Contact)
March 7, 2008

NASHVILLE - Tennessee women's basketball coach Pat Summitt dislocated her shoulder while chasing a raccoon off the back deck at her home Wednesday night.

Summitt had taken her golden Labrador out for a walk when they came back to find the raccoon on the deck at her home.

“I momentarily lost it,” Summitt told WBIR-TV. “The raccoon was about to attack. I just knocked it off the deck, and fortunately nothing happened but a dislocated shoulder, and it’s back in place.”

Summitt showed no signs of injury Friday, and she told the TV station the shoulder wouldn’t bother her at the SEC tournament. And she has learned her lesson about dealing with raccoons.

“When I realized what could have happened, it almost brought me to tears. It wasn’t very smart on my part,” Summitt said.

Meanwhile, freshman Angie Bjorklund and Cait McMahan of the Lady Vols were involved in a minor auto accident while driving to church Wednesday night.

Neither player was injured and Bjorklund will start today for the Lady Vols against Florida in the quarterfinals of the SEC tournament.

McMahan is redshirting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
Re: Coach Pat Summitt dislocated shoulder chasing raccoon
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 09:04:34 PM »
Fur or food?  Was she after it for some fine East Tennessee cuisine, or for that even finer Vol coonskin cap?  Maybe both - fur munching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Coach Pat Summitt dislocated shoulder chasing raccoon
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 11:01:19 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.