Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fuck Arkansas

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Fuck Arkansas
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2010, 08:18:42 PM »
     The last two times?  Did 'bama play Michigan in 07? 

I wouldn't say Mallett folded.  In the second half he made some mistakes, mainly due to playing against a defense that knew he didn't have a running game.  But I don't think folded is accurate, you make is sound like he quit or gave up or something.  The game came down to Arkansas not being able to stop Ingram, and making too many mistakes (interceptions and penalties) to overcome that disadvantage.
I'm still speaking of Saturday's game in present tense. When I mean last two times, I mean '08 and '09.

Mallett folded due to the pressure we were able to get in the second half. Alabama knew Arkansas didn't have a running game going into it. Everybody knew it. Not a big secret at all. Arkansas hasn't had a running game the past two years. Mallett was making those mistakes because of the blitzing Alabama was doing. The same exact reasons he was making those mistakes in '08 and '09 as well. On both INTs in the second half, it was because of pressure up the middle from Upshaw. One of them it appeared he was trying to throw the ball away and just couldn't get it out of bounds. I don't think he gave up, per se. He just can't deal when he's under pressure. That's not a big secret either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2010, 09:31:34 AM »
I'm still speaking of Saturday's game in present tense. When I mean last two times, I mean '08 and '09.

Mallett folded due to the pressure we were able to get in the second half. Alabama knew Arkansas didn't have a running game going into it. Everybody knew it. Not a big secret at all. Arkansas hasn't had a running game the past two years. Mallett was making those mistakes because of the blitzing Alabama was doing. The same exact reasons he was making those mistakes in '08 and '09 as well. On both INTs in the second half, it was because of pressure up the middle from Upshaw. One of them it appeared he was trying to throw the ball away and just couldn't get it out of bounds. I don't think he gave up, per se. He just can't deal when he's under pressure. That's not a big secret either.

Uh, Mallett didn't play in '08.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2010, 09:52:15 AM »

I will help RWS here Hogwally: he means 09 and 10.   :clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2010, 12:47:55 PM »
I thought Dick left in 07 and Mallett played in 08? I guess it was some other guy running for his life in 08.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Token

« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2010, 12:55:27 PM »
I thought Dick left in 07 and Mallett played in 08? I guess it was some other guy running for his life in 08.

No.  It was Dick floating touchdown passes to Bama defensive backs.  I wasn't going to say anything with hopes that titz or Hogwally would just let it go. 

Oh well.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 12:57:16 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2010, 02:00:59 PM »
No.  It was Dick floating touchdown passes to Bama defensive backs.  I wasn't going to say anything with hopes that titz or Hogwally would just let it go. 

Oh well.

No, in 08' Dick was replaced with Johnson just before their battle with the Cocks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2010, 02:07:58 PM »
No, in 08' Dick was replaced with Johnson just before their battle with the Cocks.

Lest we forget Johnsons back-up was Peter and the QB for the Cocks was Richard Long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
Re: phuk Arkansas
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2010, 02:10:26 PM »
To me what was the demise of Arky was dropped passes on first down. This put Mallett behind the chains and made the calls on defense easy. Pressure and keep it in front. I think had the WRs helped him out in the second half I think the game would have been different.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2010, 05:28:32 PM »

Oh well.

Well I thought he would take the hint when I questioned him the first time.  But he just had to go on and explain how bad Mallett played in 08.  Granted it doesn't really matter, we still got our asses kicked.  But when someone is acting like a pompous know-it-all, it's kind of fun to point out their obvious errors.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2010, 06:23:21 PM »
   Well I thought he would take the hint when I questioned him the first time.  But he just had to go on and explain how bad Mallett played in 08.  Granted it doesn't really matter, we still got our asses kicked.  But when someone is acting like a pompous know-it-all, it's kind of VERY fun to point out their obvious errors.

Better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2010, 07:10:11 AM »
Better.

Don't let Wally fool ya.  He only looks fat, drunk, and stupid.
He has game when he so desires.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:10:56 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2010, 07:18:16 AM »
He only looks fat, drunk, and stupid.

That's no way to go through life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2010, 07:46:13 AM »

Tell him that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2010, 08:57:59 AM »

Its called living high on the hog.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2010, 10:02:30 AM »
Mr. Hogtarski...Zero....point.....Zero.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2010, 10:43:43 AM »

Or so it has been said......I find it right the opposite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

boartitz

« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2010, 08:22:14 PM »
Or so it has been said......I find it right the opposite.
I'm happy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2010, 09:47:09 PM »
I'm not sure why we decided to barely blitz in the first half. Usually the gameplan against Mallett is to blitz early, and blitz often. Usually he is so rattled by halftime, he's just not going to recover. It has worked like a champ the past two times. As soon as we went to a pressure defense in the second half and started blitzing up the middle every other down? Like clockwork, Mallett folded. The good thing about him (from an opponent standpoint) is he won't hang in there and take that hit just to wait another half second and complete the throw.

If AU can get some good pressure on him, you guys should be OK. I'm thinking you will be OK since your front 4 seems to be getting good push this year, Fairley in particular. If Mallett is able to stand in the pocket and has time to throw, he will fuck you up. And AU has a less than mediocre pass defense this season.

It's like Brother Oliver says...you want to blitz when YOU want to, not because they are making you.  Better defenses shouldn't have to rely on the blitz as their base plan.  I suspect that Saban and Smart thought they could dictate to Ark., and get pressure without blitzing.   Had Darius been healthy, it might have been a different story. 

Auburn's only hope it getting pressure without having to sell out blitz.  Hopefully with our front 4, or maybe brining a LB or S in well timed situations.   If we're blitzing every play, it's because they're burning us over and over.   Mallet will get his yards vs us...it's a matter of how much we can limit them running the ball and hopefully operating in 2nd/3rd and long. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2010, 12:14:34 AM »
Don't let Wally fool ya.  He only looks fat, drunk, and stupid.
He has game when he so desires.

Unless it involves sliding past the local flop's door man.   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2010, 07:51:05 AM »
Unless it involves sliding past the local flop's door man.   :facepalm:

Cut him some slack.  The man was bleeding from having done a half gainer off the curb and gutter 20 minutes earlier. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions