Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fuck Arkansas

boartitz

Re: Fuck Arkansas
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2010, 10:54:55 PM »
  Blah blah blah bladdity blah blah mumble de blah blah blah blah. Bladitty blah blah blah blh blah Saban blah blah blah blah fishing trip. Blah blah blah textbook blah bl;ah blah> ?
Blah blah bladiddy wheels Ingram blah bladhoot blah.
We someluckymotherfuckerblahs.
Yep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2010, 11:55:05 PM »
yes...blah, blah, blah.

Dude, I watched this game. I fully expected bama to win this game but your comments are totally homerized. Arkansas lost that game because they beat themselves not because bama beat them. If you do not see that, well I have lost all due respect to you. I seriously thought you were better than that. Arkansas gift wrapped a win to the bammers all the way. That one interception alone that Mallet threw one you the game. No, that was not a spectacular play, it was Mallet forcing the ball. This turned out to be a bammer TD. I'm just gonna go ahead and tell you, bama got a bit of luck on this shit today. I'm not gonna lie, I wanted bama to win just because AU will be the team that takes you out. Count on it bitches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2010, 01:47:04 AM »
Lollerskates
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2010, 02:53:06 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2010, 11:10:42 AM »
Dude, I watched this game. I fully expected bama to win this game but your comments are totally homerized. Arkansas lost that game because they beat themselves not because bama beat them. If you do not see that, well I have lost all due respect to you. I seriously thought you were better than that. Arkansas gift wrapped a win to the bammers all the way. That one interception alone that Mallet threw one you the game. No, that was not a spectacular play, it was Mallet forcing the ball. This turned out to be a bammer TD. I'm just gonna go ahead and tell you, bama got a bit of luck on this shit today. I'm not gonna lie, I wanted bama to win just because AU will be the team that takes you out. Count on it bitches.
Simple point: Is Arkansas improved over last year? Yes.

Enough that it should have been that tough for Alabama? No. Not by what I saw when they played UGA last week.

Again, Arkansas played one hell of a game, and they were ready. All the credit in the world to them. Should we have lost that game judging by the play on the field? Probably. I failed on basically every prediction about the game except the part about pressuring Mallett. We shot ourselves in the foot some in the first half, and when you couple that with Arkansas playing like champs, it wasn't pretty. We caused some of our own issues, and Arkansas caused some for us as well. It sort of flipped in the second half, and they made some mistakes. Some by their own doing, some forced by us. Still not entirely sold on Arkansas. This is why I think Alabama has some issues that need to get resolved, if even with them playing their A-game, we had that big of a problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2010, 11:30:21 AM »
Simple point: Is Arkansas improved over last year? Yes.

Enough that it should have been that tough for Alabama? No. Not by what I saw when they played UGA last week.

Again, Arkansas played one hell of a game, and they were ready. All the credit in the world to them. Should we have lost that game judging by the play on the field? Probably. I failed on basically every prediction about the game except the part about pressuring Mallett. We shot ourselves in the foot some in the first half, and when you couple that with Arkansas playing like champs, it wasn't pretty. We caused some of our own issues, and Arkansas caused some for us as well. It sort of flipped in the second half, and they made some mistakes. Some by their own doing, some forced by us. Still not entirely sold on Arkansas. This is why I think Alabama has some issues that need to get resolved, if even with them playing their A-game, we had that big of a problem.

Okay, I can go with that. This is a pretty good summary. Mallet gift wrapped two late interceptions but some of that goes to good coverage. Like always, Ingram was the man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2010, 11:44:58 AM »
Okay, I can go with that. This is a pretty good summary. Mallet gift wrapped two late interceptions but some of that goes to good coverage. Like always, Ingram was the man.
I would say it had more to do with the blitz than the coverage. On one of the INTs, Upshaw got pressure up the middle and Mallett threw it high. Lester was there to snag it and returned it to the Arky 10. The other, Upshaw got pressure again and it looked like Mallett was trying to throw it away, but didn't put enough on it to get the ball out of bounds. Still, pretty much gift wrapped, though.

Our secondary did a fairly good job considering the opposing QB and their youth, though. The first TD was totally preventable, and credit to Mallett for recognizing the blown coverage. Milliner went man when everybody else was playing zone, and they caught us with our pants down. He's a true frosh, so he's going to make mistakes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2010, 12:45:58 PM »
I would say it had more to do with the blitz than the coverage. On one of the INTs, Upshaw got pressure up the middle and Mallett threw it high. Lester was there to snag it and returned it to the Arky 10. The other, Upshaw got pressure again and it looked like Mallett was trying to throw it away, but didn't put enough on it to get the ball out of bounds. Still, pretty much gift wrapped, though.

Our secondary did a fairly good job considering the opposing QB and their youth, though. The first TD was totally preventable, and credit to Mallett for recognizing the blown coverage. Milliner went man when everybody else was playing zone, and they caught us with our pants down. He's a true frosh, so he's going to make mistakes.

Yeah, you know Mallet is kicking himself in the ass for not getting that ball out of bounds. K'patrick was in the right place at the right time for that one. Milliner got exposed bit time on that one play. You know Saban will let him have it for that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2010, 01:28:33 PM »
Yeah, you know Mallet is kicking himself in the ass for not getting that ball out of bounds. K'patrick was in the right place at the right time for that one. Milliner got exposed bit time on that one play. You know Saban will let him have it for that.
I think we have a TON of skill on the defensive side of the ball. Just need some maturity and game experience to go with it. They responded well in the second half, but that's not always going to work. Hopefully this year will be the secondary's growing pains. If yesterday was the worst game we play this season, I will be a happy camper.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

Re: phuk Arkansas
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2010, 02:05:52 PM »
I think we have a TON of skill on the defensive side of the ball. Just need some maturity and game experience to go with it. They responded well in the second half, but that's not always going to work. Hopefully this year will be the secondary's growing pains. If yesterday was the worst game we play this season, I will be a happy camper.
[/quote
]I feel the same about our corner rotation. It's a tough position to learn even if you have great ability because you can be all over a guy doing everything right and still get beat. But getting thrown in the fire is the best way to find out how you react. I'm impressed with the young Bama defenders and think they are way ahead of schedule as far as performance. WTF did I do with this quote thingy?

I think Mallett plays on Sundays regardless of what some think. He has all of the skills and can make all of the throws  correctly with his feet set. He has matured and can still light us up badly with those receivers and ample time. Without him, Arky cannot hang with a so-so run game even though they have gotten better defensively.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 03:26:41 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2010, 02:32:35 PM »

Well I guess I would too. :puke:
bama is the team to beat for sure. Every team you guys play will be on ya'lls ass. Auburn still has some work to do on D but I am starting to feel a little better. The penalties are still killing us but overall I have been impressed with this teams ability to overcome their mistakes and take the win. We play the hogs in a couple of weeks. We're gonna have to have a tighter ship to come out with a win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2010, 11:06:25 AM »

And Bama didn't gift wrap it for them in the first half with TO's and blown coverage?

Why was Mallet forcing the ball? Pressure from Bama? Indeed.......Bama forced the turnovers much like we did against Garcia. Most turnovers are forced (unlike Mario Fannin's turnovers which are usually 100% careless). And you have to give Bama credit for that. That game (Ark/Bama) seemed like a mirror imageof Aub/Bama last year. Like us, Arky blew their load early, Bama settled down defensively and their rb's controlled the game.

With that said though, I think Mallet picks us apart. We don't have the mojo on that side of the ball that Bama has. Although our D played a great game Sat night - kudos to Washington and Fairley. Will it be enough for us though? In Kaos' favorite line, only time will tell.......and we shall see.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 11:09:08 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2010, 11:28:59 AM »
GH, Arkansas played f'n lights out and w/o those two turnovers, mainly the one that resulted in the bama TD, they would have one. If you read in my other post with RWS, you will see that I contributed some of this to the bama D. Alabama is top notch right now and are the team to beat, there is not denying. I still say that Ark had that game in hand until Mallet turned it over.

I am not sure why you seem so set on Ark beating us this year but I am one to believe this team will beat Arkansas. Am I a little skeered, hellz yeah but I'm still believing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2010, 12:35:56 PM »
GH, Arkansas played f'n lights out and w/o those two turnovers, mainly the one that resulted in the bama TD, they would have one. If you read in my other post with RWS, you will see that I contributed some of this to the bama D. Alabama is top notch right now and are the team to beat, there is not denying. I still say that Ark had that game in hand until Mallet turned it over.

I am not sure why you seem so set on Ark beating us this year but I am one to believe this team will beat Arkansas. Am I a little skeered, hellz yeah but I'm still believing.

1. Its Arkansas, were predestined to lose to them every year now.

2. What Mallet did in the first half.

3. Did you see what Mallet did to us last year?

BTW - I hope I am wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2010, 02:06:28 PM »
Why was Mallet forcing the ball? Pressure from Bama? Indeed.......Bama forced the turnovers much like we did against Garcia. Most turnovers are forced (unlike Mario Fannin's turnovers which are usually 100% careless). And you have to give Bama credit for that. That game (Ark/Bama) seemed like a mirror imageof Aub/Bama last year. Like us, Arky blew their load early, Bama settled down defensively and their rb's controlled the game.
I'm not sure why we decided to barely blitz in the first half. Usually the gameplan against Mallett is to blitz early, and blitz often. Usually he is so rattled by halftime, he's just not going to recover. It has worked like a champ the past two times. As soon as we went to a pressure defense in the second half and started blitzing up the middle every other down? Like clockwork, Mallett folded. The good thing about him (from an opponent standpoint) is he won't hang in there and take that hit just to wait another half second and complete the throw.

If AU can get some good pressure on him, you guys should be OK. I'm thinking you will be OK since your front 4 seems to be getting good push this year, Fairley in particular. If Mallett is able to stand in the pocket and has time to throw, he will fuck you up. And AU has a less than mediocre pass defense this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2010, 02:37:39 PM »
Mallet has a glass jaw
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2010, 04:07:15 PM »
I'm not sure why we decided to barely blitz in the first half. Usually the gameplan against Mallett is to blitz early, and blitz often. Usually he is so rattled by halftime, he's just not going to recover. It has worked like a champ the past two times. As soon as we went to a pressure defense in the second half and started blitzing up the middle every other down? Like clockwork, Mallett folded. The good thing about him (from an opponent standpoint) is he won't hang in there and take that hit just to wait another half second and complete the throw.

If AU can get some good pressure on him, you guys should be OK. I'm thinking you will be OK since your front 4 seems to be getting good push this year, Fairley in particular. If Mallett is able to stand in the pocket and has time to throw, he will fuck you up. And AU has a less than mediocre pass defense this season.

I think I said it earlier in this thread - if Bama got ANY pressure on him, it was over at that point. The pressure just came a lot later than I thought it would. Has Smart said anything about why the blitzes came so late in the game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2010, 05:00:17 PM »
I think I said it earlier in this thread - if Bama got ANY pressure on him, it was over at that point. The pressure just came a lot later than I thought it would. Has Smart said anything about why the blitzes came so late in the game?
That has remained a mystery. The only think I can figure is we like to corner blitz alot, but I'm not so sure they're confident enough in the secondary to pick up the assignments of the blitzing corners. You can bring the LBs all day long, but then that leaves a big assed void in the middle of the field. And if you are like us and incorporate your RB into your passing game alot, that's a good way to get your defense beat fast. I also think that is a good reason why Petrino smartly didn't abandon the run game when it wasn't working. Somebody has to account for the RB. Somebody has to make a quick pickup in the secondary when the corners blitz. Pick your poison.

I think Verne hit the nail on the head when he mentioned since we couldn't cover, then blitz. Obviously it didn't matter if we were blitzing the corners or not, the secondary was going to have a bad day. Say fuck it, bring the house, and what happens happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2010, 06:32:46 PM »

The last two times?  Did 'bama play Michigan in 07? 

I wouldn't say Mallett folded.  In the second half he made some mistakes, mainly due to playing against a defense that knew he didn't have a running game.  But I don't think folded is accurate, you make is sound like he quit or gave up or something.  The game came down to Arkansas not being able to stop Ingram, and making too many mistakes (interceptions and penalties) to overcome that disadvantage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2010, 07:19:48 PM »
I'm not sure why we decided to barely blitz in the first half.   

Saban said he was skeered to. No shit. I read that in the paper. Said his team was making basic mistakes from the get go.
After the first Arkansas series, he didn't want to do anything complex till his team settled down some. I guess that took till halftime.
He got the adjustments in when it counted. I don't like that sawed off fucker, but I have to give him credit for being one of the best coaches in the college game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions