Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Clemson Fan Scouting Report (Stolt from ITAT)

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Clemson Fan Scouting Report (Stolt from ITAT)
« on: September 14, 2010, 10:45:13 AM »
First, we haven't played anyone of value yet, so I doubt the playbook has stretched its legs at all.

Offensively, we've got two very talented running backs in Andre Ellington and Jamie Harper. We did lose Spiller, but it shouldn't hurt as much as the 'experts' are saying. Ellington (RS sophomore) spelled CJ Spiller all year long last season, and averaged something like 7 yards per carry. This season he had a 122-yard, 2-TD performance against NT, and looks to be extremely quick to the holes. Harper will simply knock you down. He's a 240lbs back with a lot of quickness in his step. He's received significant playing time the past two years, so he should be just fine, as well.

QB Kyle Parker has a laser for an arm. He's only 6'1, but he can throw 30 yards on a line, and while he's not a scrambler, he's mobile enough to pick up 5 or 6 yards regularly. He threw for 2526 yards and 20 TDs as a freshman last year, so Clemson fans are fairly confident in his ability. The wideouts are our biggest problem. We've got a boatload of 4-star guys at receiver, but they're all young. Included in our two-deep are two freshmen, a sophomore, and two inexperienced juniors. We rotate a corps of about 7 receivers on the field during the game to keep them fresh. Our best catcher is TE Dwayne Allen. The guy is everything you can ask for in a balanced TE, and Clemson does a good job of getting him the ball.

Along the line we'll be just fine. We returned 4 of 5 starters, and one of our backups has played a good number of meaningful snaps over the last couple years. They're a solid bunch.

Defensively, our strength is with the D-line. We rotate four DT's, but our best two are Jarvis Jenkins and Brandon Thompson. They stuff the middle real quick. On the ends we've got DaQuan Bowers and Andre Branch, with Malliciah Goodman, a DE/LB hybrid, subbing in and out for our nickel packages. DaQuan was ESPN's #1 overall recruit a few years back, and while his stats haven't lived up to the hype, he disrupts everybody. The guy causes a lot of problems in the backfield, even if his numbers aren't flashy.

Our linebackers are our biggest question mark on the entire team. Against North Texas we started a freshman and two sophomores. Clemson's been weak at the linebacker spot for 2 or 3 seasons now, so the coaching staff compensates by playing a whole bunch of nickel and dime. I'd grade our linebackers at a "B" on a good day.

In the secondary, we've got a ton of experienced talent. DeAndre McDaniel is the star of the show, and picked by a lot of folks to be a first-team All-American. Simply put, Auburn shouldn't have an easy time putting the ball through the air. Our secondary has been lights out for a number of seasons now.

All the experts like to talk about the loss of CJ Spiller, offensively. Clemson fans aren't concerned about his loss on the offense. Believe it or not, we've got the talent to make up for that. The way losing Spiller hurts us is on special teams. We've got some quick return guys, but we will no longer find ourselves on the 45 every time like we did with Spiller.

Overall, I'd put Auburn at about a 5-point favorite considering y'all are at home. Clemson's got a real swift defense, but our linebackers are very inexperienced, and I fear Newton's legs are going to chew our rush-D to pieces if our LB's can't mature quickly. Expect a very balanced offensive attack and a good bit of TE use from us, offensively. Also expect to see a whole bunch of subbing. We tend to keep our guys pretty fresh throughout the game.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=6369263
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Clemson Fan Scouting Report (Stolt from ITAT)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 11:35:15 AM »
I fear swift defenses...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:50:22 AM »
Try saying this tongue twister a few times:

Ellington spelled CJ Spiller
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 12:40:58 PM »
I fear swift defenses...

I fear the fact that we don't have one more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 01:26:14 PM »
They gave up 460 yards to North Texas
and 279 against Presbyterian

Rank      AVG
Rushing Defense              85      166.50 
Pass Efficiency Defense    56     115.17    
Total Defense                   76    370.50
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 01:27:29 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 01:28:36 PM »
They gave up 460 yards to North Texas
and 279 against Presbyterian

Rank      AVG
Rushing Defense              85      166.50 
Pass Efficiency Defense    56     115.17    
Total Defense                   76    370.50

You shut your dirty whore mouth.....that is a SWIFT defense they have and you better by God respect the swiftness.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 01:50:49 PM »
You shut your dirty whore mouth.....that is a SWIFT defense they have and you better by God respect the swiftness.
Get up come on get down with the swiftness.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 06:01:41 PM »
DaQuan Bowers scares me.  He's one of those super talented guys that can turn it on at any random time and dominate a game. 

Hopefully he comes out flat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 06:05:32 PM »
DaQuan Bowers scares me.  He's one of those super talented guys that can turn it on at any random time and dominate a game. 

Hopefully he comes out flat.
I was thinking the same thing earlier today. In all reality, this guy is the one that is scary. Not sure why he isn't hyped more. Alabama beat the shit out of them in '08, but this guy played like a beast the entire game and really gave our OL fits. We most certainly didn't run right at him, for the most part. I would imagine he has only gotten better. He was talked about a little before the Alabama game, and when I saw him play, it was like DAMN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 10:03:15 PM »
I think our OL will do just fine against the Clemson DL. We gotz Ziemba!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 07:29:39 AM »
I think our OL will do just fine against the Clemson DL. We gotz Ziemba!

Well go ahead and tell our strategy of getting off the ball before they do.  Why don't you tell them about this new low blocking technique he has been working on with the LG as well?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 08:46:43 AM »
Well go ahead and tell our strategy of getting off the ball before they do.  Why don't you tell them about this new low blocking technique he has been working on with the LG as well?

That aint a bad idea. Oh, I almost forgot, our entire OL are packing heat and will use it all their own discretion. Also, each of our RB's have poison sweat; any contact with this sweat will incinerate you immediately.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 09:16:26 AM »
Don't forget, these guys are swift.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 02:23:40 PM »
Don't forget, these guys are swift.

dax right!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions