Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Agents vs. Saban

Agents vs. Saban
« on: September 02, 2010, 09:07:59 PM »
Latest Ralph Cindrich tweet:
RalphCindrich Time 4 Agents-expose dirty #NCAA coaches. I'll start w challeng 2 #Saban #Alabama-La & Ala AG office-under oath & cross. zi.pe/GZo

I'm not saying anything will ever come of it, but...   :popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

Re: Agents vs. Saban
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 09:16:45 PM »
Can anyone decipher that for me?  I don't speak tweetinese.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 09:24:53 PM »
Can anyone decipher that for me?  I don't speak tweetinese.

Basically, the last few letters are actually a link to an ESPN story where Stoops suggested today that the NCAA should give amnesty to players that expose dirty agents. 

Ralph is basically saying that it's time for Agents to start exposing dirty coaches in the NCAA.  He'll start by challenging Saban (Alabama) in Louisiana's and Alabama's Attorney General's office under oath.

I'm telling you, Saban (and I know there are several other coaches, but Saban threw the cup of piss and vinegar publicly first) opened a pandora's box.   Someone is going to have their dirty laundry aired before this all ends.   I don't think it's going away real quick.

I think if the coaches keep pushing, the Agents are going to give them a big "FUCK YOU!" and expose their asses.  Could get ugly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 09:25:58 PM »
Just to add to this, the NCAA has ruled that Dareus will sit a 2 game suspension and have to pay ~$1700 to a charity of his choice. It looks like UNC is pretty much going to be the sacrificial lamb with this. Originally it was going to be a 4 game suspension, but the NCAA reduced it to 2 due to "mitigating factors". Alabama's compliance guy said that the NCAA noted that Dareus was "one of the most truthful student athletes they have interviewed", so I'm guessing that is the "mitigating factor".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 09:28:17 PM »
Just to add to this, the NCAA has ruled that Dareus will sit a 2 game suspension and have to pay ~$1700 to a charity of his choice. It looks like UNC is pretty much going to be the sacrificial lamb with this. Originally it was going to be a 4 game suspension, but the NCAA reduced it to 2 due to "mitigating factors". Alabama's compliance guy said that the NCAA noted that Dareus was "one of the most truthful student athletes they have interviewed", so I'm guessing that is the "mitigating factor".

That might be true, but how fucking stupid (as if it wasn't EPIC FUCKING STUPID already) is that dumb ass story put in the paper about his dying mother. 

Fucking bullshit.  Hilarious. ...and fucking bullshit...all wrapped up in a stinky burrito together.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 09:40:13 PM »
That might be true, but how fucking stupid (as if it wasn't EPIC FUCKING STUPID already) is that dumb ass story put in the paper about his dying mother. 

Fucking bullshit.  Hilarious. ...and fucking bullshit...all wrapped up in a stinky burrito together.
As far as the whole thing about his dying mother, yeah, it was kind of lame. Did it have something to do with any of this? Maybe, maybe not. Let's face it, the majority of these guys aren't geniuses.

And about the whole "agents are going to turn the tables and expose Saban" deal, put up or shut up. Saban is trying to put a stop to the agents and runners who are breaking the rules, not the ones who are legit and abide by the rules. So it's not like every single agent is out for him. But personally, I don't think we should have skeletons in our closet. If there are some in there, then feel free, because they shouldn't be. But if they're gonna "expose coaches", then do it. Don't sit there and make empty threats just to make yourself look less guilty.

These bad agents that are now bitching remind me of some of our fans, and others who bitch about the NCAA when their team outright breaks major rules. Or the fans that hate Fulmer because he turned us in. One of our players got paid by a booster. We got hammered by the NCAA. NO. SHIT. Because we did something wrong. We have no room to bitch about the NCAA or Fulmer when we screwed up in the first place. Same with these agents breaking the rules. Somebody is trying to do something about them, and they don't like it fucking with their wallets.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:43:09 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 10:03:14 AM »
Dareus will sit a 2 game suspension and have to pay ~$1700 to a charity of his choice.
That's a lot of money to  college kid, especially one who's as poor and vulnerable to temptation as Saban framed it.

Chump change to a rogue booster though.

I'm sure they won't be picking up the tab though. I'm sure Dareus kept every penny he was paid in a Money Market account, so he should have no problems paying it back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 10:08:32 AM »
I'm sure Dareus kept every penny he was paid in a Money Market account, so he should have no problems paying it back.

Does he have to pay back the interest on said money market too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 10:59:58 AM »
If there is a time for Saban and Stoops to keep their mouths shut, that time is now. Just my 2 cents. The both of them being so vocal against certain agents is like them both getting on TV and telling the world the MOB is full of shit, also daring the MOB to come find them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 11:32:10 AM »
Agree, both should keep their mouths shut and just let it die.  I have to agree with Dr. Louth Holtzh (in my best daffy duck) and let the NCAA and NFL get together and work this thing out.  He said it has been going on for years, it just seems more prevalent now.  With Twitter, FaceBook, MySpace, YouTube and what ever else is out there it's easier to get caught doing things than it used to be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 05:39:24 PM »
I'll say again...Coach Belittle should keep talking shit, not only about the agents but about his widdle angel Marcel being lured away by Marvin Austin (not naming Marvin, but saying that Marcel was lured away by others...everyone knows who he was talking about.)

And now SPuat is going to appeal?  BWAHAHAHA...Stupid fuckers is, stupid fuckers does.

I'll also say this, SPuat doesn't really want to try and strong the NCAA...definitely not right now while they're swinging a 50lb. mallett around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 05:47:31 PM »
I'll say again...Coach Belittle should keep talking shit, not only about the agents but about his widdle angel Marcel being lured away by Marvin Austin (not naming Marvin, but saying that Marcel was lured away by others...everyone knows who he was talking about.)

And now SPuat is going to appeal?  BWAHAHAHA...Stupid fuckers is, stupid fuckers does.

I'll also say this, SPuat doesn't really want to try and strong the NCAA...definitely not right now while they're swinging a 50lb. mallett around.

From all of the concrete "proof" about Gadsden, Davidson, Hoover, and others not amounting to shit, I'm starting to wonder if maybe ole SPuat has complete control of the NCAA. 

I mean, if all of the evidence has pointed to "just a matter of time," and with 2012 looming, it's looking more and more likely that Nick Saban calls the shots. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole