Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A kick in the Nutts

JR4AU

Re: A kick in the Nutts
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2010, 02:08:52 PM »
One thing I will add, is that everyone comes down on the NCAA, and I don't particularly care for them either.

However, we live in a society where a lot of superstar athletes believe they can get away with anything, and time has proven that some of them have.  We tend to forget that this kid is not Mr. Innocent, we all know why he was transferring and we all know what Nutt was trying to do.  From the arguments it doesn't seem if this "rule" is clear cut, therefore the NCAA has the ability to make determinations based on circumstance.  In this case, I think they got it right.

Like Wes said, it is not like he doesn't get to play, he just has to sit out like everyone elsewho transfers.  Awww pour kid, he will still probably end up making millions.

They did get it right as I read their reasoning...I just want to see the same reasoning applied the next time some kid(s) wants to t'fer out because his team was put on probation. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2010, 02:41:02 PM »
The rule specifically refers to suspension from the institution, which Masoli was not.

Define "institution" for me in the context of NCAA regs.  Is is the university at large, the athletic program specifically, or some combination thereof?

Including a discussion on the phrase (bammers know this one by heart) "lack of institutional control" earns you extra credit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2010, 03:09:52 PM »
Define "institution" for me in the context of NCAA regs.  Is is the university at large, the athletic program specifically, or some combination thereof?

Including a discussion on the phrase (bammers know this one by heart) "lack of institutional control" earns you extra credit.

"Ins" meaning those going in the school...there are in doors...ins...and there are out doors...outs.  Or the variety of belly buttons of its students.

"Tit" well..tit is self explanatory.

"U"  as in University

"tion"..is a derivative of shun.  To shun away.  To reject Masoli's waiver and transfer..   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2010, 03:14:08 PM »
"Ins" meaning those going in the school...there are in doors...ins...and there are out doors...outs.  Or the variety of belly buttons of its students.

"U"  as in University

"tion"..is a derivative of shun.  To shun away.  To reject Masoli's waiver and transfer..

Gooooooood answer.  I like the way you think.  I'm gonna be watching you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2010, 03:15:41 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2010, 03:38:59 PM »
+1 for using the right quote

+15 to Snaggle for actually using a movie quote....it being funny.....and a classic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2010, 03:39:45 PM »
Fair or not.  Legal or not.  Right or not. 

If it fucks with Nutt, I am all for it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2010, 03:53:37 PM »

"U"  as in University

I'm an idea man Chuck, I get ideas, sometimes I get so many ideas that I can't even fight them off!  What if you mix the mayonnaise in the can, WITH the tunafish? Or... hold it! Chuck! I got it! Take LIVE tuna fish, and FEED 'em mayonnaise! Oh this is great.   Call Starkist.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2010, 04:05:29 PM »
I'm an idea man Chuck, I get ideas, sometimes I get so many ideas that I can't even fight them off!  What if you mix the mayonnaise in the can, WITH the tunafish? Or... hold it! Chuck! I got it! Take LIVE tuna fish, and FEED 'em mayonnaise! Oh this is great.   Call Starkist.

Hey kid, you like music?

Sure

Great...Jumpin Jack Flash...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2010, 04:07:36 PM »
Some of Keaton's best work IMO.  Right there with "Mr Mom" & "Gung Ho"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Six

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2010, 04:09:17 PM »
Hey kid, you like music?

Sure

Great...Jumpin Jack Flash...

As we sit here and idly chat, there are woman, female human beings, rolling around in strange beds with strange men, and we are making money from that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2010, 04:09:44 PM »

Hey someone once laughed at me when I said "why not put the peanut butter and the jelly in the same jar."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2010, 04:11:01 PM »
I'm just crazy for your country. I mean, I love it. You know, my Dad was over here with the Army in about, uh,
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2010, 04:21:36 PM »

No question about it.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2010, 07:11:35 AM »
I'm just crazy for your country. I mean, I love it. You know, my Dad was over here with the Army in about, uh,

Is it just me or do you hate the way your shorts feel when they're wet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2010, 07:33:02 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2010, 09:16:17 AM »
Hey someone once laughed at me when I said "why not put the peanut butter and the jelly in the same jar."

Just let them go tailgate...let em go. Once they get going, there is no stopping them...

And just chalk it up to another fucked up thread...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2010, 09:43:10 AM »
Quote from: War Eagle!!! link=topic=10417.msg143586#msg143586
Y'all fuck up every thread
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2010, 10:18:49 AM »
On the topic of the NCAA dragging its feet...

Questions also were raised about the timing of the decision. The decision was communicated to the school within the generally stated three-week time frame for this type of waiver. The NCAA staff received the waiver request from Ole Miss on Aug. 13 and received the final piece of information from the school in the evening of  Aug. 30.  After considering that final piece of information, the NCAA staff communicated the decision to the school in the morning of Aug. 31

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/resources/latest+news/2010+news+stories/september+latest+news/jeremiah+masoli+case+brings+attention+to+the+ncaa+waiver+process+for+graduate+students
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2010, 10:48:46 AM »
On the topic of the NCAA dragging its feet...

Questions also were raised about the timing of the decision. The decision was communicated to the school within the generally stated three-week time frame for this type of waiver. The NCAA staff received the waiver request from Ole Miss on Aug. 13 and received the final piece of information from the school in the evening of  Aug. 30.  After considering that final piece of information, the NCAA staff communicated the decision to the school in the morning of Aug. 31

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/resources/latest+news/2010+news+stories/september+latest+news/jeremiah+masoli+case+brings+attention+to+the+ncaa+waiver+process+for+graduate+students

Oh sure, go ahead and use your Googles to shoot down our feet dragging theory.  Don't think I won't Youtube your Google in response.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions