Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Some ESPN SEC predictions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Some ESPN SEC predictions
« on: August 30, 2010, 11:27:23 AM »
Anybody can pick divisional winners, players of the year and games of the year.

But let’s delve a little deeper into what to expect this season in the SEC.

Here are 10 fearless predictions to live by in 2010:

• EnlargeAP Photo/Mark J. Terrill

Mark Ingram will be part of a dynamic rushing duo for Alabama this season.1. Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson will both rush for 1,000 yards: That’s never happened at Alabama, and it’s not something that has happened very often, period, in the SEC. The gold standard in this league for teammates rushing for more than 1,000 yards in the same season was established by Arkansas’ Darren McFadden and Felix Jones in 2007. They combined for 2,943 yards. McFadden finished with 1,830 and Jones with 1,113 that season, each averaging at least 5.6 yards per carry.

2. Mississippi State will violate the great Cowbell Compromise by the first SEC game: It’s a novel concept. But you know the first time Auburn is backed up deep in that Thursday night affair, that stadium starts to rock and Cameron Newton is trying to change a play, those bells are going to clang away.

3. Vanderbilt will score 20 points or more in an SEC game: OK, I know you’re saying, ‘Way to go out on a limb there, Low.’ But keep in mind that the Commodores never scored more than 16 points last season in an SEC game and averaged just 8.9 points in eight games against league foes.

4. Jeremiah Masoli will take the bulk of the snaps this season at quarterback for Ole Miss: However, he won’t take the first snap. Look for sophomore Nathan Stanley to start the opener, but for Masoli to take over by that first SEC game against Vanderbilt.

5. For the third time in the past six seasons, Tennessee will lose at least six games: There’s just too much youth and inexperience for Derek Dooley to overcome in his first season in Knoxville. The real goal will be avoiding a third losing season in the past six years. Since joining the SEC in 1933, the Vols have never had three losing seasons over a six-year span

6. The LSU threesome of Terrence Toliver, Rueben Randle and Russell Shepard will emerge as one of the most dangerous receiving triumvirates in the SEC: They combined for five touchdown catches last season. Don’t be surprised if that number triples in 2010.

7. Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett will throw 40 touchdown passes: Yep, that seems like a lot. But Mallett has the arm, the presence in the pocket and the talent at receiver and tight end to do it. Kentucky’s Andre Woodson is the only SEC quarterback to throw 40 or more touchdown passes in a season. He threw exactly 40 in 2007.

8. Georgia will win at least 10 games, the seventh time that Mark Richt has done that in 10 seasons in Athens: Granted, they judge you in this league by how many championships you win. But consistency counts for something.

9. Kentucky’s Randall Cobb will score touchdowns four different ways – running, passing, receiving and on special teams: The guy’s so versatile that he might even write a few of my stories after games this season, direct traffic off campus and then finish his night by cleaning up the stadium. He was second in the SEC to Mark Ingram with 15 touchdowns last season.

10. SEC commissioner Mike Slive will average three more hours of sleep per night with Lane Kiffin no longer in the conference: And Slive's cell phone bill will be cut in half now that he won't be making daily calls to Tennessee athletic director Mike Hamilton, who's probably sleeping better himself.

I believe that Auburn will have the three best receivers in the SEC this year, due to the style of offense we run.

Any thoughts?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Some ESPN SEC predictions
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 12:11:43 PM »
I believe Slive's attention will be turned more to South Carolina now that Kiffin is gone.

As far as our receivers, Adams and Zach established themselves last year as legit pass catchers in this conference.  I think Quindivoranious Carr joins them this year. I can see 30-40 receptions for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 01:37:05 PM »
I believe Slive's attention will be turned more to South Carolina now that Kiffin is gone.

As far as our receivers, Adams and Zach established themselves last year as legit pass catchers in this conference.  I think Quindivoranious Carr joins them this year. I can see 30-40 receptions for him.

Yeah....I'm going there...  Look for Kodi to be a threat up the middle.  He'll be the guy catching a lot of those passes nobody else wants in the kill zone.  He's not a speed threat, but he can take contact, and all indications are that he can catch the ball, and (no pun inteneded) he's caught on and embraced the role at WR.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 01:41:08 PM »
Anybody can pick divisional winners, players of the year and games of the year.

But let’s delve a little deeper into what to expect this season in the SEC.

Here are 10 fearless predictions to live by in 2010:

• EnlargeAP Photo/Mark J. Terrill

Mark Ingram will be part of a dynamic rushing duo for Alabama this season.1. Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson will both rush for 1,000 yards: That’s never happened at Alabama, and it’s not something that has happened very often, period, in the SEC. The gold standard in this league for teammates rushing for more than 1,000 yards in the same season was established by Arkansas’ Darren McFadden and Felix Jones in 2007. They combined for 2,943 yards. McFadden finished with 1,830 and Jones with 1,113 that season, each averaging at least 5.6 yards per carry.

2. Mississippi State will violate the great Cowbell Compromise by the first SEC game: It’s a novel concept. But you know the first time Auburn is backed up deep in that Thursday night affair, that stadium starts to rock and Cameron Newton is trying to change a play, those bells are going to clang away.

3. Vanderbilt will score 20 points or more in an SEC game: OK, I know you’re saying, ‘Way to go out on a limb there, Low.’ But keep in mind that the Commodores never scored more than 16 points last season in an SEC game and averaged just 8.9 points in eight games against league foes.

4. Jeremiah Masoli will take the bulk of the snaps this season at quarterback for Ole Miss: However, he won’t take the first snap. Look for sophomore Nathan Stanley to start the opener, but for Masoli to take over by that first SEC game against Vanderbilt.

5. For the third time in the past six seasons, Tennessee will lose at least six games: There’s just too much youth and inexperience for Derek Dooley to overcome in his first season in Knoxville. The real goal will be avoiding a third losing season in the past six years. Since joining the SEC in 1933, the Vols have never had three losing seasons over a six-year span

6. The LSU threesome of Terrence Toliver, Rueben Randle and Russell Shepard will emerge as one of the most dangerous receiving triumvirates in the SEC: They combined for five touchdown catches last season. Don’t be surprised if that number triples in 2010.

7. Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett will throw 40 touchdown passes: Yep, that seems like a lot. But Mallett has the arm, the presence in the pocket and the talent at receiver and tight end to do it. Kentucky’s Andre Woodson is the only SEC quarterback to throw 40 or more touchdown passes in a season. He threw exactly 40 in 2007.

8. Georgia will win at least 10 games, the seventh time that Mark Richt has done that in 10 seasons in Athens: Granted, they judge you in this league by how many championships you win. But consistency counts for something.

9. Kentucky’s Randall Cobb will score touchdowns four different ways – running, passing, receiving and on special teams: The guy’s so versatile that he might even write a few of my stories after games this season, direct traffic off campus and then finish his night by cleaning up the stadium. He was second in the SEC to Mark Ingram with 15 touchdowns last season.

10. SEC commissioner Mike Slive will average three more hours of sleep per night with Lane Kiffin no longer in the conference: And Slive's cell phone bill will be cut in half now that he won't be making daily calls to Tennessee athletic director Mike Hamilton, who's probably sleeping better himself.

I believe that Auburn will have the three best receivers in the SEC this year, due to the style of offense we run.

Any thoughts?

I think our WR corp will be very productive this year too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 09:54:44 AM »
Yeah....I'm going there...  Look for Kodi to be a threat up the middle.  He'll be the guy catching a lot of those passes nobody else wants in the kill zone.  He's not a speed threat, but he can take contact, and all indications are that he can catch the ball, and (no pun inteneded) he's caught on and embraced the role at WR.

Jury...OUT!

I would rather have Winter. He is always open and has proven he catches the ball. White and slow does not account for much these days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 10:44:48 AM »
Derek Winter isn't white.  He's a full blooded Cherokee Indian.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 10:48:36 AM »
So proud to live, so proud to die
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 10:52:32 AM »
Any relation to Edgar?

And Buzz - that avatar really REALLY creeps me out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 10:59:48 AM »

Cherokee people...da-da-na-na-na...Cherokee Tribe...da-da-na-na-na...So proud to live...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »

Nice hustle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan