Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Craig Sanders' replacement....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Craig Sanders' replacement....
« on: August 19, 2010, 08:09:34 PM »
SPuat's Alfy Hill DE, North Carolina...was ruled ineligible yesterday by the NCAA Slaughterhouse after he was already enrolled in classes at SPuat and practicing with the team at "Jack" LBer...(Remember when Craig Sanders told Coach belittle to go fuck himself, that he was going to be on a team with coaches that give a shit about him and SPuat landed Alfy Hill a week or two later, the bammers claimed that they'd take that trade any day of the week...I would to, for Craig Sanders).

Also, greyshirt Harrison Jones TE was re-added to the roster and rejoined the team at practice, btw, he was already enrolled on a Academic Scholarship (Greyshirt Rules state that you can't be on scholarship or in school until the following calender year).

Q 1).  So, SPuat admits a football player, lets him take summer class and participate in practice eventhough he wasn't cleared by the NCAA???  Hmmm, I was under the assumption that since you couldn't get into University by your HS scores then you shouldn't be able to step foot onto any University as a student of the University.  Guess that's part of "The Proce$$".  Speaking of "The Proce$$", sounds like the NCAA might've figured it out....watch out Chapman and Murphy (GradeChangingGate)

Q 2).  Since Harrison Jones was already enrolled on a Scholarship, any Scholarship and he signed his LOI to play football (Remember, he was the one that was practicing with the team, taking classes, staying at the Dorm with the other football players before getting the word that he would be greyshirted).  How could he be a Greyshirt if he was already enrolled, taking classes and already on scholarship?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:37:53 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Craig Sander's replacement....
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:20:41 PM »
If there is one position I'm not worried about losing a guy at, it is LB. We're rollin like 50 deep. But seriously, on the Alfy Hill thing, the NCAA originally cleared him. That's why he was on campus and with the team. There is some sort of problem with one of his online correspondance courses, apparently.

I'm almost certain Saban had his grades changed, though.  :thumsup:

And as far as the Jones thing, you have until a certain date (I can't remember when that is) to finalize your scholarship numbers at or below 85, and then another to have your 105 man roster. I would imagine it has something to do with that.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:33:33 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:32:14 PM »
If there is one position I'm not worried about losing a guy at, it is LB. We're rollin like 50 deep.
"rollin' 50 deep"....that's why freshman RB/FB, 28 yr old., Jalston Fowler had his number changed to #56 and was moved to "Jack LBer"?  Lemme guess, Coach belittle didn't destroy Fowler's dream of carrying the rock either.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 08:37:10 PM »
"rollin' 50 deep"....that's why freshman RB/FB, 28 yr old., Jalston Fowler had his number changed to #56 and was moved to "Jack LBer"?  Lemme guess, Coach belittle didn't destroy Fowler's dream of carrying the rock either.....
Where do you think he would see PT sooner? RB/FB or LB? As he has said in previous interviews, he has always dreamed of playing for Alabama, and doesn't care where he plays at. If he doesn't care, I don't see why I should.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:38:04 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 08:42:11 PM »
Where do you think he would see PT sooner? RB/FB or LB? As he has said in previous interviews, he has always dreamed of playing for Alabama, and doesn't care where he plays at. If he doesn't care, I don't see why I should.
Fullback
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 08:55:44 PM »
Fullback
With what they are doing with the offense this season, the FB position isn't going to do much at all. I mean, if he wants to be Cody's fill in on offense taking a snap every 3-4 games or so, then great. But something tells me he doesn't mind the move to LB. Look, this shit happens all the time everywhere. You telling me Bates was lied to and has been cheated out of something because they're moving him to LB? No. AU's coaches think he can be used in another role better. Kids come onto campus all the time recruited for a certain position. They get on campus and reality sets in when camp starts, and they see what's in front of them.

Maybe Saban asked him if he would move. Maybe Fowler asked Saban if he could move. I don't know. One thing I do know is Saban has commented numerous times that it is useless to move a player if the player doesn't want to move. They won't have their heart into it, and they won't care as much about learning if they don't want to do it in the first place. That's why when a guy moves positions, I would tend to believe he agreed to it.

I know it's like your job here to make it out as if Saban lies to every single kid he recruits, but damn. I told you in the first place when Fowler signed that he wasn't going to amount to much at that position if he stuck with it. I believe I commented he was the "next Baron Huber....wow!"
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 09:00:34 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 09:09:03 PM »

Oh...he's good enough to crack the 50 deep at LB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Token

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 09:39:27 PM »
Oh...he's good enough to crack the 50 deep at LB.

Don't kid yourself, he is clearly on the bubble.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Craig Sanders' replacement....
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 09:54:25 PM »
SPuat's Alfy Hill DE, North Carolina...was ruled ineligible yesterday by the NCAA Slaughterhouse after he was already enrolled in classes at SPuat and practicing with the team at "Jack" LBer...(Remember when Craig Sanders told Coach belittle to go fuck himself, that he was going to be on a team with coaches that give a shit about him and SPuat landed Alfy Hill a week or two later, the bammers claimed that they'd take that trade any day of the week...I would to, for Craig Sanders).

Also, greyshirt Harrison Jones TE was re-added to the roster and rejoined the team at practice, btw, he was already enrolled on a Academic Scholarship (Greyshirt Rules state that you can't be on scholarship or in school until the following calender year).

Q 1).  So, SPuat admits a football player, lets him take summer class and participate in practice eventhough he wasn't cleared by the NCAA???  Hmmm, I was under the assumption that since you couldn't get into University by your HS scores then you shouldn't be able to step foot onto any University as a student of the University.  Guess that's part of "The Proce$$".  Speaking of "The Proce$$", sounds like the NCAA might've figured it out....watch out Chapman and Murphy (GradeChangingGate)

Q 2).  Since Harrison Jones was already enrolled on a Scholarship, any Scholarship and he signed his LOI to play football (Remember, he was the one that was practicing with the team, taking classes, staying at the Dorm with the other football players before getting the word that he would be greyshirted).  How could he be a Greyshirt if he was already enrolled, taking classes and already on scholarship?

Prowler, I have a question for you.  You mentioned the Murphy/Chapman situation.  I am not a "rumor" or "skreets" guy, I don't really follow it that closely.  But, I have heard that a lot of coaches and former coaches from Hoover have been contacted regarding that situation (as recent as this summer).  Most are refusing to talk (career killer).  I was surprised due to how long ago the transcript "error" occured.  Why now?  I know of one prominent B'ham reporter that has info but needs one more source to run the story.  This all dates back to Kevin Steele and Lance Thompson.  What say the skreets?
Also, Yahoo Sports name seems to keep rearing its ugly head....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 10:26:05 PM »
SPuat's Alfy Hill DE, North Carolina...was ruled ineligible yesterday by the NCAA Slaughterhouse after he was already enrolled in classes at SPuat and practicing with the team at "Jack" LBer...(Remember when Craig Sanders told Coach belittle to go phuk himself, that he was going to be on a team with coaches that give a poop about him and SPuat landed Alfy Hill a week or two later, the bammers claimed that they'd take that trade any day of the week...I would to, for Craig Sanders).

Prowler the Alfy Hill situation is sad. The NCAA cleared him, he enrolled and started classes this summer. The NCAA admitted they made a mistake with his transcripts and some of classes were not considered part of his core. My guess was something like he took (just an example) Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry and Algebra II. His pre-algebra may not have been considered his fourth year of a math. His high school coach said they have never had this problem before and did not know why it was a problem now. As for Harrison Jones I am not sure what that deal is. I was under the impression that if you were a greyshirt you were at home chillin' until Jan. But I really do not know. I will see what I can find out and pass it along. Also about Craig Sanders CTT did not really recruit him we did. He grew up an allbarn fan and wanted to play there but CTT did not act like he wanted him. When Chessit got there he treated Craig right and Craig decided to play at the place he grew up loving and where he wanted to go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 08:25:34 PM »
Prowler, I have a question for you.  You mentioned the Murphy/Chapman situation.  I am not a "rumor" or "skreets" guy, I don't really follow it that closely.  But, I have heard that a lot of coaches and former coaches from Hoover have been contacted regarding that situation (as recent as this summer).  Most are refusing to talk (career killer).  I was surprised due to how long ago the transcript "error" occured.  Why now?  I know of one prominent B'ham reporter that has info but needs one more source to run the story.  This all dates back to Kevin Steele and Lance Thompson.  What say the skreets?

All I know is that in Kerry Murphy's case people were surprised, to say the least, that he actually graduated from Hoover and to Prep School (which is tougher than JUCO to get into).  In Josh Chapman's case, when he was an Auburn commitment, it was known to everyone following prospects that were interested in Auburn and/or prospects that've committed to Auburn that Chapman would be another qualifying casualty, but not long after he committed to SPuat he mysteriously had qualifying scores.  There were A LOT of Rivals and Scout members questioning Jeffrey Lee, Bryan Matthews, etc. about how Chapman has all of a sudden qualified.  Most people assumed that SPuat had something to do with it, but there wasn't anything to back it....that was until word got out about former SPuat DC Kevin Steele contacting Hoover and Chapman getting a rounded up score, a score that wasn't rounded up by the teacher....and there's a former SPuat cheerleader that's on staff at Hoover.

Also about Craig Sanders CTT did not really recruit him we did. He grew up an allbarn fan and wanted to play there but CTT did not act like he wanted him. When Chessit got there he treated Craig right and Craig decided to play at the place he grew up loving and where he wanted to go.

"I grew up in a Florida family. My mother married a man from Florida and his family has had lifetime season tickets down there. I just always grew up following them."

Something doesn't scream, "War Eagle" in that statement....BTW, Craig's mother is an Auburn fan but just about the rest of his mother's side of the family is all SPuat.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 09:10:29 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 09:26:04 AM »

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 01:58:53 PM »
Looks like Alfy Hill will be going to ECU.  He'll be going in as a partial qualifier, he won't be able to participate in football activities this upcoming season and he'll pay his way for the first season, then he'll be on football scholarship next year.....somewhat of a Greyshirt, except that he'll be enrolling in classes instead of having to sit out a full year from school and football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions